Serious Member
Mehrdad Asari  Offline OP
Serious Member
NorthYork
Hi
It is a 91 2000 GTX.
This car does not start every sometime.
It does crank but does not start.
I have tried to take it to shop and fix it but it takes me back to square one again.
Every time the car gets tow and takes to shop, as soon as you start it at the shop, it starts.
Now what I have noticed is, when the gas level goes down to lets say about a little bit less than the quarter, I get the problem again.
Last time it stock at gas station right after I fill up the car with new gas.
Now this had made me think of a fuel pump but the problem is, as soon as it starts, it becomes great and can not check the fuel pump.
Oh I forgot to mention, after the car starts, it works great for couple of weeks.
Last time it brakes was about a month and a half ago and yesterday I was abet away from the gas station and the level went abet less than a quarter.
I have tried 94 octanes about 3 full tanks.
I did try a new battery.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance

Mehrdad

Stage I Long Block 2.00L,Brand New Head,Eagle Crank Shaft,I-Beam Rods,OEM Pistons,Valves,Rocker Arm,HKS: Racing Valve Springs,Adjustable Cam Gear,272 Cams,SS BOv,Turbo Timer,ARP Head,Studs,Prothane Motor Mounts,AGX Shocks,Eibach Spring Pro,3" Exhaust
Re: Car does not start [Re: Mehrdad Asari] #256956
February 21, 2008 10:45 pm UTC
February 21, 2008 10:45 pm UTC
Brampon, ON
Joe Esmama Offline
Insane Member
Joe Esmama  Offline
Insane Member
Brampon, ON
Have you checked the grounds and battery connections?

I had the same problems where, on a good day, it will start no problem. Then, sometimes it'll sputter and die. And/or wont start. It was the battery terminals. Cleaned it with water/baking soda mix and never had a problem ever since.

I almost forgot what 2nd and reverse gear feels like.
Re: Car does not start [Re: Joe Esmama] #256971
February 22, 2008 12:01 am UTC
February 22, 2008 12:01 am UTC
Colborne, ON
Kevin Jenkins Offline
Serious Member
Kevin Jenkins  Offline
Serious Member
Colborne, ON
Could be as easy as water in your fuel lines freezing. Try filling up at petro can next time, they have gasline antifreeze in their gas (something cheap and easy to try) or just get some from crappy tire.

By the way, your avatar is going to give me a seizure, I wasn't even going to respond because I couldn't concentrate, I had to do a full reply form.

'97 Talon TSi AWD
'92 Talon T/NT For Sale
'00 Subaru Forester
Re: Car does not start [Re: Kevin Jenkins] #257027
February 22, 2008 05:12 am UTC
February 22, 2008 05:12 am UTC
NorthYork
Mehrdad Asari Offline OP
Serious Member
Mehrdad Asari  Offline OP
Serious Member
NorthYork
Joe,
I have already tried cleaning the terminal.
Thanks

Kevin,
I also think there is some water in my fuel lines.
I have checked my fuel valve but there is not even a drop of fuel.
The funny thing is that my fuel pump does not pump any fuel, because I don't smell anything.
I will open everything tomorrow and will update.

As for my avatar, I'll change it for you.
It's just that picture, reminds me of my kitty.

Thanks in advance guys.

Stage I Long Block 2.00L,Brand New Head,Eagle Crank Shaft,I-Beam Rods,OEM Pistons,Valves,Rocker Arm,HKS: Racing Valve Springs,Adjustable Cam Gear,272 Cams,SS BOv,Turbo Timer,ARP Head,Studs,Prothane Motor Mounts,AGX Shocks,Eibach Spring Pro,3" Exhaust
Re: Car does not start [Re: Mehrdad Asari] #257260
February 25, 2008 04:44 am UTC
February 25, 2008 04:44 am UTC
Toronto
C
Chris Poe Offline
Serious Member
Chris Poe  Offline
Serious Member
C
Toronto
Test your coolant temp sensor.. the one with the two prongs one horizontal and one vertical. I had a heck of a time because the wires going to that connector broke off slowly and sometimes would work while sometimes no, until it wouldn't start at all.. but mine would "try" to start and if I'd crank like 10 times it would eventually start.. providing it was somewhat close to 0 degrees. 10 Degrees below I had to tow it home.

The ECU also lights up check engine too. When yours won't start, keep the key to ON and see if the Check engine stays lit or lights up after 5 min. then check the code if it does. Even if the car is not running it will light up if there's a problem but it might take a few minutes.

I don't know what your symptom is, how does it eventually start?

Last edited by Chris Poe; February 25, 2008 04:48 am UTC.

'92 FWD Talon TSI
Need a laugh?
http://www.funnyville.com