"...like a true professional."

smile
Uh huh. ok.

Ok, well, at this point, there is no point Marco.
You're not going to cough up the $600, and I'm certainly NOT paying you to Re&Re the head, yet again.

And for those who compared $$$ to $$$... that $600 was in addition to the re&re.
All in all, that visit to Marco's shop cost me some $6500.

And, true to the advice I try and pass on here, it was well detailed, and documented ahead of time. It still went $2k over, and the words I got on the phone when it was done were (and I quote):
"It's done, come get your f*cking car, I'm tired of it taking up space in my shop."

Now, anyone who knows Marco, can take that with a grain of salt, and laugh it off.

However, the LAST word anyone would ever use is "professional". I think other words used here like "rude", pretty well summ it up.

I still have no word from Marco on the actual size I should be seeing at the ports, even under his magically-scientific-dyno-special port job.

And, that's NOT to poke fun... but come up with the numbers Marco. I think every PRO out there will agree, that there should not be a 1/4" STEP DOWN (as in 90-degree, sharp corner step) from the intake manifold runner, into the head.

Magic special port or not, that's just wrong.
Plain wrong.
3 different tuners/shops now, with more years in this game than you, agree. (but who will not post, because they are afraid of feeling the rant of Marco)

-shrug-

Hey, when I am wrong, I'm happy to admit it.
I said, I could be wrong.
But no proof yet seems to surface that I am.
My facts seem to stand...

You guys want to talk about history?
I've got lots.

Things marco did for the car, and the long-term result (good and bad):

- 3" exhaust - sweet job, only melted front gaskets, but I fixed that.
- custom o2 housing, with ext wg mount -very pretty welds, but the whole thing dropped off the car (inferior weld, engineer certified)
- koni shocks, good.
- rear strut tower bar, good, although I had to put the covers back on
- Apexi SuperITC, install ok, but twisted together wires, wrapped in black electrical tape seemed to suffice, rather than crimps, or solder.
- magnus sheet metal intake, leaked like a sieve, had no place to mount half the stuff, and had a 1/4" plate for the TB end, whose threads were stripped. (prototype, alpha test, to be sure) he offered to fix, at my cost of re&re.
- timing belt job, done very nicely. one seal leaked badly, and after some pressure, he changed it out with no charge.
- aem rotors, very nice, but abs stopped working. was willing to look at, for $$$.
- fmic, good install, one of the first things marco did, and it's still on there
- port head, to go with magnus intake and well ported exhaust manifold, well that you know.
- install 20G, worked ok, after some adjustments, and welding on the outlet
- probably a few other minor things...
- rescued me from a dead engine fuse, all the way out in Cambridge.

The last one, was the one that got me started. That was the Marco of the good heart.
There are two or three sides to Marco, and I wish I saw more of that one from many moons ago.
Many of us do... frown

But, I'm sorry Marco, I will not just shut up, like everyone else. I will not bash words around, like the "arrogant asshole" you keep labelling me as... but I also will not roll over and just lie here silently.

I spent the last 45 mins answering emails from people who just want me to ban you for your arrogance and rudeness. I have refused, and instead suggested they list their own stories here.
I think too many people have wanted to stay your friend, rather than get a fair shake.

And before you assume you'll never get it on here... look around. Read some of the other posts in here. The IAC one comes to mind... we heard one side, and then the other, and it seems like the truth lies somewhere imbetween.

Here, all we've heard is arrogance, suggesting that you are all knowing, and all seeing... infoulable to the end. That we know nothing, and are all idiots, because we don't choose to work on cars for a living.
That, simply isn't the case.
And, you aren't the only game in town, either.

You may not like that the internet is here, and I am posting this. But, you've got some business from here, I am sure... so...

'he who lives by the sword...'

Andrew Bienhaus
Bring on the Cobras... she's hungry for snakemeat.