Originally Posted by Deep Mann
Originally Posted by Reza Mirza

Either you have wiring issues in your car, or your rebuilder is not replacing the regulator in your alernator. That is the common issue with these rebuilds. Ever wonder why your OEM one that came with the car lasted the longest? I use OEM rebuilds with the regulators replaced in them. That is probably why I don't have issues.

Bang on. A lot of these rebuilders in this business are a joke.

Thanks for the input Deep. As you guys run a shop you would know this first hand. This alternator myth is busted! As with most things with DSM's, people just like to follow the bandwagon wink

I would however say that if you don't have a good source for rebuilt OEM alternators, then you might as well go for a Saturn one and grind down your front case or block and do whatever it takes to run it!

My rebuilder can even make the OEM alternators pump out 120 AMPS as opposed to the 90. My buddies and I were running 120 AMP OEM alternators back in early 2000 with no issues at all. The only reason we ran these was because we would roll around with 2x12's and big amps in our DSM's pounding the streets of T.O. smile

OEM alternators 4eva tongue

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com