February 18, 2005 09:32 pm UTC
February 18, 2005 09:32 pm UTC
Brampton Ontario
M
Mark Miller Offline OP
Mark Miller  Offline OP
M
Brampton Ontario
Having some issues with my tranny looks like its the driveline giving some issues (if I run into highway speeds) when you give any gas it gives a very potent vibration feelings from the gas pedal area. Not to happy with that at all, tranny never had any work done on it before has approx 98 xxx kilom on the car now (so I think it is due to abuse on it).

Im also having some problems with my suspension looks like my shocks / springs and bushings for the control arm's are now gone, so if anyone has any parts for a fwd 2nd generation drop me a note

thanks a million

Re: Transmission Work + Suspension (2nd gen) #155497
February 19, 2005 12:06 pm UTC
February 19, 2005 12:06 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
Do some more diagnosis and checking before you get into any tranny work. Vibrations can come from a lot of things especially if you have that many suspension related issues. Check the entire driveline for carrier bearings, u-joints, driveshaft, transfer case, bushings, motor mounts yadda yadda. Most are simple = cheap checks before you pull a tranny and 98,000 k isnt that much mileage even for an abused tranny as the clutch takes most of the abuse.

A vibration that tracks engine RPM's is going to be caused by something forward of the tranny input shaft. A vibration that tracks the car's speed is going to be something from the tranny backwards to the wheels. Options include driveshaft (of course), tires out of balance, bent wheels, a misfire, pinion out of balance, out of balance flywheel, missing bolt in the flywheel, etc.

Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.