Just to put in my little tire experience. Someone mentioned the SP8000's. I would not buy those tires for a daily driver and autoX events. You will kill them in one season, IMHO. I had a set on my car and they lasted just over 20K. They were a blast to drive but the wear was just too high.

I now have a set of SP9000 and they aren't as grippy in the dry as the 8k's but they have a treadwear of 300 and they are excellent in the wet and not as noisy. I have around 16K on them now and they have no noticable wear. I think I'll get ~40K out of them before they need replacing.

I'm pretty aggressive in my daily driving, you know how it is, you drive the same route to work, you have to try take those ramps and corners quicker everyday... ;^)

I think the best route to take is another set of wheels for the lapping and use a performance all season for daily driving. I run winters since I do a fair bit of up-north driving.

P.S I put on the SP8000's early in the spring and happened to catch the last bit of snow the other year, NO traction, even with AWD. So you need to decide between All-Season and summers first before picking a tire...