Well lets start off with how this all happened, back in the early 90's one of my fathers friends who was an Audi owner bought his first Talon. He came out to show ff his new toy and just so happened that my bf and I were there to go for a ride. We were skate board punks that really didnt care what so ever for cars other than the lambo posters in the lockers and so on. Well a 6grand launch in first gear quickly changed all of that, heads pinned back so hard we couldn't even speak...
this was my intro to fast cars and well both my friend and i have gone on to continue our passions with cars.
I am a VW car guy and always will be as i love ze german approach to cars and have built custom VW's and still currently own a 1992 Jetta TDi with 300 ft lbs of Torque which is a blast to cruise around getting 1000kms per $50 of diesel.
Just happened to be browsing a local for sale site and i come across a 91 TALON TSI the same car that started it all back in 91. This car is unmolested and dealer maintained since day one. My friend is the gm at the dealership and I got the chance to talk to the mechanic that has worked on this car for the last 20 years and lets just say he was shocked that one it was for sale and two that the price was where it was. This guy has not had a squeak that was left unchecked. Every proper fix has been done and there is a new turbo within the last 5 years and the best part in Canada is that it has been rust checked since day one.
Well now I am starting my process of learning how to make things faster with the reliability staying in check.
So on with the learning