July 23, 2001 11:22 pm UTC
July 23, 2001 11:22 pm UTC
Virginia, USA
G
Gary Singletary Offline OP
Gary Singletary  Offline OP
G
Virginia, USA
Man what is it with the idle problems with these cars? Ok I'll start from the beginning.....

Finally got around to getting another throttle body to try and fix my screaming 2500 rpm cold starts. Didn't have any problems with surge, only the cold start problem.

After swapping my old isc out into the new throttle body I now have have mild surge at times but also an unusual problem (it did fix my cold start problem though). After grounding and setting the idle correctly the isc seems to want to bump the idle up about 200 rpms each time after driving. If I keep adjusting it down each time eventually the screw will bottom out.

I figured I must be getting too much air from somewhere else causing it. Just to check to see if it would make any difference, I grounded the connectors and the idle immediately dropped back to normal. So I'm assuming that tells me the isc or the ecu is responsible for bumping up the idle after every drive.

With my old throttle body I didn't have this problem, why this one?

Note: the tps was also changed during this, but I don't think that has any effect on the idle.

Any suggestions?

------------------
91 Talon TSI FWD

91 Talon TSI FWD
Re: Idle issue #94667
July 24, 2001 02:19 pm UTC
July 24, 2001 02:19 pm UTC
Halifax, NS
Troy Jollimore Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Troy Jollimore  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands