I just had a new 6 bolt bottom end put in my '97 TSi and about a week after it was done it started leaking oil fairly drastically.

It leaks worst at RPMs over about 3500 (virtually blasts out at 6k RPM) and is a slow but steady drip even at idle after the car reaches operating temperature. Just as an example, during a 20 minute drive with some 'spirited' acceleration, the car went through about 2-1/2 liters of oil. Enough that it even coated the rear bodywork above the exaust.

From what I can tell from beneath the car, the oil is dropping from the area between the lower t-belt cover and the driver's side edge of the oil pan. I tried snugging up the oil pan bolts but it made no difference whatsoever.

The massive leak occurs within seconds of revving the car to 6000rpm, which leads me to believe that the leak is not too much higher on the engine and then leaking down.

My current theories are these;
1. Front cover gasket.
2. Front crank seal.
3. Oil filter housing ("oil pump") gasket (I swapped to a '90 ext. oil cooler setup.)

Despite the oil leak, the timing belt (and all accessory belts) is completely dry. Also, there is no oil spraying onto the alternator or any other parts visible from above the engine.

Does the dry timing belt eliminate any of my three theories?

97 Talon TSi AWD.