Good evening ladies and gentle men !! lol

I'm 99% sure my valve seals are gone after doing research. I have all the symptoms:

I'm blowing a bit of white/blue smoke when I move from a stop or when I idle for more than 5 minutes. The smoke is from burning oil. When I drive I do NOT see any smoke behind me while cruising or under boost, however if I push it to past 4.5K smoke does appear. When I do my oil change I can see the engine is burning a bit of oil. I have no temperature issues or shaft play in the T-25

Furthermore, I've done a boost leak test and found a leak in one of my injector seals. I'm assuming it was the injector seal since I could feel the air coming out from underneath. I did a compression test and the results were 178,175,150,170 across the pistons. The leaking injector seal is in the same piston with low compression

My questions are: could the bad injector seal be the reason for the low compression in the one piston...?

Is there a sure way test of knowing if my valve seals are toast?(Without actually removing them... just yet) Every test I found online just makes me look for the symptoms I already exhibit frown

I've read online that a leak down test would confirm exactly where I'm losing compression, has anyone ever done this test? or does anyone have the specific gauge to preform?

Has anyone ever replaced their valve seals using the "string" method? Or using the the special tool to keep them open?

The only other possibility I can think of would be worn piston rings... however wouldn't the engine would display low compression across the pistons? Also, I'd be able to feel the loss of power, which I don't

Let me know what you guys think smile

DD '98 Eagle Talon TSi?
I LOVE my T-25

Photo Hunt points : 9

R.I.P '94 Eagle Talon ESi