January 24, 2005 07:57 pm UTC
Redmond, Washington
Dan Sarkar Offline OP
Serious Member
Dan Sarkar  Offline OP
Serious Member
Redmond, Washington
Hey All

There is a distributor called Tom Motorsports site that can apparantly get Bride Brix II style seats for a relatively low price. I have heard varying degrees on the quality though.
Has anyone come across these seats yet?
Ziggy, can you shed any light on this perhaps?

Thanks!

Seats

I want an RS4.
Re: Tom Motorsports? #220296
January 25, 2005 02:11 am UTC
January 25, 2005 02:11 am UTC
Regina, Sk
C
Chris Clark Offline
Insane Member
Chris Clark  Offline
Insane Member
C
Regina, Sk
I know some of the local ricer shops, that sell fart cans and intakes, always have that brand on hand. I dont know of the quality though. Always remeber you do get what you pay for though. Tom Motorsports coilovers sell for like $99, I cant believe kids put that stuff on their car.

IMHO I wouldnt bother.

1990 TSi AWD - Parked since I bought it (Jan24/03)
Had it out one day, and busted the trans.
Re: Tom Motorsports? #220297
January 25, 2005 02:22 am UTC
January 25, 2005 02:22 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dan, Jonny has the seats and they are pretty decent quality. Tom has a warehouse in quebec so shipping to Canada is very fast(1-3days fedex) and there arent any duties.

Re: Tom Motorsports? #220298
January 25, 2005 02:45 am UTC
January 25, 2005 02:45 am UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I can't really shed any light, know nothing about them. The pricing on the Tom Motorsport site...is that per pair or per seat? As you know, I have just STARTED dealing with X3Racing in California, ordered the 1gb headlights from there which are arriving Friday night. He has quite a few styles of racing seats at $250. - $280USD per pair, including the universal sliders. Of course, shipping would add to that considerably, but if Tom's price of $199.USD is per seat, it might still be cheaper to get them from X3. Again, as far as quality, I count on YOU GUYS to be the experts....I just import and sell the stuff, LOL!!

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Tom Motorsports? #220299
January 25, 2005 02:59 am UTC
January 25, 2005 02:59 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally posted by Ziggy Dietrich:
I can't really shed any light, know nothing about them. The pricing on the Tom Motorsport site...is that per pair or per seat? As you know, I have just STARTED dealing with X3Racing in California, ordered the 1gb headlights from there which are arriving Friday night. He has quite a few styles of racing seats at $250. - $280USD per pair, including the universal sliders. Of course, shipping would add to that considerably, but if Tom's price of $199.USD is per seat, it might still be cheaper to get them from X3. Again, as far as quality, I count on YOU GUYS to be the experts....I just import and sell the stuff, LOL!!
Um how would it be cheaper getting it from X3, when Tom has a warehouse in quebec? That means no duties and no Ziggy's cut?

Re: Tom Motorsports? #220300
January 25, 2005 03:00 am UTC
January 25, 2005 03:00 am UTC
Hamilton, Ontario
J
Jonny Marszalek Offline
** BOOTED **
Jonny Marszalek  Offline
** BOOTED **
J
Hamilton, Ontario
Originally posted by Ziggy Dietrich:
Do you peddle your stupid ass into any purchases people are trying to make on this forum? Just like the 1gB group buy, making $22 per set, give me a break, get bent. As for the seats, I got my set from tom for $305cad shipped, from there Quebec warehouse, for 2 black Monster Reclinable race seats with brackets. Email him, he'll do the same deal for you as well.

Re: Tom Motorsports? #220301
January 25, 2005 03:10 am UTC
January 25, 2005 03:10 am UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
First of all for the clown brigade, I didn't peddle my "stupid" ass in here, I was SPECIFICALLY ASKED, BY NAME what I knew about them, if you read the very first post of this thread! I was also honest enough to say I know NOTHING about them. Tom's Website price says $199.USD. It doesn't say per seat or per pair. I said, IF....can you guys handle 2 letter words?? ...IF that price was $199USD per seat, I could beat it. That is a FACT!! If it is $305 Canadian per pair, or $199.USD per pair, I can't...that is also a fact. And you clowns would begrudge me my $22. per set of lights? WHy don't you morons do this yourselves? Write about 20 emails back and forth, make a dozen phone calls down to Californina, "buy in" with him at a minimum $1500.USD purchase, put out all the money up front, fill out 10 pages of credit apps and paperwork, then arrange to ship 5 large boxes, drive to NEW YORK to the mailbox you pay to rent, and then wait in customs for an hour after doing all the paperwork. After that, drive around to Yorkdale and other convenient places for members to take them off your hands...
Yes, I am making $22. per set...but you know what?...the guys buying them are STILL saving money!!
You guys are a disgrace to Hamilton!!

"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Tom Motorsports? #220302
January 25, 2005 03:18 am UTC
January 25, 2005 03:18 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or we contact the guy, send him $1500 and tell him to UPS it to us as $10USD. Takes 3 days and theres no paperwork or bs, and dont have to even leave the house. cool

Ziggy im not argueing that its not ALOT of hassle for you. And yes making 22 is to little for the amount of work your doing. But common the deal blows, look at the ridiculous fees.

Re: Tom Motorsports? #220303
January 25, 2005 03:22 am UTC
January 25, 2005 03:22 am UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ya, right, and the customs guys think 5 LARGE boxes, $10. value, sounds about right.....morons!! :rolleyes:

Also, it's $1800.USD you'd have to ship him, not $1500. And all of a sudden my $22. is reasonable? Is that what your other half means by "gimme a break...get bent"?

"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Tom Motorsports? #220304
January 25, 2005 03:25 am UTC
January 25, 2005 03:25 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ziggy, lets just say its been done 10 fold. pimp

Re: Tom Motorsports? #220305
January 25, 2005 03:27 am UTC
January 25, 2005 03:27 am UTC
Hamilton, Ontario
J
Jonny Marszalek Offline
** BOOTED **
Jonny Marszalek  Offline
** BOOTED **
J
Hamilton, Ontario
How exactly are they saving money by paying your indolent ass to broker them for a premium? And don't give me that "customs and shipping" excuse. Cause you aren't buying them any cheaper then they can negotiate them down to, then there are 2 taxes to pay on the lights, shipping, and your fees. Great deal. Further more, the disgrace to Hamilton is you. Every damn post about some poorly made cheap chinese product someone wants to purchase, you are always there weaseling in your fat ass to make a quick buck. Haven't you been flammed for when you started with this scam before? Buisness going slow? The Honda buys need some wings, join there forums.

Re: Tom Motorsports? #220306
January 25, 2005 03:34 am UTC
January 25, 2005 03:34 am UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
If you followed the thread, I didn't WEASEL may way into that sale. I OFFERED use of my mailbox. I didn't want to get involved with it! The guys who actually WANTED this stuff ASKED me to look after it....

Anyways, you two clowns obviously have difficulty with english AND math, so I am not wasting any more of my time responding to your crap. Like I have said all along, those that actually BUY from me are happy. The only ones complaining are the jackasses and morons...

"Whitebird" RIP