I've been slowly working on this and over the past few weeks I've been kicking myself in the ass to get it finished so I can get the car started and running.

Before doing anymore work though I needed to address a couple things in the work shop.
My work bench top was made from two pieces of tongue and groove plywood, while this worked I was always loosing things in the gap plus it had seen better days.
[Linked Image]

I replaced it with a single piece of 1/2" thick plywood that I clear coated to seal it.
[Linked Image]

I put some hooks up to have some where to hang my harnesses up. I'm sick of the frigging things getting tangled up because I was throwing them into boxes.
[Linked Image]

I also invested in some peg board to organize things a bit better. I still really really need (plus want) a nice tool box but this will do for now.
[Linked Image]

I tackled getting the Q45 TB ready for the car. I'm keeping all idle controls, FIAV and ISC, so thanks to Paul Volk's write up, I grabbed a Nissan EGR valve from eBay and have a remote mount ISC now.
[Linked Image]

I wanted to change the factory coolant hose bungs on it to 3/8" like the DSM uses. So I pulled/drilled the old fittings out. I did the same for the vacuum ports, except these are plugged with set screws.
Old nipples out.
[Linked Image]

Drilled out.
[Linked Image]

I broke a drill bit off in the TB, I sh!t bricks over this but was able to get the broken pieces out.
[Linked Image]

New hose barbs in and the plug in the vacuum port (lock tite to seal it).
[Linked Image]

I also filled the unused connector on the TB with silicone. I didn't want the unused plug sitting there and I didn't want the connector off exposing the terminals to the elements.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Anthony Hiscock; May 20, 2013 05:08 am UTC.

96 Talon TSI AWD - The Gold Digger/Never Ending Build