To ressurect an old thread, I have the Ground Controls on my car now. 380 front, 325 rear, with KYB AGX shocks. These are all used parts so there is no break-in to worry about. The car has been lowered about 1".

Overall I'm quite happy with this setup. I find it fairly stiff but quite bearable, unless I'm tired. I'm sure my girlfriend thinks the car is less comfortable than before, although I don't think she knows why. smile

Initially I had the AGXs set to 2 in front and 4 in rear. This gave nice handling and made the car much more neutral than it was before, but the rear was too hard for comfort. Turning it down to 2/3 pretty much fixed that. Knob adjustment on the back is a really nice thing to have.

Even 2 front, 3 rear seemed kind of hard to me for the first couple of days. Then I hopped on my CBR600 for a day, and went back to the car the day after. Nothing like riding on a sportbike to make your "uncomfortably hard" car suspension feel nice and smooth. :-) It's something of an illusion but it just goes to show everything is relative when it comes to suspension comfort.

So far I'm happy with the ride. It reminds me of the 5-series I got a ride in last year - sporty stiff, but not uncomfortable (for the most part). The 5-series has better seats than the Talon, though. I may try 1 front 2 rear for general travelling if I can't get used to the current settings.

The handling is quite good - not as good as with the rears set stiffer, but much better than before. Understeer has been reduced but not eliminated. If I were to race the car I'd try 2/4 or 3/5 settings. I can't imagine what 8/8 would be like.

When you do this you'll hear lots of rattles and squeaks from your car. You'll just have to live with them.

In retrospect I wish I'd been able to get the Tein (sp?) setup with the cockpit adjustable settings. There have already been times when I wished I could turn the suspension down (or up) depending on how I feel and how spirited I want to drive the car.

Anyway, hope someone else finds this useful.

S.
I know everything.
1000q.dsm.org