Originally posted by Jakub Kowalczyk:
I guess none of you guys that are so outraged have ever used any illegally copied software/music (it being ms windows or downloading music/movies through kaaza or whatever). Because that is basically the same thing...and if you have than it makes you a hypocrite.

I am not trying to condone what's being done, but let's get real here, it happens everywhere all the time and noone gives a ****.
We're outraged because things like this can SHUT DOWN this UBB.

[EDit: Since you brought it up: I can honestly say that I HAVE NOT, nor WILL I EVER sell pirated software. Of ANY kind. You'll find that anyone using this UBB as a means to distribute ANY form of pirated goods is met with the same responses that Michael is getting from us.]

I don't understand your logic that if it's done enough, it must be alright. If I whack enough people on the head with a big stick, is it eventually going to be "OK"? I don't think so.

Wouldn't you appreciate it if someone stopped me from whacking you on the head with a big stick? Thought so. Thomas/Dave also appreciate anyone stopping the piracy of their software, I'm sure.

Now, I'll have all kinds of time to talk about DSMs, because I won't be busy fixing mine!