August 30, 2002 09:43 pm UTC
August 30, 2002 09:43 pm UTC
Onurmomstitties
Mike Jackson Offline OP
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Mike Jackson  Offline OP
Onurmomstitties
He had a fuel pump bracket I needed but I didn't trust his rep around here. So he agreed to send it in advance and let me pay him after I got it since my rep is clean. He asked only that I put in a good word if all goes well.

Well he said he shipped it out regular mail. 2 weeks go by and I don't see it. He says the post office mailed it back to him due to wrong address.

Too late I needed one bad now so I found another. But then I got worried I might brake the one off the Talon too so I emailed Lee to arrange him to ship it out to me anyway so I could have a spare ready. He agreed to ship it Xpress post 1 day or 3 day what ever he could get from out west. I also restated my address.

That was last Tuesday he told me it went out. That would have it to me by a week ago today or this last Monday at the latest. It's Friday now and I still have nothing.

Perhaps it's postal problems but I'll let you guys decide on your own.

I no longer need the part at all anyway so I've not been burned in this other then the first 2 weeks of waiting.

1998 AWD 12.1@122 421whp -SOLD
Duck Dodgers = EPIC FAILZ!
Re: Lee Richmond #148421
August 30, 2002 10:12 pm UTC
August 30, 2002 10:12 pm UTC
Vancouver
J
Jeff Armstrong Offline
Jeff Armstrong  Offline
J
Vancouver
Be careful with Lee Richmond. I've had to ban him from the forum over at bc.dsm.org A few months ago he tried creating a number of group buys for 16g turbos and manual boost controllers. He said he had 10 16gs and 25 mbc and demanded to get the money right away from whom ever was interested. Here's a sample of his deals. http://pub59.ezboard.com/fbcdsmfrm2.showMessage?topicID=48.topic After numerous second chances, he had to go. I wouldn't buy anything from this guy. He probably doesn't have half the stuff he says he does anyway.

Just my opinion from experience.
Jeff.

Re: Lee Richmond #148422
September 10, 2002 12:29 am UTC
September 10, 2002 12:29 am UTC
kelowna
L
Lee RIchmond Offline
Serious Member
Lee RIchmond  Offline
Serious Member
L
kelowna
I hadnt got paid I was going to ship the part and he would pay me later. I never sent the item I figured he end up not paying so I dont see how this makes me a bad seller?

Re: Lee Richmond #148423
September 10, 2002 01:34 am UTC
September 10, 2002 01:34 am UTC
Niagara Falls Ontario
Vince Amato Offline
Vince Amato  Offline
Niagara Falls Ontario
Originally posted by Jeff Armstrong:
Be careful with Lee Richmond. I've had to ban him from the forum over at bc.dsm.org A few months ago he tried creating a number of group buys for 16g turbos and manual boost controllers. He said he had 10 16gs and 25 mbc and demanded to get the money right away from whom ever was interested. Here's a sample of his deals. http://pub59.ezboard.com/fbcdsmfrm2.showMessage?topicID=48.topic After numerous second chances, he had to go. I wouldn't buy anything from this guy. He probably doesn't have half the stuff he says he does anyway.

Just my opinion from experience.
Jeff.
Wow, I wonder how many people got ripped off with that one.

Lee, all you had to do was ship the bracket to Mike and you are guaranteed to get the money from him. And you had a chance of him putting in a good word for you. Instead we have another bad guy Lee Richmond thread.

Mike what kind of fuel pump bracket are you talking about? I have a fuel pump assembly sitting here on the floor.

Post a pic of what you want and I will see if It's on this assembly.

91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 13.2 @ 105mph SOLD

http://1000q.dsm.org/
Re: Lee Richmond #148424
September 10, 2002 02:07 am UTC
September 10, 2002 02:07 am UTC
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
W
Wade Koehler Offline
Wade Koehler  Offline
W
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Lee,

This is obviously none of my business, and I may not entirely understand the situation (partially because of your semi-decipherable post) but I'd just like to offer you some advice, which may also be good advice to anyone else who sells things over the internet or telephone.

1. People don't like being lied to. This applies to other areas of life as well. If you say you are going to send a part, send it. If you think the guy is not going to pay you and you don't want to send the part, tell the guy you are not going to send it so he can go get one somewhere else. Lee, you compounded this problem by lying about sending the part twice. That makes people twice as pissed off at you.

2. The fact that you didn't even try to find out if Mr. Jackson was trustworthy by using this forum further aggravates the situation. If you had tried that, I'm sure that Mike would have the part, you would have your money and your reputation would have been improved for a change.

To summarize;
- Don't lie.
- Basic due diligence is not that hard to do.

That's all.

Stay tuned next week for "Look both ways before crossing the street."

97 Talon TSi AWD.
Re: Lee Richmond #148425
September 10, 2002 05:07 am UTC
September 10, 2002 05:07 am UTC
calgary alberta
B
Bill Fowlie Offline
Bill Fowlie  Offline
B
calgary alberta
wow i havent been around the dsm seen the last few months
spent the last 4 months in australia

LEE Richmond is still around
this blows my mind

Re: Lee Richmond #148426
September 10, 2002 12:41 pm UTC
September 10, 2002 12:41 pm UTC
Onurmomstitties
Mike Jackson Offline OP
Mike Jackson  Offline OP
Onurmomstitties
Thanks Vince... but I don't need anything anymore. After the first couple weeks of waiting on Lee here I figured he wouldn't come through on the arrangement and I figured out another sollution. I still would have sent him the money if I had gotten it.

As far as me not coming through with the money afterwards Lee... I'm Mr. Frickin Morality around here (just ask Bob). I was good for it.

1998 AWD 12.1@122 421whp -SOLD
Duck Dodgers = EPIC FAILZ!
Re: Lee Richmond #148427
September 11, 2002 02:10 am UTC
September 11, 2002 02:10 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta agree with MJ. We have our differences,and I'm good at pulling his chain,but,, if MJ ever needed a part from me, I'd send it in a heartbeat. laugh