I figured I'd post some pics up as there hasn't been much project content lately over the winter months....

This retrofit is my first, and it will be going into my 1986 Corolla GTS.

First off I ordered a set of ebay glass lens h4 housings for the car. It just uses 5x7 housings as it has pop up headlamps. Here's a shot with the lens on (notice I gutted all the halogen projector bits out of it)

[Linked Image]

Heating up the housings in the oven allowed the glass lenses to be pried off. A fellow DSMer Anthony Hiscock helped with this part as I wasn't sure on how hot or how long to leave the lights in the oven. I used a flat top screw driver to remove the remaining OEM sealant that held the assembly together.

[Linked Image]

Here's a shot of the back of the housing I had to work with. There isn't much depth between the front lens and the OEM bulb location, so I would have to cut the back out of the housing to get the projector to sit far back enough to allow the re installation of the lens.

[Linked Image]

Here's a couple of shots of the projector I'll be using. Its the bi-xenon mini d2s kit. I bought a full kit from retrofitsource.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What I ended up doing was using a hole saw to cut out the original mounting flange for the halogen bulb. I then needed to ream out the bottom of the basket to have the projector sit deep enough into the housing. Finally I cut two triangles to allow the projector to sit perfectly straight in the housing without any tilt.

[Linked Image]

Here it is test fit into the housing...

[Linked Image]

Front clears!

[Linked Image]

That's as far as I made out last night with this project. Today I picked up two PVC caps for the back of the housing. I hope to use the caps to centre the projector before bench adjusting the cut off and aim of the light with respect to the housing. I also picked up a tube of urathane which I will use to seal up the back of the housing to ensure its water tight.