Ottawa, Canada
S
Sean Vincent Offline OP
Sean Vincent  Offline OP
S
Ottawa, Canada
Hey guys,

I have a 1997 talon esi (420a).

For months ive been driving it alright and ive had a couple of hard times getting it into second or sometimes into 3rd and ill admit, i have dropped the clutch a couple of times.

Yesturday i went to go for a spin and first off, my clutch pedal felt extremely strange. I couldnt get it into any gear with the clutch to the floor. And now if i sit there for a while trying, if i put it into neutral, then take my foot off the clutch, clutch again and try to shift SOMETIMES i can get it in, but now, my clutch feels like it grabs without even pulling it out.

Is this the bushings? Or do i need a new clutch?

If i need a new clutch, will it be cheaper/worth it to purchase a stage 3 clutch?

Thanks guys,
Sean.

Re: Clutch or Bushings? HELP! Car isnt drivable. #116012
June 30, 2005 04:38 pm UTC
June 30, 2005 04:38 pm UTC
Loc: Loc:
Rob Strelecki Offline

morum foderator
Rob Strelecki  Offline

morum foderator
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Loc: Loc:
Sounds more like a problem with the clutch hydraulic system.
Check the fluid level and check the master and slave cylanders for leaks.

1993 Eagle Talon TSi FWD
13.8 @ 106 :::: 14.1 @ 117
Re: Clutch or Bushings? HELP! Car isnt drivable. #116013
July 01, 2005 01:58 pm UTC
July 01, 2005 01:58 pm UTC
Edmonton, AB
J
Jason Attenborough Offline
Jason Attenborough  Offline
J
Edmonton, AB
Hey Sean, Here's what I think you should do... it'll only take a minute and will either eliminate or find your problem. Lay down on your drivers side floor with your head upby the pedals and locate the master cylinder pushrod which is located just to the left of the gas pedal and it's way up there to. Attached to the pushrod is a lever. That lever and the clutch pedal should move as one piece so with your hand on the lever push in on the clutch pedal and see if there is any play. And belive me... it doesn't take all that much. If there is then you in for a fun job removing the little bastard and replacing the plastic bushings with metal ones so you can weld the lever to the shaft.The Linkage is slightly different on the turbo and non turbo models... the turbo model actually has a spring that helps to pull the clutch pedal down so it compensates for the extra clutch pressure plate spring stiffness a little so you don't have to press quite as hard. It's a common problem with the DSM's and I just did mine last weekend... works great now though smile Hope that helps ya. I was going to add a pic of mine but don't know how to. lol
J