Originally Posted by Lucian Marta
That is really wierd Salomon... I took my car out of storage about a week ago and I've been DD'ing it since as well. I've been datalogging it a lot lately (trying to tune it) so I have logs of WOT pulls, cruise, idle, etc and I've only seen it jump to 196 or so a couple of times. It hangs in the 180's on average, but has fluctuated between say 180-195 depending on the driving.

Here is the intercooler I'm using on the car:

[Linked Image]

Also regarding the burping... You're letting it burp out until there is no more bubbles right? I usually let mine burp for 20-30 minutes, until nothing comes out anymore.

I have the VRSF kit (haven't bothered putting the bumper support back in and am running short route piping) but my FMIC setup is definitely no more restrictive than your's. I did not let her burp nearly that long but will do so tonight after work in hopes of catching any last air pockets that may be in the system.

The thing is, if I'm just driving her around town with no boost at all she'll stay around/in the mid-high 160's (due to 165F thermostat and cold weather), but as soon as there is ANY boost, the temps SKYROCKET. (In the summer, though, she just runs hot as hell no matter what.) Perhaps this fact will help point to the cause?

Michael, no leaks to be seen/found and no traces of any leaks of any sort. If it's leaking, it's such a tiny amount that it would be measured in hours per drop tongue As for the rad, it's brand new...have not seen any signs of a rad blockage with it so I doubt it's that. :S

Last edited by Salomon Ponte; March 28, 2012 05:18 pm UTC.

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph