Victoria BC
J
Jonathan Beaton Offline OP
Newbie on Probation
Jonathan Beaton  Offline OP
Newbie on Probation
J
Victoria BC
I did my first stock rebuild and discovered what a bitch it is to get oil flowing on these things. I initially had no pressure at the oil filter housing and of course, none at the head.

I made an adapter from my oil squirt can and a bunch of electrical tape so I could pump the head full of oil from the turbo port. Then I did the same on the bottom end at the oil pressure sender until oil poured out the pickup tube. Then I cut the top off a 1L jug of 20w50 and held the pickup in the jug. I cranked until I saw the pickup was picking up and I saw pressure on my gauge.

What a pain in the ass. If you have this problem, don't pull your pan and pickup like I did, just pull the oil pressure sender (or switch) pump the engine until you think there is no way there is a dry oil journal anywhere, then pump another 100 times. Now you are ready to crank it over and possibly get oil pressure.

I will post an update if I find that my oil pump is f'cked after I fire this thing up.

Re: No oil pressure after a rebuild [Re: Jonathan Beaton] #327996
April 09, 2010 04:52 am UTC
April 09, 2010 04:52 am UTC
Loc: Loc:
Rob Strelecki Offline

morum foderator
Rob Strelecki  Offline

morum foderator
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Loc: Loc:
[Linked Image]

Drill pump is the best thing ever!!!
Rig it up to the oil sender port and pump in a liter. Dump the rest under the 710 cap (or on the cams of a fresh build), pull the MPI fuse and turn the starter until the oil light goes out. tu

1993 Eagle Talon TSi FWD
13.8 @ 106 :::: 14.1 @ 117