August 27, 2006 12:12 am UTC
August 27, 2006 12:12 am UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline OP
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline OP
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
Finally got around to swapping out my ISC with one of two donors from Paul Bratina. tu Battery back in and idle on first start up very high but I think that was just the suprised ecu getting used to a functional ISC. A few surges then settled in to a nice comfortable rock solid idle.

Reset base idle and took her for a run. Much smoother especially off throttle and no manual idle control needed at stoplights to keep rpms from bottoming out.

Still on the list is a sticking throttle cable. The throttle will sit somewhere from 10.5-12% until I blip the throttle a few times and it will hit 10.1% then idle settles in to 750. The BISS is all the way in which is unusual but it gets the right RPM so no complaining yet.

An as yet unconfirmed side effect was no part throttle low rpm knock. Usually get this for the first few k's then goes away once fully warm. Could be a coincidence because it has disappeared before only to come back. I know a lot of guys like to disconnect the ISC and do the block of mod but I like to keep all the parts functioning that DSM gave her.

So now have two partially functioning ISCs which I may experiment with or donate to someone in need.

Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
Re: Idle surge...yes I am your daddy #200590
August 27, 2006 01:28 am UTC
August 27, 2006 01:28 am UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Trenton, On, Canada.
Hello Jerry.

Have you ever checked the TPS output???

It might help getting rid of the inconsistent TPS values.

Ghislain.

Rouge!!!
Re: Idle surge...yes I am your daddy #200591
August 27, 2006 02:28 pm UTC
August 27, 2006 02:28 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline OP
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline OP
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
No I havent checked the TPS output but worth a shot since I do have a spare here somewhere freak Thanks Ghis

Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
Re: Idle surge...yes I am your daddy #200592
August 27, 2006 03:12 pm UTC
August 27, 2006 03:12 pm UTC
NiagaraFalls, ON
Paul Bratina Offline
Insane Member
Paul Bratina  Offline
Insane Member
NiagaraFalls, ON
I've got a couple 'o those (TPS's) as well. Well, at least one anyway, now that I lent one to that Paul P shmuck! Apparently that guy's impersonating me at Shootouts again. It's easy to tell us apart though--I'm the guy who's always being mistaken for an underwear model.

Re: Idle surge...yes I am your daddy #200593
August 28, 2006 08:56 pm UTC
August 28, 2006 08:56 pm UTC
Cambridge, ON
Tommy Priest Offline
Tommy Priest  Offline
Cambridge, ON
If it is the throttle cable that sticking be sure to replace it ASAP. I had one sticking on me, nothing to bad, much like you describe and then one day on the highway it decides to get totally stuck and keep the throttle open when I'm on the highway. I tried to coast down and the throttle stayed where it was as though my foot was on the pedal. eek I got pulled over and shut her down ok. It seems that the lining of the cable broke down and was getting jammed up.

"You know, I'd like to be able to try the wrench thing"

"The internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's, it's a series of tubes." - Sen. Ted Stevens
Re: Idle surge...yes I am your daddy #200594
August 31, 2006 06:54 pm UTC
August 31, 2006 06:54 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline OP
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline OP
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
Hey Ghis are you psychic? Coming off the highway today the car starts stumbling when I accelerate or under boost. Crap injector or an intake hose popped off. Temp good, oil pressure good, trims and o2 ok. Then check engine light comes on I pull the code and its a big 14 tps woohoo

Re: Idle surge...yes I am your daddy #200595
September 02, 2006 05:25 pm UTC
September 02, 2006 05:25 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline OP
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline OP
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
New TPS in but still need to get that throttle down to 10.1% . Will adjust the cable for now but may go with Tommys advice and just put a new one in.

Note to self dont let your wrench touch your positive terminal and strut bar at the same time tongue