January 11, 2007 08:38 pm UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Trenton, On, Canada.
Originally posted by Waldo Calderon:
I'm not responsible for his saftey and well being.
Yup, it's a crazy world out there and just like with mother nature; only the strong survive.

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!
Re: Hella Road Rage #140032
January 11, 2007 09:37 pm UTC
January 11, 2007 09:37 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Agreed...there is NO reason to tailgate someone in the middle lane, ESPECIALLY if the left lane is open. If someone did THAT to me..well, last time I jammed on my brakes for about a tenth of a second, just enough to get a little chirp from the tires....and the guy backed WAY off.....that was about 25 years ago, and I am pretty sure that he never got that stain out of the seat..

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Hella Road Rage #140033
January 11, 2007 09:48 pm UTC
January 11, 2007 09:48 pm UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Trenton, On, Canada.
Or you turn on your windsheild washer.

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!
Re: Hella Road Rage #140034
January 12, 2007 01:46 pm UTC
January 12, 2007 01:46 pm UTC
Halifax, NS
Troy Jollimore Offline
Troy Jollimore  Offline
Halifax, NS
Ahh, but Ziggy, I'm starting to see more into Sean's situation now. It's a case of trying to enforce your 'slower traffic keep right' rule. It sounds like he was waiting for Sean (the slower car) to pull to the right like he's supposed to.

I used to do this sometimes as well (although I didn't tailgate, I flashed my brights), but when I saw someone in a left lane on an open highway, I'd stay behind them and 'remind' them they're supposed to be in the far right lane in that case. That's the discipline. Even if you're doing 200kph, if it's an open highway, keep to the right.

I could go into a rant about the reasons, righteous and/or stupid about left-lane hogging, but it's been done before. I think the two most ridiculous people I ever saw on an open highway wouldn't pull over, so I passed one on the right. Pulled left, and slowed them down gradually until we were almost stopped (no other traffic). Then I gave up. (This was a 'librarian'-looking woman who you know couldn't think for herself when driving.) The other, when I slowed in front of them, would then pass ME on the right, and pull right back into the left lane (this was WITH traffic). Even with more cars backing up behind them, they just wouldn't take the hint.

Now roads like the one Nigel mentioned, and certain parts of highways, are exempt from this rule. That's where you want to be in the lane that permits easiest access to where you want to go before you have to change over. Like a left exit off a highway, highway splits in two, etc... A lot of people can't make this distinction.

But like I mentioned earlier, after having driven in SoCal, where lane discipline is non-existent (motorcycles, both civilian AND police) drive on the lines to go between cars) and seems to be more based on how long you plan to be on the highway, I can see how they can make that system work if EVERYONE does the same thing.

Just like those videos of traffic in India and the Far East. Unfortunately, when something DOES go wrong, it goes VERY wrong.

Re: Hella Road Rage #140035
January 12, 2007 02:22 pm UTC
January 12, 2007 02:22 pm UTC
Onurmomstitties
Mike Jackson Offline
Mike Jackson  Offline
Onurmomstitties
I am a strong beleiver in the slower traffic keep right rule. However, if you are in the middle lane and the left lane is open that's just fine. If it's a 3 lane highway the middle lane is acceptable because if there are a lot of on/off ramps the far right lane the merging traffic can be a pain for normal drivers and mentally challenging enough for the driving impaired to be dangerous.

There is no reason to tailgate someone in the middle lane if you have the lane on the left to pass.

If you are cruising in the fast lane while the other 2 lanes are open and you are not passing anyone it should be legal for anyone to run you right off the road wink

1998 AWD 12.1@122 421whp -SOLD
Duck Dodgers = EPIC FAILZ!
Re: Hella Road Rage #140036
January 12, 2007 06:44 pm UTC
January 12, 2007 06:44 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I like Mike's idea..run them off the road...LOL
I just pass to the right, because I have come to realize there is no point trying to educate these morons....they are too stupid to be on the roads, but our government allows it anyways....more income, I guess...
In some areas motorcycles are ALLOWED to ride the line between the lanes,..motorcyclists here have been lobbying for it for a long time, but I don't believe it will (or should) happen in Ontario.

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Hella Road Rage #140037
January 12, 2007 09:41 pm UTC
January 12, 2007 09:41 pm UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Trenton, On, Canada.
It is actually legal to pass a vehicle using the/a right lane but illigal to overtake by using the right lane.

Their is a slight difference between pass and overtake but anybody that has good driving habits will never have any problem with this one. wink

Now lets see who chimes up???

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!
Re: Hella Road Rage #140038
January 12, 2007 11:38 pm UTC
January 12, 2007 11:38 pm UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Christopher Hicks Offline
Newbie on Probation
Christopher Hicks  Offline
Newbie on Probation
Brampton, Ontario
Hey Nigel i can get you a valve stem tool so you pull out his valve stems. That will really piss him off, pull all four, he'll have to go buy new stems lololol. i also have a really big knife that goes through tires like butter its been tested. But makes a very very loud noise after u pull the knife out.

92 eagle Talon AWD Turbo
Re: Hella Road Rage #140039
January 12, 2007 11:42 pm UTC
January 12, 2007 11:42 pm UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Trenton, On, Canada.
So now we know who flatens tires in the Acton area.

Pass the word around.

Hope you enjoy.

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!
Re: Hella Road Rage #140040
January 13, 2007 12:06 am UTC
January 13, 2007 12:06 am UTC
Scarborough
Sean Raymer Offline
Sean Raymer  Offline
Scarborough
Originally posted by Troy Jollimore:
Ahh, but Ziggy, I'm starting to see more into Sean's situation now. It's a case of trying to enforce your 'slower traffic keep right' rule. It sounds like he was waiting for Sean (the slower car) to pull to the right like he's supposed to.
Perhaps you didn't read the part where I mentioned I was in the middle lane of an OPEN hwy, thus meaning both the right lane and left lane of me were wide open for passing. :rolleyes:

Sean
95 Dodge Avenger 420A 5spd -WHAT MODS OFFICER? IT's A DODGE-
PICS & MOD LIST

www.SpoolnU.com -ALPHA. SIGMA. BOOST.-
Page 2 of 2 1 2