Here is my BIGGEST issue with Mitsubishi. The timing chain on the 2008-2010 Evos have been known to fail prematurely. According to the service manual there is no maintence for the chain so in theory it should last forever. I know the timing belt needs to be changed at say 100k.

The timing chains have been failing on cars with as little as 20k miles. They have been stretching out. Mitsu will not admit that this is an issue nor will they do a recall for them. So what did they do? They revised the chain in 2011 and proceeded to give it the same part number as the original. So they basically swept it under the rug with no revision number.

[Linked Image]

Here is a pic of the original chain on the top along with the revised triple linked on the bottom. I wonder why they beefed it up.....

Well i took pics of the original chain that was on my car. I told them i want a pic of the new chain before installing it. I also informed them i do not want the same one that is there as it only lasted for 85k. I want the updated chain that as far as i can tell is yet to fail.

SO how can they release a revised chain without admitting that the original one was failing premature??

99 Eclipse GST RIP
08 Evolution GSR 440HP/410TQ
11.96 @ 116 MPH(more to come)