December 27, 2006 08:53 pm UTC
December 27, 2006 08:53 pm UTC
Saint John New Brunswick
Scotty Mac Offline OP
Serious Member
Scotty Mac  Offline OP
Serious Member
Saint John New Brunswick
Well I got an Ostrich ROM emulator for Xmas and it works great. I don't know much about coding and such but once I figure it out I will be implementing the Wideband O2 code so my car will use and log a wideband signal. This makes tuning with AFr in the fuel table that much more accurate. Already configured stutterbox and NLTS but haven't touched much else since my car is relatively stock(but I have been waiting to get this up and running so I can upgrade injectors/turbo). One of the definitions I downloaded has a cyclone activation code, which can be used for water/meth injection or anything else you want.

Can't beat the options and possibilities for 175 bucks US.

'92 Laser AWD Turbo

It won't give up, It wants me dead
God damn this noise inside my head
Re: Ostrich/Tunerpro RT #177353
December 27, 2006 11:08 pm UTC
December 27, 2006 11:08 pm UTC
Beamsville, Ont, Canada
Steve Kinnaird Offline

Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Steve Kinnaird  Offline

Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Beamsville, Ont, Canada
http://www.labattz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=109306&sid=3bb7b137feae535315e0728116339397

That will kind of get you started.

The dsm-ecu yahoo group is probably the best place to learn, though.

Now, I'll have all kinds of time to talk about DSMs, because I won't be busy fixing mine!
Re: Ostrich/Tunerpro RT #177354
December 28, 2006 06:55 am UTC
December 28, 2006 06:55 am UTC
Saint John New Brunswick
Scotty Mac Offline OP
Serious Member
Scotty Mac  Offline OP
Serious Member
Saint John New Brunswick
Hehe thanks Steve, but that is where I have learned everything I know so far, in my bookmarks loL. I probably meant to post that link when I posted this but forgot. Was getting frustrated until a few posts down he said to set the offset to 8000... none of the xdf files would work until I did that. Another thing I should point out id the bins posted in that thread have a custom fuel and timing map. I thought they were stock maps but when I uploaded them my car ran like crap. I swapped the maps with stock ones but kept the rest and my car works great.

Now I can start with a turbo and injectors, been holding off until I decided how I was going to go(S-AFC, dsmlink etc) but now I have a means of tuning. Can't wait to start tuning for mods. Just gotta get the car running perfect stock before I start, don't weant to have to try to fix a problem while adding new variables to the equation.

'92 Laser AWD Turbo

It won't give up, It wants me dead
God damn this noise inside my head
Re: Ostrich/Tunerpro RT [Re: Scotty Mac] #230863
May 08, 2007 09:38 pm UTC
May 08, 2007 09:38 pm UTC
Saskatoon, SK
Z
Zenja Ivkovic Offline
Newbie on Probation
Zenja Ivkovic  Offline
Newbie on Probation
Z
Saskatoon, SK
I'll also jump in and say this is an awesome tuning product at an awesome price. I don't know why there aren't more people using it.

On a related note, does anyone know the best place to order GM MAP and IAT sensors from? I'd like to convert to speed density.