Wow.. unbelievable.. I really shouldn't need to post here but I can't over look this. Maybe everyone deciding to read this post should atleast get more of the WHOLE story?

Briefly: Yes, Chris bought my car -last week. It had been in the "works" for nearly 2 weeks for the transaction to take place. Chris checked me out at Wildgoose performance and as far as I can figure here, in Club DSM. I gather what was said was ok, the choice was made. It was sold "AS-IS" as any used car is, and to the best of my knowledge, mechanical abilities and care for the car, it was in excellent shape leaving. You did engage me in an interesting discussion prevously tho, about warrantying it, safetying it, e-test, etc... there were options, but nothing including any kind of warranty -do you know anyone except a dealership that would do that? Any of you who know me and know what was my car, know how I took care of it.

I did not sell you a beat up car Chris.. I expressed that to you during our last phone call. You test drove it, it was fine, your friend went for a drive, it was fine. After that first meet, it was in my garage until you came, picked it up and drove it away from here - perfectly fine.

Remember your comments about how different it was to drive than your other cars, and how much you had to learn about it? I suggested coming here reading, learning, understanding the car, to prevent bad things from potentially occuring. I understood your fears of owning a turbo'd car -I was there once too. I extended myself, offering to help with any questions you may have had after I sold it to you. I discussed with you about the different things with the car, the gauges, the gas requirements, the mods, the engine work.. Your call to me A WEEK after buying it, questioning why the "shift light" was on solid, was my first concern...(it was mentioned what that LED light was) which followed with your descriptions of what was now happening with the car. I WAS concerned -that is why I gave you some of my time and looked it over for you. Did I need to? No, I did it because I was trying to help -THAT IS the kind of guy I am (not the kind you are trying to incite). There is nothing wrong with the lifters, they have just over 4000km on them, they were new when the motor was built up. These cars are prone to "tick" on start up, read more about it here in the site. Unfortunately, yes, it was found that the intake impeller was missing part of a fin -something ingested? I can't say. AND.. there was NO bearing play in the turbo (when it was at my house that night) and there was no indication that there had been, I DID check that as well, because I WAS concerned. There was nothing wrong when you left the day you bought the car..

I can't do much about the way that you feel. I would feel something too in that situation, but I can't say my actions/reactions would have been the same. I feel that I have done what I can or even what I should. You paid $6000 for the car, less that what I was asking and you still seem to expect that I warrant it for you as if it were a NEW car. Yes, it is 12 yrs old, but it only has 185K on it, with a basically new motor, new exhaust, etc, etc.. but as I mentioned above, I can't vouch for how my ex-car has been cared since you've owned it, so I don't know how I can be expected to cover costs encoured since that point. It just burns my butt that you feel I intentionally decided to "unload" MY car onto you because I had knowledge that there were serious problems (BTW-If I did that in my career, it would mean heavy fines and potentially other serious repercussions)

93 Talon Tsi AWD

my website