November 04, 2015 10:39 pm UTC
November 04, 2015 10:39 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline OP
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline OP
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I just ordered some brake calipers from Rock Auto that supposedly included installation hardware. Seconds later, I see the same calipers with installation hardware AND bracket. Their category says either unloaded calipers (no pads or hardware) or semi loaded (hardware but no pads). When they said includes hardware, I assumed that meant includes brackets. Literally mere SECONDS later, I saw the same calipers with hardware AND brackets (something that was not even addressed in their category description). I IMMEDIATELY tried to cancel the order, but was unable to do so online. I phone them within 4 minutes of placing the order, and got through to a person about 8 minutes later, and they claim it is too late to cancel the order, the goods have already shipped.

What a bunch of BS!

Think twice before ordering from them!

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Rock Auto - bad guy [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #444794
November 05, 2015 12:29 am UTC
November 05, 2015 12:29 am UTC
Los Angeles, California
Alex Akachinskiy Offline
Insane Member
Alex Akachinskiy  Offline
Insane Member
Los Angeles, California
Try calling back again to speak with different representative. On your first call u most likely got a newbie that was just reading text off the screen.

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4
Re: Rock Auto - bad guy [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #444795
November 05, 2015 12:39 am UTC
November 05, 2015 12:39 am UTC
Ottawa, ON
Mike Eng Offline
Mike Eng  Offline
Ottawa, ON
That's awful customer service and plain wrong if you ask me.

People make more mistakes ordering parts online than over the phone. I would know wink

You'd think they have recourse or grace with these type of situations.

'99 GSX GT35R
'03 CBR 600RR
Re: Rock Auto - bad guy [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #444797
November 05, 2015 03:02 am UTC
November 05, 2015 03:02 am UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline OP
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline OP
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Nope, not a newbie. We got right into it. He claims the parts I ordered are "special order" and can't be cancelled once ordered. He supposedly even called A1-Cardone and tried. The stupid thing is he says I can return them once they get here, but I pay shipping both ways, and probably some kind of restocking fee, but I can't cancel 60 seconds after ordering. How stupid is that?

I also argued their website is VERY vague. They sell the calipers either "unloaded" (no hardware, no pads), or "semi-loaded" (includes hardware but no pads), or "loaded" (includes hardware AND pads). NONE of their categories mention brackets, unless you consider them to be part of the hardware, but they obviously (obvious NOW) are not.

In this case, the description says "includes hardware". The picture does NOT show the bracket, and this was his big argument, but the picture also does NOT show any hardware. So what it comes down to, is that you are going to get additional parts to what the picture shows, but you need to be a mind reader (or read the descriptions of all the other parts you have no intention of buying) before you realize you are not going to get what you expected. I only coincidentally saw the similar part with hardware AND brackets immediately after ordering, and that is when I tried to cancel....literally within less than a minute. The order was marked 4:02pm, I tried several times to change/cancel the order online as their website suggests, eating up about 6 minutes. That is when I phoned, and I called at 4:10. I was on with them over 12 minutes, but most of that was on hold waiting for someone.

Some of their products they mark as "stocked in outlying warehouse - shipping will be delayed", but I have NEVER seen any of their products marked as "special order, cannot be cancelled". If this is the case, they SHOULD warn you.

Just BEWARE!

Last edited by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing; November 05, 2015 03:04 am UTC.

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Rock Auto - bad guy [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #446662
February 22, 2016 04:56 pm UTC
February 22, 2016 04:56 pm UTC
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Michael Lee Offline
Insane Member
Michael Lee  Offline
Insane Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Fastest shipping IN THE WORLD. lol