PLEASE READ FIRST - OR FEAR INSTANT REMOVAL:
Please, PLEASE, PLEASE! When you register yourself on this bulletin board, you must use your REAL FULL Name as your Public Display Name. It makes things much less confusing to differentiate who is who, rather than using first names, initials, or aliases.
This is a requirement of your membership here.
So, if your name is Joseph Smith, "Joseph Smith" is fine, "Joe Smith" is fine, heck even "Sir Joseph Alexander Smith" is great if it's applicable.
But, "smitty", "schmuck-boy", "dunderhead", "Tsi20", "AWD-Kills!" and the like are NOT ok.
Don't make us force you to change it afterwards!
You may get no warning either, and simply be deleted.
Also, for the sake of clarity, please list your basic car description under "Interests". :-)
Common Courtesey is used on this bulletin board at ALL TIMES. If you haven't got something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, don't say it here. Period.
One more thing... you MUST use your real email address. BUT! Do not worry, this bulletin board is protected against spammers stealing your email address, and using it for their own purposes. If you would like to understand how, just ask... :-)
Now, we also have some rules. Again, these are
NOT open for discussion. If you don't like them, please close your browser window now.
Standard Disclaimer Follows:
- Respect the moderators. If you disagree with them, say so politely. Abuse of the moderators will not be tolerated.
Moderators actions are not to be challenged publically. If you have a problem with a Moderators action please PM a Moderator to have your issue reviewed. There is usually a lot of thought and discussion behind the scenes of each action so please keep that in mind.
- Accounts may not be shared.
- Search first, post afterwards. Topics covered in the
FAQs or available via
UBB search will be locked, usually without warning.
- Post in the correct forum.
- Stay on topic, otherwise, start a new thread.
- Posts must use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- No "moon talk", slang or web language is allowed.
- No cursing, pornography or offensive content, either posted or linked, is allowed.
- Signatures should be short and to the point.
- Avatar images must be a reasonable size. Images in signatures are not allowed.
- Take all personal discussions to either private messaging or email.
- No "calling dibs" on a part for sale. The seller decides who gets what - not you.
- No "bumping" of Parts Trader threads. Unnecessary replies will be deleted.
- Posts made here, become the property of
Club DSM Canada, and will remain in place on the forums. Think before you
act like an idiot, the internet is forever.
- No replies in the Parts Trader consisting of "Check your email", "Check your PMs", "Call me" or similar. The seller provides contact information, so use it.
- Vendors may post advertisements or offers in the "Group Buy" and "Commercial Advertisements" section only, unless responding to a specific question from another member.
- Vendors may not post in another vendors' thread.
- The buying/selling, or trading of goods that are copyright protected, stolen, or otherwise illegal is prohibited on this UBB.
- We will not remove or edit accounts, to
help you hide your identity. If you can demonstrate some lawful and
government sanctioned reason why you need to do so, we will assist.
- Everyone is welcome to this board, however, it is a privilege and not a right to have access to the information on this board. If you have a problem with this notion please leave now.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we at Club DSM Canada do not actively monitor the contents of this space and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Club DSM Canada. Any member who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use Club DSM Canada to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by Club DSM Canada.
Although Club DSM Canada does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at Club DSM Canada reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Club DSM Canada and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your messagearray(s).
We at Club DSM Canada also reserve the right to reveal your identity array(or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate in Club DSM Canada.