August 28, 2006 09:55 pm UTC
August 28, 2006 09:55 pm UTC
Oakville
Mike Carag Offline
Serious Member
Mike Carag  Offline
Serious Member
Oakville
I've only been a member since late 2004 and I don't post nearly as much as others do, but I'm on the site practically everyday...and everyday I enjoy my stay here.

Up until I got my dsm, I barely knew how to change my oil. Now, I can practically do everything myself (except for that timing belt...it still looks so intimidating) and I owe it all to two things:
1) Perseverance - or stubborness. Part of being a dsmer I guess...most would have given up on the dsm after their third call to CAA...not us!
2) ca.dsm.org

Enough said. I've used the "search" on so many other dsm sites but it's only on ca.dsm.org that I actually find the useful information I'm looking for. I do find however, that lately, I try to look for older posts since the newer posts seem to have a theme to them:
- person posts problem/question
- veteran posts the fact that they could have used "search" and found <this> and <this> post answering said problem/question
- initial person either thanks the vet member or continues on a rant
- if it's the latter...more posters get onto the topic and include their $.02 on the subject
- moderators jump in and have to lock the thread

The moderators do a fantastic job. It isn't an easy job since they have to enforce something most people have problems with - rules.

Is it really all that hard to check your spelling and grammar on your posts? No.
Is it really all that hard to stick to the topic? No.
Is it really all that hard to keep your posts to the appropriate areas? No.
If you want to talk about your dsm, how fast it can go, how expensive your parts are, what you plan on doing to it, then go right on ahead...but put it in the right section!

Finally, before posting to talk smack about the moderators...why not use the "search" tool and find all the other threads related to trash-talking the mods. I'm sure someone has already bitched about what you're about to bitch about and I'm sure the mods have already replied to that bitching. See? The search tool is the hero of the day...again! tongue

Okay...back to the shadows...but like that peeping tom across the street looking into your sister's bedroom window...I'm always watching.
love

Quitters never Win, Winners never Quit, but those who never Win AND never Quit are just idiots...
Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6905
August 29, 2006 12:47 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 12:47 pm UTC
Halifax, NS
Troy Jollimore Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Troy Jollimore  Offline
Halifax, NS
It's much harder coming in new. All the common things have been 'done' already. Most have either moved onto new cars, moved to higher levels of tuning, or are young kids just getting into DSMs for cheap power. At least the FAQs and VFAQs have been clearly defined and are easily searched. You should see what the VW boards are like... smile

Allan, you know that I've always been fair with you. Now stop acting like a farking kid! Your run-on rambles are getting a bit tired. And humility is not being a doormat. I work on it as much as I can, but it means knowing enough to be able to help others, yet realizing that many people know a lot more than you.

I remember chatting with Dave Buschur before and when he started his shop. Now THAT was a guy that was humble and open to ideas, even when he had every right not to be. The guys here might pick on you for not being able to go fast...yet. You've got the stuff to do it. And you probably don't mean to, but you seem to rub it in their faces by bragging about how fast you *should* be able to go, and how superior your car is. THAT is why everyone gives you a hard time.

Now suck it up and DEAL. Calm yourself down, and just concentrate on contributing to help others reach the level you're at. You'll end up picking up tons of information to help your car out along the way...

We all know Nathan sucks anyway... He drives an Accent. wink (J/K, Nate!)

Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6906
August 29, 2006 04:56 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 04:56 pm UTC
Dalmeny SK
Blake Heisler Offline
Serious Member
Blake Heisler  Offline
Serious Member
Dalmeny SK
Originally posted by Allan Brounstein:
This was on f body board.Not even sure why Blake is on there he has no f body and never did. Course he has no dsm now either but at least he did have one of those once.
Actually I owned an Fbody before I owned my 2 DSMs. I didn't know it was a requirement on either board that you had to own an Fbody/DSM to be a member. :rolleyes: Thanks for clearing that up for me Mr.Moderator.
I was invited to join thefbody.com by a few of the members on there. Same way I was invited onto this forum by a bunch of the senior members. I guess it just shows that spending $20K in car mods doesn't buy you respect.

And you were booted off of BrokeBack NABR and now you're pretty close to getting booted off of here. You should just start your own forum, then you can do whatever you want.

Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6907
August 29, 2006 08:00 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 08:00 pm UTC
Kelowna,BC
Allan Brown Offline OP
Insane Member
Allan Brown  Offline OP
Insane Member
Kelowna,BC
Blake you have been heckling and riding me on the various boards for no good reason. So you don't like I can spend money on my cars and you can't. Tough life, isn't fair is it?. I am double your age and do have a very good job and salary as well.

I was booted off NABR with no reason given.And its you who quoted that partial comment about this board made on the f body board and sent it over here or aren't you man enough to admit
doing that?

I admitted to saying it no problem.But at least quote the whole comment.Not just the parts you want to.And I apologized if some members took offence to it and still stand by my opinion that there are some members on this board that seem to have the attitude expressed by the comment.

I can name names if it was necessary but it seems have already talked thru this on this board.Half or so are very annoyed by my long posts, bench racing,asking for advice and sometimes not taking it or debating the advice, and seems about half on the board don't pay much attention or care much about the above. Some think I am trying to make myself superior with my long sig or talking about my mods.And some are jealous like Ziggy said or the comment said.

I have had some tell me point blank they are jealous.Its ok its human nature to be sometimes.

I still have learned my lesson and in future am not going to bench race, am not going to post novels and am going to try to keep on topic more.
I will likely lurk more and mostly use the buy and sell sections as giving or asking for advice seems to be where most of the misunderstandings and problems lie.I can simplify my sig and people that are interested can ask me about my mods even though putting mods in the sig makes more sense so you don't have to ask a guy all the time what mods do you have.

As to actually owning a vehicle on the boards that a person is on well, its pretty much a given in most of them that you at least own one.
I don't think the corvette guys will give me time of day or ferrari guys if am only a wannabe even if I did have a vette once 10 years ago.These are owner boards ,specific vehicle boards. After all you wont find me on the SUV boards!

Also no one gives much attention to past achievments so really posting about some old time run years ago on a car you no longer own is also pretty meangless especially when lots of guys have run quite a bit faster with same turbo as you. And why even put you own an suv in your sig? Or maybe post a quartermile and dyno time beside it as well? :rolleyes:

And if people want proof you started the riding and heckling on me from the various boards be happy to quote your posts but not into being a little tattle tale its really too public school.

I dare anyone to go thru my posts on this board and find where I have actually insulted,heckled or belittled ,ridiculed anyone that didn't do it to me first.

I went into a lot of detail in some of my posts on my 2.4 build and stuff but thought some guys were interested in it since it might be a path they would take some day. Not everyone will stay at the level of 14b and t25s. Its fine if they do not everyone is mod crazy like me but there are always levels above what one has and its nice to get some info on them. If person don't want that much detail its simple ,don't read it.

So Blake its agreed we don't much like each other. So stay out of my posts on the boards and I will stay out of yours.And if you keep heckling and riding me expect to get riden back.

And that has nothing to do with humility and everything to do with standing up for oneself.

I will say again if some think I am a rich snob they are sadly mistaken. If I was truly rich would be on the vette or ferrari boards with my vette or ferrari actually parked in my million dollar triple garage house not messing with old dsm and f bodies living in a old 4 level split.
But I do least do what I say.I do own f bodies and dsms and I did build the car the way I said I would and it actually driveable as well.

1997 TALON AWD ,fully built 2.4,FP3065.

99TAWS6 427 Twin turbo,91 TALON race car,08 Z06.

Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6908
August 29, 2006 08:34 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 08:34 pm UTC
Dalmeny SK
Blake Heisler Offline
Serious Member
Blake Heisler  Offline
Serious Member
Dalmeny SK
Al, when you quit sniffing your own BS your head will stop spinning and you might catch a clue.
I don't need to copy and paste stuff from other boards. thefbody.com is an open forum, anyone can read what's posted there. If they happen to read something of yours they take offence too that's your problem, you posted it. If I had copy/pasted it I would admit it. You ASSume far too much Al

And I'll post a timeslip and a dyno sheet for the Outlander once I see one from your SuperTalon tongue

And in all honesty I don't know why I keep getting dragged into these threads. You mentioned my name in here before I even posted, so if you want me to "stay out of your threads" it'd be a good idea to leave me out of them. As far as "grade school sh!t" well I outgrew that when I graduated highschool (and moved on to graduate university). I think you thrive on the drama in your threads Al, I don't think you could make it through the day without a little teenie bopper drama while you eat your Allbran. It's too bad the admins here seem to be ruining your little party.

Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6909
August 29, 2006 09:06 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 09:06 pm UTC
Kelowna,BC
Allan Brown Offline OP
Insane Member
Allan Brown  Offline OP
Insane Member
Kelowna,BC
That post was quoted by either you or your buddy Chris C. or you told the mods here about it Blake.Have some balls at least and admit it.I can admit I said it why dont' you admit clipping it out? Kinda coincidence you bait me with a comment on NABR and then I reply and all of a sudden it just happens to show on Club dsm by Nathan who did seem to indicate he changed my profile.

So whatever play stupid Blake thats fine.
There are only two members on that board that are on club dsm board. You and Chris C. So if it wasn't you then its him. Not sure why you aren't man enough to take the credit for it.
Open board yeah right..you have to register on the f body board to read posts.You are the BS'r Blake .Are you scared to own up to your little public school tattling?

Let face the reality.You once had a decently fast 2g. At least it was faster than your non turbo dsm. Now you own a slow as slug SUV and another slow ass slug before that. Now you dream of the old days.Don't worry if you save those pennies some day you can own a fast car. . Till then go ahead and heckle and ride me.My 97 talon is faster at zero boost than your gas guzzling easy to roll ,slow as molasses Stupid Useless Vehicle.

You had your 5 minutes of fame at the track.Hope its enough to last you the rest of your life!

Oh forgot you are martial arts master too..
Amazed you haven't threatened to come kick my ass yet!

Of course my first day at karate when I was sixteen I put a black belt on the ground in 5 seconds, first sparring match there ,first day actually! Not too impressed with that crap to tell you the truth and we won't mention the current wife kicking the crap out of the x ,the x who studied kung fu for years and thought she was invincible. :rolleyes:

Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6910
August 29, 2006 09:18 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 09:18 pm UTC
Dalmeny SK
Blake Heisler Offline
Serious Member
Blake Heisler  Offline
Serious Member
Dalmeny SK
This really isn't worth my time. Al's reputation is probably going to rub off on mine and I don't need that kind of bad karma and dirt on my rep. He's obviously threatened by me in some way to keep bringing me into his threads like some kind of Blake Fanboi.
I'm done.

Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6911
August 29, 2006 09:19 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 09:19 pm UTC
Toronto
M
mat roy Online content
Serious Member
mat roy  Online Content
Serious Member
M
Toronto
This is almost Jerry Springer worthy... :rolleyes:

Working on 97 Spyder (DSM #8). Sold!
2015 Mustang 50th package
88 Convertible Foxbody
Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6912
August 29, 2006 09:31 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 09:31 pm UTC
Toronto
Mike Vince Offline
Serious Member
Mike Vince  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto
Of course my first day at karate when I was sixteen I put a black belt on the ground in 5 seconds, first sparring match there ,first day actually! Not too impressed with that crap to tell you the truth and we won't mention the current wife kicking the crap out of the x ,the x who studied kung fu for years and thought she was invincible. [Roll Eyes]
Holy crap Al, give 'er a rest man!!

- Your car is the holy grail of vehicles

- Your fighting skills can out master a black belt

- Your turbo can take on five 14b's & 3 Big16g's all at the same time

- Your dad can beat up blakes dad

- Your wife can beat up you, blake & both of your dads

WE GET IT! You wonder why we have problems with you, if I didn't know you were in your 40's, I'd assume that you we're 17. And that would be insulting some of the young guys around here!!

2002 Acura RSX Type S
Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6913
August 29, 2006 09:34 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 09:34 pm UTC
Kelowna,BC
Allan Brown Offline OP
Insane Member
Allan Brown  Offline OP
Insane Member
Kelowna,BC
Ok guess time to start quoting things Blake said to heckle and ride me..since everyone thinks I am the bad guy here.

14s at first, 13s with some seat time. After a season or two some 12s. The car has too many changes at once, it's going to be hell to tune at the start without running into issues.
Blake making comment on what my car is going to run on fbody forum post.It ran 13.3 on tazzo vpc first run at 14psi untuned on pump 92.

The fastest 2G running a 3065 with N2O is 10.70. This guy has Forced Performance sponsoring his car. That's a lot of knowledge behind his tune/setup and still only high 10s
Another wrong statement by Blake.2g 3065 cars have gone well in the 10s and off nitrous. And tons of 1g cars have ,what is difference 1g and 2g anyway?

[QUOTE13.3 huh? Timeslip?
Oh that's right, you haven't been to a real track yet] [/QUOTE] Heckling me after running 13.3 first run every on tazzo which has been track verified several times. Also I have raced many many times at the track my 80ta,96ta.and been racing and driving fast cars for over 20 years before Blake was sperm in his fathers sack.

They let you on NABR or are you still on DSM Tooners? If you're not on NABR you're not on the "big" board
Heckling me about being on Nabr and talking about how much he really thinks about Club dsm.

Anywhere else you have to wade through pages of BS, speculation and people talking out their ass it isnt eveny funny. The only people who complain about NABR are the ones who arent on the board.

NABR is the be all and end all, of DSM message boards.
This one is similar quote made by Chris Clark...doesn't sound too complimentary to Club dsm either does it?

All you prove to me Al is that anyone with a fat bank account can go fast in these cars now, there's little skill involved anymore. And that the DSM mantra of "Go fast with class" is something that is completely oblivious to the new generation of DSMer, even if that n00b is as old as my grandfather
Blake again ,sounds like there is just a bit of jealousy there to me.. :rolleyes:

I dont have thousands to drop into it, and flash it around the internet. Its all about the money for you, you just make yourself think your surperior with every part you buy.
Chris Clark Blakes buddy saying for the 100th time how he can't afford to fix his car so it even runs. Sounds like a bit of jealousy here too don't you think?

There are tons more of these posts I can quote.
And they all show that Blake starting on me long before I ever started to give him some back.

Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6914
August 29, 2006 09:36 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 09:36 pm UTC
Toronto
Rob Cauduro Offline
Rob Cauduro  Offline
Toronto
ALLAN, ***K OFF GOD DAMIT!!!

[Linked Image]

Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6915
August 29, 2006 09:41 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 09:41 pm UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline

Insane Member
London/Nomad
Originally posted by Blake Heisler:
And in all honesty I don't know why I keep getting dragged into these threads.
He has realized that he had no ground to stand on to trash-talk me anymore, so he has moved on to you. Makes sense eh Blake? wink

Allan, your not getting yourself anywhere here, stop while you are still ahead. tu

Re: Nathan Welch..moderator.yeah right? #6916
August 29, 2006 09:44 pm UTC
August 29, 2006 09:44 pm UTC
Brampton, On
Mark PPG Scheitzbach Offline

Purple Boy
Mark PPG Scheitzbach  Offline

Purple Boy
Insane Member
Brampton, On
so things we've learned from this post are:
Al drives 1 out of 2 of us nuts...
Al blames Nate for changing his sig (which he is unable to do)
Al blames Blake/Chris for the quote (which it wasn't either of)

hmmmmmm guess 1 out of 3 ain't bad... bomb

Own a BlackBerry?
Check out www.allaboutmybb.com
Twitter @allaboutmybb

Twitter @MarkPPG
Page 2 of 2 1 2