October 12, 2002 03:50 pm UTC
October 12, 2002 03:50 pm UTC
Toronto
A
Alexandr Mazur Offline OP
Alexandr Mazur  Offline OP
A
Toronto
There's something wrong with my 92 NT Talon......
I started noticing that when at idle my RPM's drop really suddenly and then come back to "normal", well you can't say normal cuz i adjusted my idle to 1000 RPMs because if it less, when it drops the car stalls. This happend very often, like at every stop light, but when I just start driving it doesn't do that. When trying to accelerate at low speeds, after putting the car in gear and releasing the clutch, the RPS's drop really suddenly and the car will stall if you don't give it a lot of gas. This also happens after accelerating from a stopped position.
Also I notice how the car behaves when after accelerating I let go of the gas and still keep it in gear the car starts "Kicking", it's not like a smoooth deceleration, but instead it sort of "jumps" back and forth.
Can anybody suggest what's going on and what I should do? Any help is appreciated, Tnkz

P.S. After I started to notice this, I changed my fuel filter and put one of those injector cleaners in the tank.....but that didn't help.

Re: Dropping RPM's #100648
October 12, 2002 09:18 pm UTC
October 12, 2002 09:18 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alex,, you could have 2 sensors on the throttle body needing replaced. #1. Idle speed control. (ISC)& #2. Throttle Position Sensor. (TPS). Have the car checked out with a scanner.

Re: Dropping RPM's #100649
October 12, 2002 10:30 pm UTC
October 12, 2002 10:30 pm UTC
Hamilton
A
Amin Ahmadi Offline
Insane Member
Amin Ahmadi  Offline
Insane Member
A
Hamilton
could be the ECU or in a good case its capacitors.

ay error code given by th ECU?

Amin