Mississauga, ON
R
Rafal Kraskiewicz Offline
Serious Member
Rafal Kraskiewicz  Offline
Serious Member
R
Mississauga, ON
Just think of how many cops' salaries the 2 billion+ WASTED on the gun registry would pay for. How many murders has that POS prevented? bitch

'97 Cherokee
'92 Talon TSi AWD
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208565
November 24, 2005 03:54 pm UTC
November 24, 2005 03:54 pm UTC
Oakville, ON
Nigel Smith Offline OP
Insane Member
Nigel Smith  Offline OP
Insane Member
Oakville, ON
Originally posted by Dean Boyle:
Guys you forget that, what makes Toronto is our ethnic community. If you don't like this then go Facking live in Alabama.
When I'm done school, and have enough money to do something real about it, I'm sure as hell gettin outta the city. I think I am definitely sutied to living further up North.

Past
1992 Tsi AWD
1992 Tsi 14.30@100 Stock w/ MAF-T
1992 Tsi AWD 13.03@105 1.71 60'
1991 Tsi AWD
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208566
November 24, 2005 05:50 pm UTC
November 24, 2005 05:50 pm UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline

Insane Member
London/Nomad
Originally posted by sarah prescott:
I think that everyone has a valid point. And everyone has the right to thier own opinion on any of the topics discussed on this thread. Nate, believe what you want but don't push too hard on others,
I am glad that you recognise my right to speak in one sentance, and in the next that I should moderate my speaking therein you are partially denying my right to speak.

Are those with information not morally obligated to speak to others who are lacking the information?

If there was a gunman waiting in my apartment to shoot me, and you were outside my door, as a friend would you not tell me he was waiting inside?

This is exactly what is going on right now in our society in many differeny ways. I wish I could speak on all of them, however I am only one man with limited time and limited knowledge. I hope there are others out there who would speak to me on issues I am uniformed of that may impact my life. Isn't that our moral obligation as human beings?

-nate
(oh and if you are wondering, I have NOT be drinking thanks for not asking in advance. smile )

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208567
November 25, 2005 07:54 am UTC
November 25, 2005 07:54 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We should deal with the homeless before we bring more immigrants.
The unfortunate thing is immigrants from the middle east are simply not welcome in the sates for obvious reasons, so they decide to come to canada the "land of oppurtunity" and leach off of our system.
I'm quite honestly sick and tired of paying ridiculous taxes while people are out there scamming the welfare system. Do what they do in the sates, food stamps.

Not to mention the fact that when there's a car accident theres always an immigrant. Cars aren't camels and they can't tell the difference.

They bitch and complain how hard life is here, then go back home where you can speak the bloody language.

Why come to canada if you serve no purpose? Do us all a favour and die somewhere else.

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208568
November 25, 2005 01:44 pm UTC
November 25, 2005 01:44 pm UTC
Cornwall
Robert Glover Offline
Serious Member
Robert Glover  Offline
Serious Member
Cornwall
Originally posted by Dominik Price:
Not to mention the fact that when there's a car accident theres always an immigrant. Cars aren't camels and they can't tell the difference.
Oh Geez don't get me started on them, its usually new to the country middle eastern/asian women that are REAL bad behind the wheel around here. They pretty much drive 20k in a 50k zone with their faces 2" from the steering wheel, and if they are turning, stop completely. mad

But it'll never beat the old white lady driving on the wrong side of our main street with oncoming traffic, sad thing is she started off directly infront me and drifted over and didn't notice! haha!

I wish i had the money to build my motor
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208569
November 25, 2005 06:09 pm UTC
November 25, 2005 06:09 pm UTC
London, Ontario
Jon Arnett Offline
Serious Member
Jon Arnett  Offline
Serious Member
London, Ontario
One comment I just wanted to toss in here is that everyone keeps saying "a higher education" is so great for everyone, and that it's so required.

Guess what everyone...I went to Western, and it was useless. You know what your average BA proves? That you can afford the tuition.

A couple of friends of mine did poli-sci in university, and now they work at starbucks.

My dad has 2 degrees and a masters, and he became a cop, no ambition to move up past constable, because he liked that position so much. Stayed there until retiring.

In any case, yes, this is a little off topic, but I just find it annoying that people seem to think that the be-all/end-all solution to a better life is getting some useless degree.

*2002 Porsche 911 Silver
*2006 BMW 325XIT Black
*2003 BMW 325i Silver
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208570
November 27, 2005 07:14 am UTC
November 27, 2005 07:14 am UTC
Hamilton
A
Amin Ahmadi Offline
Insane Member
Amin Ahmadi  Offline
Insane Member
A
Hamilton
[qoute]
Guess what everyone...I went to Western, and it was useless. You know what your average BA proves? That you can afford the tuition.[/qoute]

I had never seen it put that well. and your parents want you to "do well".

I have seen mouse douche bags here at mac than I care to count.

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208571
November 27, 2005 07:45 am UTC
November 27, 2005 07:45 am UTC
GTA
J
Jaime Loo Offline
Serious Member
Jaime Loo  Offline
Serious Member
J
GTA

95 TSI AWD
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208572
November 27, 2005 07:46 am UTC
November 27, 2005 07:46 am UTC
GTA
J
Jaime Loo Offline
Serious Member
Jaime Loo  Offline
Serious Member
J
GTA
talking about education and "doing well"... link

95 TSI AWD
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208573
November 27, 2005 08:00 am UTC
November 27, 2005 08:00 am UTC
GTA
J
Jaime Loo Offline
Serious Member
Jaime Loo  Offline
Serious Member
J
GTA
We should deal with the homeless before we bring more immigrants.
The unfortunate thing is immigrants from the middle east are simply not welcome in the sates for obvious reasons, so they decide to come to canada the "land of oppurtunity" and leach off of our system.
I'm quite honestly sick and tired of paying ridiculous taxes while people are out there scamming the welfare system.
Just to put things in perspective, I haven't heard of welfare recipients from visible minorities, or even 'invisible' minority for that matter. And I seldom see pan-handlers from minority groups, seen few and I was surprised.

I had discussions at work similar to this thread, and I think part of this issue is that we emphasize too much on the "mozaic" aspect of culture and integration, when we should encourage the "melting pot".

Also, we all should remind everyone we live in a great country worth respecting. Canada respects citizens and immigrants by allowing us to seek opportunities and a better way of life, therefore all of us should respect it back. Religion is not a shield, in most cases, most religions have references to respecting the state in which you live.

95 TSI AWD
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208574
November 27, 2005 02:41 pm UTC
November 27, 2005 02:41 pm UTC
London
mike leclerc Offline
Serious Member
mike leclerc  Offline
Serious Member
London
I think all the people in the ghettos should be sent out of them. Split them up and send them far from Urban centers. there will be no more ghettos, and property value will skyrocket. The ghetto is not in the buildings, it's in the people. break their drug contacts. easy solution...and who wants to live in a ghetto anyways?

I abort millions of babies into towels and down throats evry year.

92 talon esi, 91 talon
91 talon tsi AWD, 95 talipse AWD 12.4 RIP
95 talon AWD, 99 Syder AWD project
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208575
November 28, 2005 12:36 am UTC
November 28, 2005 12:36 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea lets just use tax payers money to get stupid losers out of ghettos and into a real neighbourhood so they can just ruin it. NOT.
Breaking drug contacts? Maybe if you kill the Columbians then you MIGHT stand a chance.

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208576
November 28, 2005 04:22 am UTC
November 28, 2005 04:22 am UTC
Brampon, ON
Joe Esmama Offline
Insane Member
Joe Esmama  Offline
Insane Member
Brampon, ON

They bitch and complain how hard life is here, then go back home where you can speak the bloody language.

Why come to canada if you serve no purpose? Do us all a favour and die somewhere else.
I'm giving my opinion as an "immigrant". The reason why some "immigrants" tend to rely or "leech" of the welfare system is because the Gov't dont recognized they're education that was provided back in their home country. Some actually went past the system and actually got a job for what they've studied back home. But the unfortunate ones were SOL. My family experienced this first hand and its bloody frustrating.

Here you are, an individual that is qualified for the job and has the proper credentials, but yet they still look for a Canadian or Equivalent schooling (which, they believe is far better than the third world countries). And not only that, if they happen to accept your credentials, they look for a canadian experience.

Well, first of all, how can they have an experience when they couldnt even find an employer to actual hire them and give them the experience needed. Second, just because your not a third world country, doesn't mean your education is much better than the rest of the world.

So, what happens now? Well you either go back home or proved them wrong. So some immigrants end up working from the ground up. I know a few people who started working at McD's (or any of the low paying job) and work their way up the ladder. It's frustrating to jump all this hoop to better yourself. It's frustrating, time consuming, bias . But unfortunately, that's how the system works. The world doesnt adapt to you, you adapt to it.

I almost forgot what 2nd and reverse gear feels like.
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208577
November 28, 2005 04:54 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 04:54 pm UTC
Scarborough
J
Josh Smith Offline
Josh Smith  Offline
J
Scarborough
It is no one persons obligation to enlighten anyone on their personal views, however accurate OR misguided.

This entire thread is a joke.

Stick to cars.

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208578
November 28, 2005 05:16 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 05:16 pm UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline

Insane Member
London/Nomad
Hey Josh, your a joke. It's freedom of speech, thanks for exercising your right to it!

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208579
November 28, 2005 06:48 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 06:48 pm UTC
Scarborough
J
Josh Smith Offline
Josh Smith  Offline
J
Scarborough
typical

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208580
November 28, 2005 07:41 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 07:41 pm UTC
London, ON
sarah prescott Offline
Serious Member
sarah prescott  Offline
Serious Member
London, ON
There is a fine line between sharing an opinion and force-feeding......

Yeeow! Nothing like a paradigm shift without using the clutch!
1995 TSI AWD - My new project!!
1995 ESI - somebody BUY IT!!
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208581
November 28, 2005 07:57 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 07:57 pm UTC
hanover
jay peterson Offline
Banned for Bad Debts
jay peterson  Offline
Banned for Bad Debts
hanover
ok when we talk about aborting babies...and the money apparently "wasted".. well it would be even cheaper than tieing up hospital beds and paying for the women to have their babies.. so who ever thinks money is wasted on aborting babys is wrong in my view. I know a person that has had 8-9, and shes 18-19. Now I think that is too many, that girl needs help..

Banned.
(below all bought, before paying debts to club members, thus reason for ban)
------------------------------
95 awd talon converted to 97 style eclipse GSX. ebach prokits, 60-1. 24x12x4intercooler, 2.5 ss intercooler piping. black safc.greddy660s,injen intake, apexi N1 3"titanium exhaust.greddy type s bov, 18"wheels. walbro 255,afpr,crower cams,. tial 38mil
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208582
November 28, 2005 08:35 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 08:35 pm UTC
Cornwall
Robert Glover Offline
Serious Member
Robert Glover  Offline
Serious Member
Cornwall
Originally posted by jay peterson:
I know a person that has had 8-9, and shes 18-19. Now I think that is too many, that girl needs help..
I think she:

A: Needs to learn how to use condoms/birth control
B: Keep her legs shut

wink

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208583
November 28, 2005 08:48 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 08:48 pm UTC
hanover
jay peterson Offline
Banned for Bad Debts
jay peterson  Offline
Banned for Bad Debts
hanover
I totally agree. lol

Banned.
95 awd talon converted to 97 style eclipse GSX. ebach prokits, 60-1. 24x12x4intercooler, 2.5 ss intercooler piping. black safc.greddy660s,injen intake, apexi N1 3"titanium exhaust.greddy type s bov, 18"wheels. walbro 255,afpr,crower cams,. tial 38mil
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208584
November 28, 2005 08:57 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 08:57 pm UTC
Oakville, ON
Nigel Smith Offline OP
Insane Member
Nigel Smith  Offline OP
Insane Member
Oakville, ON
Originally posted by Robert Glover:
Originally posted by jay peterson:
[b] I know a person that has had 8-9, and shes 18-19. Now I think that is too many, that girl needs help..
I think she:

A: Needs to learn how to use condoms/birth control
B: Keep her legs shut

wink [/b]
9 abortions? HOLY friggin hell, someone needs to get that chick on the pill quicktimes! People who use abortion as a secondary means of birth control should be shot and pissed on, that being said I'm still for abortions if its necessary, but 9 times thats ridiculous.

Past
1992 Tsi AWD
1991 Tsi AWD
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208585
November 28, 2005 09:21 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 09:21 pm UTC
London, Ontario
Jon Arnett Offline
Serious Member
Jon Arnett  Offline
Serious Member
London, Ontario
Originally posted by Joe Esmama:
[b]

I'm giving my opinion as an "immigrant". The reason why some "immigrants" tend to rely or "leech" of the welfare system is because the Gov't dont recognized they're education that was provided back in their home country. Some actually went past the system and actually got a job for what they've studied back home. But the unfortunate ones were SOL. My family experienced this first hand and its bloody frustrating.

Here you are, an individual that is qualified for the job and has the proper credentials, but yet they still look for a Canadian or Equivalent schooling (which, they believe is far better than the third world countries). And not only that, if they happen to accept your credentials, they look for a canadian experience.

Well, first of all, how can they have an experience when they couldnt even find an employer to actual hire them and give them the experience needed. Second, just because your not a third world country, doesn't mean your education is much better than the rest of the world.

So, what happens now? Well you either go back home or proved them wrong. So some immigrants end up working from the ground up. I know a few people who started working at McD's (or any of the low paying job) and work their way up the ladder. It's frustrating to jump all this hoop to better yourself. It's frustrating, time consuming, bias . But unfortunately, that's how the system works. The world doesnt adapt to you, you adapt to it. [/b]
I'm pretty happy that people have to re-certify here. If someone goes to med-school in England, the US, Australia, or any developed country, they can practice here. If they're coming from somewhere with much lower standards, and even lower budgets (so they may have little or no experience with certain technologies) then I'm glad they don't start practicing medicine right away. They can still go to school here if that's what they want to do, no one is stopping them.

Whether you want to believe it or not, there are many other countries (3rd world) who's medical programs don't even quite match what our vets go through to start treating animals. And I'm probably not the first to say that I'd rather they weren't doing surgery on me.

*2002 Porsche 911 Silver
*2006 BMW 325XIT Black
*2003 BMW 325i Silver
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208586
November 28, 2005 09:48 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 09:48 pm UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline

Insane Member
London/Nomad
Glad you shared your story jay. Gave me a chance to speak about the other effects of abortion.

Statistically speaking, it should be almost impossible for this girl to concieve again as her uterine walls will be so scared after that many abortions. After even one abortion the chances of being able to have a child are dramatically decreased. It is something that the woman will cope with biologically and physiologically for the rest of her life. Also statistically speaking if the woman has concieved that many times, statistically speaking she should have at least as many STI's as you are far more likely to contract and infection than you are to concieve. (assuming multiple partners)

Anyways Jay I hope you would be a good friend to this person and help direct her to some professional counselling and be a positive influence in her life, as it would seem that she is lacking that very thing!

Once again Jay I encourge you to speak to women in your life your views. I doubt they would take kindly to you refering to pregnant women 'tying up the beds'. Remember your mother tied one up having you, good thing she didn't have an abortion eh Jay?

Also Sarah although I don't agree with alot of the opinions shared on this board, I do not think that anyone is force feeding of information. If you want to see for feeding information visit a communist country. An example would be China where the Tiamen Square is taught as a western fabrication.

Also thankfully for higher education it can occur outside of University which ALOT (including myself) cannot afford to attend.

-nate

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208587
November 28, 2005 10:17 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 10:17 pm UTC
Oakville, ON
Nigel Smith Offline OP
Insane Member
Nigel Smith  Offline OP
Insane Member
Oakville, ON
Nathan, I have no scientific proof, but I think your thought of saying having 1 abortion lessons your chance of conceiving, is purely Bull****. I know lots of people, some old, some young, some in between, who have had abortions/miscarriages in the past, and are now with child, have children etc. Age span of 18-30ish I'm referring to here. I think maybe your getting your information from biased anti-abortion sites maybe?

Past
1992 Tsi AWD
1991 Tsi AWD
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208588
November 28, 2005 10:51 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 10:51 pm UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline

Insane Member
London/Nomad
No Sir Nigel (always wanted to say that), what I said are facts. There should be other health-care professionals on this board that can attest to the truth of what I am saying.

scar tissue on the uterine lining makes it harder for the fertilized egg to emplant on the uterine wall, the scaring occurs from several things, which to my knowledge include (there may be others I don't know of) PID,and abortion. Two examples of first trimester abortion are Sharp curettage -empties the uterus by scraping it with curettes (metal instruments)- Vacuum aspiration removes the uterine contents by applying suction through a cannula that has been inserted through the cervix into the uterus.

Both of these methods cause uterine scaring which reduces ability for the egg to implant on the uterine wall.

Your family Doctor, if he is worth his salt, shoudl be able to explaine this much better than me, remember I am just a lowly civic activist and an amateur mechanic, when I read articles from people with Ph'd's and 10 years of medical school I generally believe what they say. If your Doctor isn't aware of the these fertility risks he's sure not aware of the breast cancer link, so if you care about the women in your life I would find a new doctor.

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208589
November 28, 2005 11:00 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 11:00 pm UTC
hanover
jay peterson Offline
Banned for Bad Debts
jay peterson  Offline
Banned for Bad Debts
hanover
Well Nate I dont talk to this girl... So I dont think I would do that,, But also there are methods or abortions that are non intrusive, done early enough, Its only when the fetus gets to large that a doc has to physically go in.. And yes I agree after once an abortion shouldent be done... 8 or 9 is just wrong, and seems thats their method of birth control... Those people are the ones that should pay for the service.. people that have one oops fine .. but hopfully they learn from their mistakes.

Banned.
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208590
November 28, 2005 11:01 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 11:01 pm UTC
Oakville, ON
Nigel Smith Offline OP
Insane Member
Nigel Smith  Offline OP
Insane Member
Oakville, ON
Thanks Nate, I do care for some of the women in my life, but I'm smart I practice safe sex and hopefully wont have to deal to personally with this type of situation. I do have a good friend though who just had an abortion within the last few weeks, I will bet she didnt know these facts when she had it done, and I'm not to sure I should be the one to tell her anyways.

Past
1992 Tsi AWD
1991 Tsi AWD
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208591
November 28, 2005 11:14 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 11:14 pm UTC
Cornwall
Robert Glover Offline
Serious Member
Robert Glover  Offline
Serious Member
Cornwall
Just thought i'd throw in, if you catch the pregnancy quick enough like Jay mentioned, it can be removed by special non-penetrating drugs... Nate, whether or not these form scars on the uterus or not i wouldn't know i don't play up in there.

I am pro-choice, but i disagree with using it as a form of birth control. It should be used in situations where the financial, maturity of the person is a serious threat to development of the child. Thats MY personal opinion.

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208592
November 28, 2005 11:29 pm UTC
November 28, 2005 11:29 pm UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline

Insane Member
London/Nomad
Talking with people about these risk's before they get pregnant is the key, so they can evaluate the information with rational thought when they are not clouded by emotion.

I wish I could go into a doctors office and say I am pregnant, and see what risk's they really tell you about, in my case they would just probally refer me for counselling. If you encourage women around you that you care about to be informed before they are pregnant, that would be great.

Robert since we don't play up there tongue , I think we should trust the clinical information available to us, from those that do 'play' up there. There are good reasons biologically to not have an abortion, as far as I am concerned and we need not often step into philisophical and human rights arguments.

I AM also genuinely concered for women that are not informed about these risks, from personal circumstances, I encourge you guys to not wait till you have someone close to you effected by an abortion to learn about this topic yourself, or encourage your loved ones to. There is a lack of information out there, and in my opinion a coverup on the link to breast cancer, and we in such a forward thinking society need to talk about this stuff!! What gets me is when the feminists brand me as stiffling their rights, when I am ADVOCATING FOR THEIRS (as well as the unborn child's)

-nate

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208593
November 29, 2005 12:51 am UTC
November 29, 2005 12:51 am UTC
Cornwall
Robert Glover Offline
Serious Member
Robert Glover  Offline
Serious Member
Cornwall
Originally posted by Nathan Welch:
Talking with people about these risk's before they get pregnant is the key, so they can evaluate the information with rational thought when they are not clouded by emotion.
I absolutely agree with this, as with most your post but this in perticular. Obviously abortions are better to not have to be performed, i agree entirely that more education on the matter needs to be given to young people.

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208594
November 29, 2005 11:36 pm UTC
November 29, 2005 11:36 pm UTC
London
mike leclerc Offline
Serious Member
mike leclerc  Offline
Serious Member
London
My good friend nathan has been replaced by a robot.

92 talon esi, 91 talon
Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208595
November 30, 2005 01:52 am UTC
November 30, 2005 01:52 am UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline

Insane Member
London/Nomad
Huh, maybe you should call me up more b itch!

tongue

Re: Who agrees with my politics? #208596
November 30, 2005 10:58 pm UTC
November 30, 2005 10:58 pm UTC
London
mike leclerc Offline
Serious Member
mike leclerc  Offline
Serious Member
London
you got a phone. Party at my place friday. 120 inch TV beatch!

92 talon esi, 91 talon
Page 2 of 2 1 2