May 25, 2010 12:50 am UTC
May 25, 2010 12:50 am UTC
Toronto,Ontario
Rafal Kuleta Offline OP
Serious Member
Rafal Kuleta  Offline OP
Serious Member
Toronto,Ontario
Yeah, I know, where is this coming from. Well not too long ago I and a buddy took a road trip passing through Montreal. I was dead tired so he was driving. At some point I remember a flash. Now more than a week after the trip, I get an envelope mailed from Quebec with a photo radar ticket for almost $200!!! bitch for doing 30 over.

The report of the incident is all in French, not sure if that can be used in some way to throw that out.

I wasn't the driver. Any options ? Suggestions ? cool

Re: Help - Need Advice Fighting a Photo Radar Ticket [Re: Rafal Kuleta] #331309
May 25, 2010 04:44 am UTC
May 25, 2010 04:44 am UTC
Toronto, Ontario
Kobie Mercury-Clarke Offline
Serious Member
Kobie Mercury-Clarke  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto, Ontario
Well I hope you are really good friends with the guy who was driving because the only thing you can do as far as I know is get him to fess up.

The problem with photo radar is that it's linked to the vehicle license plate so the owner of the vehicle is the one responsible.

As for the ticket being all in french, not sure if there is a way out of that. They may expect you to just find a translator, or call in and get the english mailed to you.

OR, just don't go back to Quebec lol

1993 Talon Esi - Sold, and missed dearly frown
2004 Saab 9-3 Hirsch Tuned etc
Re: Help - Need Advice Fighting a Photo Radar Ticket [Re: Kobie Mercury-Clarke] #331319
May 25, 2010 01:59 pm UTC
May 25, 2010 01:59 pm UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Trenton, On, Canada.
Well you seems to know that the ticket is for doing 30 over and that the fine is for $200...

Their is files that you can download to update your GPS so it will give you a warning when you aproach a Photo Radar.

Ghislain

Rouge!!!
Re: Help - Need Advice Fighting a Photo Radar Ticket [Re: Ghislain Goudreau] #331333
May 25, 2010 04:25 pm UTC
May 25, 2010 04:25 pm UTC
ontario
Sven Hebbard Offline
Serious Member
Sven Hebbard  Offline
Serious Member
ontario
if it's black and white you could call and say your plate was stolen or some BS..

There is a film you can buy to put on your plate the distors it for pictures.. I have it on both my bikes.

Re: Help - Need Advice Fighting a Photo Radar Ticket [Re: Sven Hebbard] #331336
May 25, 2010 04:54 pm UTC
May 25, 2010 04:54 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ontario
R
Rob Martin Offline
Rob Martin  Offline
R
Mississauga, Ontario
I thought that photo radar had to have a picture of you driving, since they're not charging the car, they're charging the driver with speeding. If there is no picture then can't you just say "prove I was driving" and they won't be able to. If there is a picture you can just show it and say "look this isn't me" although you might have to tell them who it was then.

Re: Help - Need Advice Fighting a Photo Radar Ticket [Re: Rob Martin] #331432
May 26, 2010 03:40 am UTC
May 26, 2010 03:40 am UTC
NiagaraFalls, ON
Paul Bratina Offline
Insane Member
Paul Bratina  Offline
Insane Member
NiagaraFalls, ON
I thought that photo radar had to have a picture of you driving, since they're not charging the car, they're charging the driver with speeding.
Most jurisdictions get around that by having the ticket not be a "regular" speeding ticket. For a regular ticket, demerit points can be involved, plus you have the right to question the officer, etc, etc. With a photo radar ticket, there is no "officer" so he/she can't be questioned. Because it's not a "regular" ticket, demerit points don't apply, for example. There are other differences but I'm not sure of all of them.

Bottom line is they are in effect charging the car with speeding. But it's not a full-fledged speeding ticket. Not sure how it works for insurance and other things.

Re: Help - Need Advice Fighting a Photo Radar Ticket [Re: Paul Bratina] #331746
May 28, 2010 08:45 pm UTC
May 28, 2010 08:45 pm UTC
Kingston
Kenrick Miller Offline
Serious Member
Kenrick Miller  Offline
Serious Member
Kingston
Here in Alberta,(were there is photo radar EVERYWHERE) these tickets have no effect on your insurance as the individual is not the one being charged. In the mail you get a picture of the back of your car showing you the plates.

Re: Help - Need Advice Fighting a Photo Radar Ticket [Re: Kenrick Miller] #331765
May 29, 2010 02:03 am UTC
May 29, 2010 02:03 am UTC
Trenton, On, Canada.
Ghislain Goudreau Offline
Ghislain Goudreau  Offline
Trenton, On, Canada.
Was the same here in Ontario; Picture of the vehicle is taken when it travels by the Camera above a certain speed. Ticket is sent to the person who has the vehicle register into his/her name.

Points can not be given to a vehicle.

Stationary photo radar camera locations are posted as the object is to control trafic speed not to rake in money.

Again; there is a GPS file that can be downloaded and uploaded. I do not remember where I found it but I googled; Photo Radar Quebec or something along that line.

It is not a bad idea to upload such files when one drives into an other juristiction.

Ghislain

Rouge!!!