January 20, 2004 02:36 am UTC
Toronto
V
Vlad Stokol Offline OP
Vlad Stokol  Offline OP
V
Toronto
Hello, guys/girs!

I have a 1999 gsx eclipse with failed ABS.
When I checked the ENGINE light it said that my G-SENSOR malfunctioned!!!!?? I purchased a new one and that didnt help.... I am now in the process of tracing the wires by hand!

Does anyone have a colour code wire diagram???
I have wasted close to 500 bucks error checking this at dealer and new parts and I am tired of this crap.
I would be willing to pay for it.

Please help.... as the AWD system depends on the functionality of the ABS and the car SUCKS without it!!!

asweavio@rogers.com

thx

Re: Please help, NEED electronic wiring diagram 2g? #108797
January 20, 2004 02:55 am UTC
January 20, 2004 02:55 am UTC
Hamilton
A
Amin Ahmadi Offline
Insane Member
Amin Ahmadi  Offline
Insane Member
A
Hamilton
AWD system does NOT depend on the ABS.

The drivetrain of a manual DSM is NOT goverened by anything electronic.

calm down a bit, you spend 500 on diagnostics? well, they told you something is wrong and it proved to be not that! then tell them to screw off and deal with them accordingly.

For that you need the DSM ShopManual, it has all the wiring diagrams from the factory. The dealer DOES have these in print. As a favour you can tell them to give that to you. Now that they have caused the hassle you can make a deal about that.

I don't know where 2G's G sensors are, mine(Galant) is close to shifter.
Find the sensor,
Find the COntrol module.
see if the wires of the same colour are connected.

Is the COntrol module's ground fine, is the sensors ground OK?!

Re: Please help, NEED electronic wiring diagram 2g? #108798
January 20, 2004 03:04 am UTC
January 20, 2004 03:04 am UTC
Toronto
V
Vlad Stokol Offline OP
Vlad Stokol  Offline OP
V
Toronto
not that i want to argue with anyone.... BUT the ABS does control the AWD (not directly though)but by using the abs to brake each wheel as needed...
thus it relies on the g-sensor to check for acceleration/deceleration and to analyze the road surface. Therefore, by using abs the awd system works in harmony.

I do have the FSM (factory service manual) and it does have a wiring diagram BUT it does not have a COLOUR code for each wire, so tracing them becomes difficult!!!

if anyone else has any inplut, please help.

asweavio@rogers.com

Re: Please help, NEED electronic wiring diagram 2g? #108799
January 20, 2004 03:18 am UTC
January 20, 2004 03:18 am UTC
Toronto
V
Vlad Stokol Offline OP
Vlad Stokol  Offline OP
V
Toronto
the g-sensor is brand new and the abs-cpu works fine beacuse it sends error codes to the OBD2...

here is the problem in a greater detail....
I was given an error checking procedure by mitsu dealer and it said to check voltage output of the sensor when it was pluged in....

there are three wires and well.... i'm supposed to get a voltage difference of 2.4-3.4 volt or something like that BUUUUT..... i get 0volts.... as if a ground is missing in one of the wires (that is why i want to track it down).
My reasoning for this is that when I unplug the g-sensor and check for voltage in one of those wires (with respect to mass ground) than i get 5v.
This makes me think that the second wire MUST be negative to close the circuit but it wsnt showing it.

sorry 'bout the write up.... but i am desperate... with 150 spent for error codes at mitsu, a new 150 g-sensor and countless ecu checks!!!

asweavio@rogers.com

Re: Please help, NEED electronic wiring diagram 2g? #108800
January 20, 2004 03:38 am UTC
January 20, 2004 03:38 am UTC
Hamilton
A
Amin Ahmadi Offline
Insane Member
Amin Ahmadi  Offline
Insane Member
A
Hamilton
Vlad,

the wiring diagram does have the colours. It is as codes if you look closely enough. e.g. "BW" for Black with white strips.

You still can't fully rule out the control module. Yes, they do communicate. But how do you know the sensor reading submodule is fine?! the PCB board taking the signal in could be cracked!
I have no intention of proving my point. This is the crap I do everyday.

As far as I know there are 2G AWD's with no ABS from the factory. That should be a good enough indication that the finctionality of the drivetrain is not dependent on ABS. I don't think Talon's ever came with Traction Control.

By the way as far as I know the G sensor is used in OBD2 equipped car for purposes other than the ABS too. For example engine misfire detection. That could be why you are experiencing other problems too.

Re: Please help, NEED electronic wiring diagram 2g? #108801
January 20, 2004 04:27 am UTC
January 20, 2004 04:27 am UTC
Toronto, ON
Michael Druciarek Offline
Serious Member
Michael Druciarek  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto, ON
The AWD system is NOT controlled in ANY way by ANY electrical device inside the car or ecu.

Your ECU has absolutely no control over the way your AWD system works. It cannot "transfer" power as needed to each wheel, this is already done by differentials, gears, shafts, etc.. etc..

And the DSM's do not have any sort of "stability control" which sounds like what you're talking about having ABS come-on depending on which wheel/side of car needs it at certain situations.

If you think you're having "driveability" issues, I would look elsewhere except the ABS.

If you rip out your ABS sensor(s) and control unit, etc.. etc.. I bet you'll get nothing more than a check engine light (someone correct me if i`m wrong).

DNP T3/T4, GT30R, 272/272 HKS, Wiseco 9:1, Eagle Rods, Metal HG, ARP Studs, Fidanza Flywheel, Tial 44mm, FIC 850cc, 3" Turbo-Back, ACT 2600, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Wideband, Walbro 255, Huge FMIC, Greddy Type-S, Tein Adjustable Coilovers
Re: Please help, NEED electronic wiring diagram 2g? #108802
January 20, 2004 05:02 am UTC
January 20, 2004 05:02 am UTC
Waterdown/Hamilton Ontario
Justin Howe Offline
Serious Member
Justin Howe  Offline
Serious Member
Waterdown/Hamilton Ontario
I got a abs light when my abs system failed no check engine light but that possibly could have been because it was the actual abs actuator itself.

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD R.I.P.
New car 1997 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Re: Please help, NEED electronic wiring diagram 2g? #108803
January 21, 2004 01:57 am UTC
January 21, 2004 01:57 am UTC
Toronto
V
Vlad Stokol Offline OP
Vlad Stokol  Offline OP
V
Toronto
aahh.... I just checked and I have only the Technical Information Manual and not the Factory Service Manual frown ((( that is why i dont have any colour codes!!!
1) Does anyone know where to buy F.S.M. CD cheap and quickly????? I dont want to wait 3 weeks for shiping from US!

and I do know that the physical AWD is not controlled electronicaly BUT the T.I.M. that i have says that the ABS work in conjuction with the G-sensor to monitor wheel spin (by speed sensors of each wheel) and than use abs to independently brake each wheel. That was what i meant by the AWD system. Not the actual physical part BUT the driving conditions.

2) Is there anyone here that has an OBD2 scan tool, a factory service manual that they can lease me? OR I'd be more than willing to pay for any error checking if someone wishes to make some money!!! ( someth'n less than the 80+ bucks per hour they charge at dealers frown )

thx guys

asweavio@rogers.com

Re: Please help, NEED electronic wiring diagram 2g? #108804
January 21, 2004 05:28 am UTC
January 21, 2004 05:28 am UTC
Toronto, ON
Michael Druciarek Offline
Serious Member
Michael Druciarek  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto, ON
That's correct, the abs sensors are used ONLY during ABS breaking to know which wheel(s) are actually slipping, because our cars are equipped with "4-wheel independand ABS" meaning if the right side of the car hits ice, only those 2 wheels are in ABS mode once you hit the brake, the other 2 will brake with maximum force.

Again, this does NOTHING during normal driving conditions. I have both manuals if you want to see, but you will have to drive down to pick me up and drive to my shop to get them, because I don't have the car right now.

DNP T3/T4, GT30R, 272/272 HKS, Wiseco 9:1, Eagle Rods, Metal HG, ARP Studs, Fidanza Flywheel, Tial 44mm, FIC 850cc, 3" Turbo-Back, ACT 2600, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Wideband, Walbro 255, Huge FMIC, Greddy Type-S, Tein Adjustable Coilovers