When I registered for this forum, I was the proud owner of a 1G TSi AWD. As I make this post, it's parked, awaiting a new 4G63.
It started Saturday morning, I picked up the car, and I was off to pickup my gf for lunch. On the way I ran into an Integra with altezzas that was weaving through traffic, and... nature ran its course laugh After this, I discovered what heat soak feels like, so I cranked my heating to max, and opened my windows. All was good, I went out with my gf, and we had a great lunch. I got home, and after some time, my friends and I got a craving for some burritos from Burrito Boyz downtown. Hop in the Talon and off we go. I pick up one of them, and they say they want to try it out. No harm in that, I tell him that he's only going to get a few good pulls before it heat soaks, so to make it count. The car pulls like a dream, and everything is good. At this point, my gas gauge is low, and I decide 94 octane is a better choice than the 91 currently in it (I couldn't find 94 earlier in the day), because that's what the previous owner told me it was tuned for. I fill up with 94 and off we go! I'm staying out of boost and buzzing along the 401, when I notice the car infront of me is doing like 90, and the car beside me is pretty much matching my speed, so I'm going to get locked in. That wasn't going to work, so I plant my foot, the turbo spools, and we're off! I blow by both cars as if they're standing still and then all of a sudden, I lose power and I see black smoke streaking out the back of my car. I pull to the side of the highway and pop my hood to inspect the damage. There's nothing visible, and we're almost downtown, so I close it back up and decide to just continue on my burrito run, but stay out of boost. This was a very bad decision. When I get downtown and turn off the car, I can't seem to turn it back on, it keeps stalling. I give it some gas to keep it "awake" and we're off to home. On the highway, I don't even notice my oil gauge getting lower and lower, and then the CEL came on. I shat bricks at this point, but limped it home at 60, and staying out of boost. In the morning, I topped off the oil, and bought a 4L jug of oil and I was off to my friend's place who is a nissan master tech and has a turbo car of his own. On the way, my oil gets low again, so I pull to the side of the road and top it off. This happens again, and by the time I get to his house, I've used a full 4L of oil. He looks at the car, concludes my turbo is gone, but says he needs me to take it to his friend's shop so he can get it on a hoist and really look at it. I buy another 4L jug of oil, and set off for his friend's shop. I run low again and top it off, but after a little while, my engine starts to make noises and I realize that just topping off the oil all the time wasn't cutting it, and I definitely should not have been driving the car in that state. I pull to the side of the road for the last time. The car will not turn over anymore at this point. I call for a tow while smoke is starting to enter my interior. I open my windows and sit there freezing, listening to the radio and waiting for the tow. At some point the radio stops working. I see two DSMs drive by, and I'm cursing my fate at this point... Why is mine the broken one? Why am I the one at the side of the road?

The car is parked now, and I'll be getting a new engine soon, but I want to know... Why did I blow the turbo? Would an oil pressure gauge have told me that there's something wrong? How can I know in the future that something is wrong, and to back off? I know very well why the motor is gone, but how do I prevent the turbo from blowing again?

This is what the car had/has:
JDM 6-bolt engine
ARP headstuds
OEM headgasket
Braided SS oil lines for the turbo
2G MAF
450CC injectors
Walbro 190lph pump
Boost controller, running 17 psi
ACT 2100 clutch
3" turboback exhaust
VDO Boost gauge
Weird short gear tranny that puts me at 4500rpm when I'm only doing 120km/h

I was thinking of getting a front mount with all SS piping, silicone couplers and T-bolt clamps, an oil pressure gauge, and turning the boost down until I get an SAFC and can tune the car properly. Any input would be greatly appreciated, because quite frankly, I don't want to be swapping another motor anytime soon.

93 Talon TSi AWD / 05 G35C 6MT