This post is 2 weeks overdue so anyways, my car hit 100k last month. After reading all the posts regarding people's timing belt replacement stories, I decided to have Eastway Chrysler do the job. Well, I was going to get the parts from Adam regardless on who's going to do it for me.

After dropping off my car in the morning, I was told that it should be ready in the afternoon. I told them I'll just pick it up the next day. Got there the next morning and was told I need new plugs & my wires were fried. Adam said my NGK wires has a lifetime warranty which I didn't know about. At this point, Rick Lew, the Service Manager, gave me a loaner (PT Cruiser) to use. So I took my wires & receipt to Metro Auto Parts but they wouldn't replace it, they said it's from 2001 and to contact NGK. Adam got in touch with his buddy from NGK right away. Told them I'll come back again the next day & away I went to work in the PT.

Next day came and we're just waiting for the guy to come in with my new wires. Guy comes in, hands Adam the wires, hands it to the tech. So I got new wires under warranty & new plugs which Adam didn't charge me.

All in all, I was charged 6hrs @ $99/hr for the TBelt job, discounted parts & free plugs plus a PT for a day. I know the labour's a bit pricey, but at least Adam's there looking after my car while it's being worked on.

So tu tu for Adam & Rick. rotate

Erick
'98 TSi AWD