toronto, ontario
A
alex rorabeck Offline OP
Newbie on Probation
alex rorabeck  Offline OP
Newbie on Probation
A
toronto, ontario
So I've just noticed a small wiring issue with my car. It's a 97 gst spyder. I noticed that my speakers had stopped working but my radio deck comes on fine. So I decided to look below the steering wheel by the pedals to see if I could find anything and came across two loose wires. They are red and black. I can only assume that those are what are causing my issue as that is the only thing I have come across that is loose. I have checked all fuses and they are fine. So my question is does anyone know if in fact those wires are related to the speaker system? and if so where do they go? I cannot seem to find where they supposed to be. Thanks in advance for the help. It is very much appreciated as I am fairly new to dsm's and really, cars in general.

-Alex Rorabeck

Last edited by alex rorabeck; July 18, 2014 05:58 pm UTC.

1997 Eclipse Spyder GST
2004 GMC Envoy
Re: Wiring questions [Re: alex rorabeck] #429824
July 18, 2014 08:19 pm UTC
July 18, 2014 08:19 pm UTC
Ottawa, ON
Mike Eng Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Mike Eng  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ottawa, ON
You need to download the service manual and wiring diagram of your stereo from this website..

Mitsubishi links. Com

Although that information is only helpful if the car has the factory wiring in tact. Which likely isn't the case. But I would trace those two wires out and see where they go.

Take out the deck. Look in behind there.

'99 GSX GT35R
'03 CBR 600RR
Re: Wiring questions [Re: alex rorabeck] #429862
July 19, 2014 08:24 am UTC
July 19, 2014 08:24 am UTC
toronto, ontario
A
alex rorabeck Offline OP
Newbie on Probation
alex rorabeck  Offline OP
Newbie on Probation
A
toronto, ontario
Thanks Mike, I appreciate any help and insight.

I have searched online and found the appropriate wiring information. There is a red and black wire used for the power on the radio harness. I am just having an issue figuring out which harness is in fact the radio harness. Anyone able to point me in the right direction in that regards?

Also a quick update on the wires, I traced them a little bit and it appears as if the red wire had been spliced from a solid orange and or really faded thinner red wire but the red and black wire doesn't appear to have been spliced. I will look into it more tomorrow.

Thanks again for any help or information in advance, much appreciated.

1997 Eclipse Spyder GST
2004 GMC Envoy