A couple weeks back I unwrapped my dash harness of all the electrical tape on it, thinking back I'm sort of regretting it but at the same time it's allowing me to repair somethings. When it comes time to put it back into the dash I'm gonna wrap it with some braided sleeving from Cableorganizer.com.
First is where I had the Pro Sport gauges wired up, they were tapped into my hazard and rear defogger switches, this was a really half ass way of wiring gauges imo. I've now got the fuse boxes to run my gauges and other stuff so I cut the Pro Sport harness out, cut the wire, stripped it, put some heat shrink over, twisted the wires together, soldered them and then shrunk the heat shrink with my heat gun.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Both plugs all cleaned up.
[Linked Image]

I also took the time to start wiring the S2000 cluster connectors into the DSM dash harness. I'll be doing away with the OEM connectors so I can clean things up, all unneeded wires will be terminated to prevent any problems and also make it easier if I want to go back to the DSM cluster. All the connections are soldered and heat shrunk, so far I've done all the various warning lights (CEL, E-brake, Oil Light, Battery Light, turn signals, etc). Anything connected to power or ground will be done next week, this also includes some warning lights like the SRS and ABS which need power or ground signals to be turned off. I've also depinned some unneeded wires that serve no function outside of the S2000 chassis, just to clean things up.
Since the Talon doesn't have a trunk open light and the S2000 does, I'm going to be adding a pin in the hatch so I will have one.
[Linked Image]
You can see my helper is hard at work lol

I'm thinking about depinning the Cruise control and Fog Light plugs from the harness since I have neither of them anymore then I can just slap in the block off plates and be done with it.

96 Talon TSI AWD - The Gold Digger/Never Ending Build