st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
mad im posting this because i want to warn everyone about this guy so no one else gets ripped off. I posted in the wanted to buy section for 850cc injectors. Acouple days later i got an email from this guy saying he has them. We ended up making a deal and i sent him the money through pay pal, he then said he would ship them buy the end of the week which was nov 3. I emailed him 3 times since then asking for tracking number. He hasnt replyed to any of my emails and im sure it wouldnt take 24 days to get here. This is the guys email address ivey_anita@yahoo.com.. He claims he lives in Thomasville, Georgia.. thats all the info i got from him, i realize this is my fault to because i should have been more cautious but its done now, just thought id post this so he doesnt rip anyone else off. Also i dont know if this guy is from the dsm board or if he was just browsing. But if anyone know who this guy is i would appreciate knowing who thanks.

1997 TSI FWD AUTO... SOLD
1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
New car 2007 Lexus IS 350 laugh
Re: Ripped off #153334
November 27, 2006 11:15 pm UTC
November 27, 2006 11:15 pm UTC
Colborne
Adam Grenon Offline
Insane Member
Adam Grenon  Offline
Insane Member
Colborne
For one this belongs in the Bad Guy/ Good guy forum.

Two, why would you ever buy such an item off of someone so far away, have no idea who they are etc, always buy from a reputable member or someone who has been around for a long time, search the gg/bg threads for that person to see if they have had dealings with other people etc.

2012 - Lancer Ralliart Octane Blue
1991 - Talon Tsi AWD FP HTA 71
1992 - Talon Tsi AWD on hold
Re: Ripped off #153335
November 27, 2006 11:42 pm UTC
November 27, 2006 11:42 pm UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
the reason i put it here is because im pretty sure the person isnt from this board. but mods feel free to move if you think it should be in the other spot

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153336
November 28, 2006 01:46 pm UTC
November 28, 2006 01:46 pm UTC
Halifax, NS
Troy Jollimore Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Troy Jollimore  Offline
Halifax, NS
It shouldn't... This obviously isn't a 'member'.

Sorry for your loss, Ryan, but you waltzed right into this. A Yahoo Email address from out of country is a warning, especially if they come to YOU instead of you going to them. And being out of country, you can place a mail fraud complaint with the RCMP (and maybe the US authorities) but I doubt there's much they can do.

You can search on the name/address as much as you can, and possibly try contacting the DSM chapter local to Georgia, and see what comes up.

Sucks to lose money (especially with a DSM) but it REALLY sucks to lose THAT much... frown

Re: Ripped off #153337
November 28, 2006 02:59 pm UTC
November 28, 2006 02:59 pm UTC
Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
M
Michael Zeppieri Offline
Serious Member
Michael Zeppieri  Offline
Serious Member
M
I got the same type of message from this guy a while back for a MAFT. I stayed the hell away from what looked like a smoking hot deal. This is why I think these boards, especially the trader section, should be locked down to proven members only. Here are the emails from oldest to newest:

My paypal address is ivey_anita@yahoo.com. My name is Kevin Johnson.

<Michael Zeppieri> wrote:
I have PayPal. Before I send any money, I'd like to know who I'm sending it to (your name)?

----- Original Message ----
To: Vector Enterprises <mzeppieri@rogers.com>
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 9:33:46 AM
Subject: Re: Maf Translator

It was club dsm canada. I'm in Thomasville, Ga. Do you have paypal?

<Michael Zeppieri> wrote:
I'd like to take it. What board did you see my message on? Are you in Toronto?

Let me know.

Michael

----- Original Message ----
To: mzeppieri@rogers.com
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 9:31:08 PM
Subject: Maf Translator

I have a used MAF Translator for sale. It is in good working condition. Going Stand-alone soon. Asking $125 shipped. I am paypal verified.

2004 BMW M3 SMG Convertible
Re: Ripped off #153338
November 28, 2006 03:56 pm UTC
November 28, 2006 03:56 pm UTC
Toronto
S
Sean McNair Offline
Sean McNair  Offline
S
Toronto
Paypal has fraud protection but Paypal also has one of the worst customer service records out there and probably won't do anything.

If the money was taken from your credit card by Paypal, check with your credit card company. They are a lot more willing to help.

For example, when I had my bike stolen, I found out that I have damage and theft insurance on everything I buy with my card for 90 days. (of course my bike had been purchased about 91 days before)

2003 G35 coupe http://www.uomeds09.com/DSM/Uploader/files/10/g35.JPG
SOLD: 90/93 tsi/gsx mix w/20G, 264, Supra SMIC,cyclone, 650's, SS IP, 3" exhaust,ACT2600/Fidanza, Injen, 2G MAF, AFC/AVCR,.. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/702744
Re: Ripped off #153339
November 28, 2006 05:50 pm UTC
November 28, 2006 05:50 pm UTC
Nova Scotia
T
Troy Bennett Offline
Serious Member
Troy Bennett  Offline
Serious Member
T
Nova Scotia
I posted here looking for a 2G tranny FWD turbo a few months back.
I got a email to my hotmail Account from someone in the states saying he had one.
We talked a few times back and forth and made a deal.
And since I dident really want to buy from the states he made it a good deal.
So finally I asked for a pic.
He sent me a pic of a 1G AWD tranny.
I told the guy that it looked like a 1G tranny cause it had no place for mounts and such. (kinda hard to tell from the convenient angel the pic was taken from) He assured me it was a 2G GST tranny. So I asked for additional pics.
He then sent me pics of a completly different tranny. This time a 2G GST tranny.
By this time it was too fishy for my likeings. And the deal was just too good to be true.
So I backed out. Not worth it from so far away. What would I do if I got ripped????

Everythings new. Updates will be soon.
Re: Ripped off #153340
November 28, 2006 06:45 pm UTC
November 28, 2006 06:45 pm UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
ive contacted the credit card company and they told me to call back the 1st because you have to wait 30days. I might get half the back from them. I also put a complaint in on paypal but i doubt theyll doing anything about it. I agree i think their should be a member only vewing on the wanted to sell and buy ads. I Am also a memeber of dsm tuners their classified site you can look at whats being sold but as soon as you go to click on it to view it wont allow it unless you sign in. You also have to sign in with a registered email aka your paying for it. That solves the problem of people just siging up for that time. They also have a buyer seller rating like ebay.

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153341
November 28, 2006 07:08 pm UTC
November 28, 2006 07:08 pm UTC
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Mark Magnoli Offline
Serious Member
Mark Magnoli  Offline
Serious Member
Markham, Ontario, Canada
A few years ago I too got ripped off on a Greddy FMIC. Some guy from dsmtuners (out of NY area) posted brand new Greddy FMIC. I jumped all over it. He sent me pictures, eBay references, blah blah blah, everything lined up. I paid him via paypal and he shipped out a package. He gave me a tracking number and everything. A few days later a package arrived at the post office. The clerk came out with this box that was a little small in size to be a FMIC but I signed for it anyway. Opened up the box and inside was a whole bunch of used exhaust pipe pieces. I went straight to paypal to tell them I got ripped off. They told me since I did receive something and signed for it they can't do anything. It's like buying a blue sweater online and you get a red one &#8211; you got something, just not what you wanted. According to paypal, it's not like I didn't get anything, I just didn't get what was advertised. They told me to call VISA. VISA told me to document everything, package up what I received and send it back to the shipper via a reputable (trackable) shipping service. Lucky this dumb ass left his return address on the paperwork. Also lucky for him me and a few buddies didn't take the 3hr road trip to pay him a visit. I sent the goods back via FedEx with a letter stating I would like a full refund. VISA said wait 30 days from when the package was signed for and if I don't get a refund or he doesn't send the proper item they'll do a charge back. Long story short, after two months I did get my money back but what a pain in the ass.

Coles Notes Version:
Paypal will help you if you did not get anything. i.e. if you send money and buddy sends nothing you, they should be able to help. The shipper needs to prove that he did indeed send you something and prove it was signed for by someone. In your case looks like he sent nothing, nor can he prove he did. You might be in luck.

Visa will help you if you do get something but it's not what was advertised.

I'm sure you know this already, but if the deal's too good to be true &#8211; it is. I've learned. I only now deal with online stores or eBay auctions. Even if I see something on dsmtuners, etc &#8230; I'll ask the guy to post it on eBay &#8211; if he really wants to sell it and does a lot of online stuff &#8211; most cases they will. To save a few bucks isn't really worth all the headaches you might get yourself into

Mark
'97 Eclipse Spyder GSX - (12.7 @ 110 w/1.8 60')
'11 335xi Coupe
'14 X3 MSport
Re: Ripped off #153342
November 28, 2006 07:29 pm UTC
November 28, 2006 07:29 pm UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
well im hoping i can get the half that i sent through with the credit card. The thing that sucks the most is those injectors were the last part to finish up my setup this year and turn up the boost before the car went away and now im broke and no money to finish it frown . From now on i use cod unless ive delt with the person before.

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153343
November 29, 2006 02:00 pm UTC
November 29, 2006 02:00 pm UTC
Brampton, On
Mark PPG Scheitzbach Offline

Purple Boy
Mark PPG Scheitzbach  Offline

Purple Boy
Insane Member
Brampton, On
Ok, I just want to chime in from the moderators/Admin side of things.

This whole board is open to everyone to READ. You must be a member to POST. Could we make the WTS section "member's only", yes we could, but on what basis do we determine who can and can't access it? Just because you have alot of posts, doesn't mean you're honest either smile

You can't even be sure that you won't get ripped off by a registered member. Remember, you only need a valid non-free email address to sign up.

Unless we all provide a valid drivers license with registration, there is no way to be 100% safe. Unless you know the person, buyer beware!

Own a BlackBerry?
Check out www.allaboutmybb.com
Twitter @allaboutmybb

Twitter @MarkPPG
Re: Ripped off #153344
November 29, 2006 06:26 pm UTC
November 29, 2006 06:26 pm UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
it is true that anyone can rip you off personally i have delt with at least 6 people where ive perchased parts off of on this board and havent had a problem. One of the persons that i would personally recommend is Daren pekoke let me know if i spelt it wrong this guy is the best i bought my full inercooling system off of him came with upper ic lower ic cyilicon couplers hump hoses and t-bolt clamps also came with a hana race craft smic. To this day i still talk to Daren through email asking him for adivce. Also ziggy but we all know ziggy is a good guy. Yes its true anyone regular memeber can rip you off but maybe if we started this up we could block the wanted to sell and buy section so that it cannot be viewed unless logged in this will prevent non members from viewing that section. Second in the wanted to sell and wanted to buy section post what you have sold to who and what you have bought from who. I realize that some people wont want to take the time to do this, but when it comes time to sell something more people are going to be comfortable buying from you when they know people who have delt with you. I personally kept all the emails of people who i bought parts off of so i could easily say who i bought from and sold to. Again people can lie about this to but now you have a member as a reference so you can ask them yourself to see if the person is lying.

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153345
November 29, 2006 06:51 pm UTC
November 29, 2006 06:51 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
J
Jeff Mitchell Offline
Jeff Mitchell  Offline
J
Mississauga, Ontario
Ryan,

Your posts are extremely difficult to read.

If you could spend a few extra minutes to correct the spelling (stop using lower case 'i' would be a good start) and grammar and break your posts up into paragraphs that would go a long way!

A few more comments based on your post:

Originally posted by Ryan Rae:
if we started this up we could block the wanted to sell and buy section so that it cannot be viewed unless logged in this will prevent non members from viewing that section.
I asked about this and it turns out it would have to be managed manually, which on a board of 2000+ people is impossible. So we can't do this, sorry.

Second in the wanted to sell and wanted to buy section post what you have sold to who and what you have bought from who.
That is of course the purpose of the Good-Guy / Bad-Guy section that we're posting in now. If you've had a positive or negative transaction with someone, then please post about it here for all to see. smile

Re: Ripped off #153346
November 29, 2006 07:00 pm UTC
November 29, 2006 07:00 pm UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
sorry typed it really fast, was just heading out the door. Should have taken more time, this should be better. laugh

It is true that anyone can rip you off personally I have dealt with at least 6 people where I have purchased parts off of on this board and haven’t had a problem.

One of the persons that I would personally recommend is Daren pekoke let me know if I spelt it wrong, this guy is the best I bought my full inercooling system off of him came with upper ic lower ic silicon couplers hump hoses and t-bolt clamps, also came with a hana race craft smic. To this day I still talk to Daren through email asking him for advice.

Also ziggy but we all know ziggy is a good guy. Yes it’s true any regular member can rip you off but maybe if we started this up we could block the wanted to sell and buy section so that it cannot be viewed unless persons are logged in. This will prevent non members from viewing that section.

Second in the wanted to sell and wanted to buy section post what you have sold to whom and what you have bought from whom. I realize that some people won’t want to take the time to do this, but when it comes time to sell something more people are going to be comfortable buying from you when they know people who have dealt with you. I personally kept all the emails of people who I bought parts off of so I could easily say who I bought from and sold to. Again people can lie about this to but now you have a member as a reference so you can ask them yourself to see if the person is lying.

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153347
November 30, 2006 01:57 am UTC
November 30, 2006 01:57 am UTC
Kingston
P
Paul Sitarski Offline
Serious Member
Paul Sitarski  Offline
Serious Member
P
Kingston
Found this:
http://www.dsmsource.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=6291&cat=4
has the same e-mail??
might be able to trace it

TPG+Meth
Re: Ripped off #153348
November 30, 2006 04:27 am UTC
November 30, 2006 04:27 am UTC
Beamsville, Ont, Canada
Steve Kinnaird Offline

Steve Kinnaird  Offline

Beamsville, Ont, Canada
In the future, you may also want to check and make sure the person you're dealing with is a registered member of the UBB.

If they're not, but they're using the buy/sell section, that should set off a red flag or two.

If you can't find any info about them, start a thread in here asking about them. If anyone's dealt with them in the past, you'll find out.

Now, I'll have all kinds of time to talk about DSMs, because I won't be busy fixing mine!
Re: Ripped off #153349
November 30, 2006 10:01 pm UTC
November 30, 2006 10:01 pm UTC
cancun mexico(home) now in sca...
M
manuel salazar Offline
Insane Member
manuel salazar  Offline
Insane Member
M
hey ryan this mother f$%#^ lives in tallahassee florida,
check it out,
http://www.thepartstrader.com/forum...adc4db9&topic=6818.msg19838#msg19838

http://www.thepartstrader.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4ad54f0d9fb4d8a554998182badc4db9&action=profile;u=3208

-manuel

HTA35R powered, AEM EMS Managed DSM.
Muellerized....Sold*.

PT6266 powered, AEM EMS Managed NSX.
Re: Ripped off #153350
December 01, 2006 01:36 am UTC
December 01, 2006 01:36 am UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
yea i did a reverse look up and came up with this

Mays, Tregg
207 Putnam Dr

Tallahassee, FL 32301

(850) 222-9409
Apt 2071

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153351
December 01, 2006 02:07 am UTC
December 01, 2006 02:07 am UTC
scarboro raised but now oshawa...
K
KEVIN KIRELUK Offline
Insane Member
KEVIN KIRELUK  Offline
Insane Member
K
scarboro raised but now oshawa...
yea i did a reverse look up ...
Where did you do the look up? I used to use www.reversephonedirectory.com all the time, but now its no longer free.

TPG+Meth
You can't tune out mechanical problems!!!
Re: Ripped off #153352
December 01, 2006 03:11 am UTC
December 01, 2006 03:11 am UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
411.com, another member is helping by saying hes interested in a part and said he would pay in money order to the guy to get more info. That's how i got the info. All you need is a name or phone number or address.

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153353
December 01, 2006 03:54 am UTC
December 01, 2006 03:54 am UTC
Beamsville, Ont, Canada
Steve Kinnaird Offline

Steve Kinnaird  Offline

Beamsville, Ont, Canada
I'm not sure where you plan on taking this, but remember, he can read everything here. If there's anything you don't want him to know, don't post it here.

Now, I'll have all kinds of time to talk about DSMs, because I won't be busy fixing mine!
Re: Ripped off #153354
December 01, 2006 02:04 pm UTC
December 01, 2006 02:04 pm UTC
M
Michael Zeppieri Offline
Serious Member
Serious Member
M
Originally posted by Steve Kinnaird:
I'm not sure where you plan on taking this, but remember, he can read everything here. If there's anything you don't want him to know, don't post it here.
Exactly. So much for my efforts.

Re: Ripped off #153355
December 01, 2006 03:48 pm UTC
December 01, 2006 03:48 pm UTC
Halifax, NS
Troy Jollimore Offline
Troy Jollimore  Offline
Halifax, NS
But does he bother reading anything besides the WTS/WTB section?

The only place that ever ripped me off was in Florida...and it was a STORE. I refuse to go near ANYONE selling anything in Florida, and a LOT of people feel the same way.

Re: Ripped off #153356
December 01, 2006 06:38 pm UTC
December 01, 2006 06:38 pm UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
this is true but what is he going to do move?

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153357
December 02, 2006 01:37 am UTC
December 02, 2006 01:37 am UTC
Beamsville, Ont, Canada
Steve Kinnaird Offline

Steve Kinnaird  Offline

Beamsville, Ont, Canada
"But does he bother reading anything besides the WTS/WTB section?"

If he sees a thread started in the GG/BG section by someone he just ripped off? Probably.

"this is true but what is he going to do move? "

Nope, but things like this are much more effective when you have surprise on your side.

Re: Ripped off #153358
December 04, 2006 06:47 am UTC
December 04, 2006 06:47 am UTC
Oakville
Harrison Boyce Offline
Serious Member
Harrison Boyce  Offline
Serious Member
Oakville
I had someone the other day, names "dusty" tell me he wanted to by my 16g off me and he was from the states he told me we could work it out and he would send me a cheque and everything would work out fine.... after seeing this i was not goin to bother, i had already found someone local who wanted to buy it but for this unknown member to try and buy something from me, with out me sending pictures or anything was quite fishy.

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 Off-Road
Re: Ripped off #153359
December 04, 2006 02:24 pm UTC
December 04, 2006 02:24 pm UTC
M
Michael Zeppieri Offline
Serious Member
Serious Member
M
Well, the guy stopped communicating with me. He's not answering my emails. So, it's quite obvious that he's seen this thread.

Re: Ripped off #153360
December 04, 2006 03:49 pm UTC
December 04, 2006 03:49 pm UTC
M
manuel salazar Offline
Insane Member
manuel salazar  Offline
Insane Member
M
that was very smart of US!!

anyways, if you reding this you little RAT enjoy but what goes around comes around,

HTA35R powered, AEM EMS Managed DSM.
Muellerized....Sold*.

PT6266 powered, AEM EMS Managed NSX.
Re: Ripped off #153361
December 04, 2006 06:23 pm UTC
December 04, 2006 06:23 pm UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
yep im not dealing with anyone who isnt a member of dsm board. Im sure hell get is one day. I hope the dsm tuners board gets wise to him to and no one buys parts from him. But i see that he goes on many different sites prentending to sell stuff.

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153362
December 04, 2006 10:32 pm UTC
December 04, 2006 10:32 pm UTC
Belleville
L
Lisa Dolph Offline
Newbie on Probation
Lisa Dolph  Offline
Newbie on Probation
L
Belleville
remind me to never buy anything from anyone online!

~*~Lisa~*~
If you ain't first, you're last!
Re: Ripped off #153363
December 05, 2006 06:15 pm UTC
December 05, 2006 06:15 pm UTC
Pickering, ON
Kevin Bethune Offline
Serious Member
Kevin Bethune  Offline
Serious Member
Pickering, ON
Not everyone online is out to scam someone.
I personally have sold dsm parts to at least 40 members.
I would suggest that if buying or selling on the board you make sure the other party has been a member for at least 3- months and has posted a minimum of 25 times.

What happen here sucks but it was possibly avoidable.

Re: Ripped off #153364
December 05, 2006 07:57 pm UTC
December 05, 2006 07:57 pm UTC
Ottawa
Yasar Issa Offline
Serious Member
Yasar Issa  Offline
Serious Member
Ottawa
Just a shot did not read the whole post

if you paid him with Paypal do a complaint there
and let your Credit card company know the will
refund you.

96GST --> Sold
97TSI 13.00@104 <--Sadly SOLD
2003 Mustang New Project
Re: Ripped off #153365
December 05, 2006 08:04 pm UTC
December 05, 2006 08:04 pm UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
I only had a certain amount of money in the paypal account and the rest was paid with the credit card so all be getting the money paid through the credit card. But doubt it through paypal. I did a complaint but paypal said they emailed him and no response so i wont be getting the money back from the account.

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153366
December 05, 2006 09:33 pm UTC
December 05, 2006 09:33 pm UTC
Ottawa
Yasar Issa Offline
Serious Member
Yasar Issa  Offline
Serious Member
Ottawa
Well I had the same issue with an ebay purchase
and I opened a trouble call with paypal and
the CC company.

CC company will get the Money back trust me.

96GST --> Sold
97TSI 13.00@104 <--Sadly SOLD
2003 Mustang New Project
Re: Ripped off #153367
December 06, 2006 07:42 pm UTC
December 06, 2006 07:42 pm UTC
BC
B
Brett Ter Smitte Offline
Serious Member
Brett Ter Smitte  Offline
Serious Member
B
BC
I've got some "friends" in Tall,Fla looking into some things now... will let you guys know by email how things work out.

I'm back after 10 years. Gotta motor to build!
Re: Ripped off #153368
December 09, 2006 12:58 am UTC
December 09, 2006 12:58 am UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
sounds good brett.

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD
Re: Ripped off #153369
December 10, 2006 06:06 pm UTC
December 10, 2006 06:06 pm UTC
st.catharines
R
Ryan Rae Offline OP
Serious Member
Ryan Rae  Offline OP
Serious Member
R
st.catharines
I just caught him again trying to sell a tranny on this site... what an asshole.

http://www.thepartstrader.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4ad54f0d9fb4d8a554998182badc4db9&action=profile;u=2420;sa=showPosts

1997 tsi awd.. SOLD