Rate Thread
1G Seatbelt Recall #18088
June 09, 2001 05:03 am UTC
June 09, 2001 05:03 am UTC
D
Dan Saddy Offline OP
Dan Saddy  Offline OP
D
Well, times a tickin and i need to get this done before the 22nd + I dont like hauling people around in the passenger seat without a seatbelt.

Does anyone know what exactly do they do to the belts ? The socket you insert the clip in is broken on mine but do they also fix the belt recoil assembly ???

Also does anyone know the recall/TSB ### ???
I wanna get this done later this week... I assume this is free since its a recal, if not please tell me what the damage is gonna be.. Thanks...

------------------
Dan Saddy -------[b] \"Lightly Moded\"[/i] '91 Talon ESi[/b]
[i]"If you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalk !!!"

Re: 1G Seatbelt Recall #18089
June 09, 2001 07:36 pm UTC
June 09, 2001 07:36 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The recall only applied to the plastic around the buckle and the red button. The retractor was not part of the recall. If your retractor is not working then take it in to satan and they should relace it for free under warranty. The seat belts are covered for life from Chrysler. Little known but true. I used to work at a Chrysler dealer and unless the problem was caused by the owner (dog chewed the webbing to bits, etc.) the belts were replaced free.

------------------
Darren Schoff
90 Laser Turbo

Re: 1G Seatbelt Recall #18090
June 10, 2001 01:21 am UTC
June 10, 2001 01:21 am UTC
D
Dan Saddy Offline OP
Dan Saddy  Offline OP
D
Thanks Darren
Well thats good, its the actual belt clip that snapped right off... Good thing it happened when my friend was taking the belt off rather then if I got in an accident...

Seatbelts covered for life you say... They are just worn from 10 years of service. My rear seatbelts are like new, partially because no one in there right mind would want to contort their body to fit in the back. This weekend my friend who's 6"1' sat in the back coudlnt feel his leg afterwards... We were in the car for mabey 5 minutes...

------------------
Dan Saddy -------[b] \"Lightly Moded\"[/i] '91 Talon ESi[/b]
[i]"If you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalk !!!"