December 28, 2003 05:04 am UTC
December 28, 2003 05:04 am UTC
Toronto,Ontario
Rafal Kuleta Offline OP
Serious Member
Rafal Kuleta  Offline OP
Serious Member
Toronto,Ontario
While over at a friends house during the holidays (he is in the Integra club or something like that) and he told me that a while back he heard that cops brought four 2004 SiR Civics to a Honda dealership to be modded with everything (sound, nitrous, paint, body kits, you name it).

According to one of the Honda/Integra members who happened to work at that dealership, these Civics are to be used to initiate a street race. Then a cop cruiser pops out of nowhere, goes after the catch, while the Sir Civic (bait) conveniently runs off.

mad mad mad

...Don't you just love how our tax money is being managed to keep us safe from gun totting robbers/gangsters/hoodlums and child abducters/molesters ?!

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56598
December 28, 2003 06:46 am UTC
December 28, 2003 06:46 am UTC
Etobocoke
T
Tony Lowell Offline
Tony Lowell  Offline
T
Etobocoke
Rafal,

Your posts are normally reasonable smile . But as you state it is the holiday season so I'll be the first to bite just for the fun of it though April 1st is a wee bit off.

Which police department bought these knights in shiny armour and what was the dealership name and location. Can your 'friend' look at the work orders and get the license plate numbers of said Sir's and you advise us, lest the members accidentally race one of those abonimations in reverse. I think I occasionally use my rear wiper blades to remove those drones from my mirrors.

Bovis Firmus comes to mind but if you are serious my apologies smile . But you did make laugh. laugh

Happy New Year

Cheers Tony

The old guy 91TSi FWD vintage
Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56599
December 28, 2003 01:16 pm UTC
December 28, 2003 01:16 pm UTC
Waterloo, ON
T
Tim Brown Offline
Tim Brown  Offline
T
Waterloo, ON
Well I've actually seen said car in the newspaper. And as all Urban legends there is a grain of truth to the story. Yes the Toronto PD did buy a few Civic SIRs their white (obviously) Their FOB'ed up body kits clear coners. Their quite riceish... BUT Their focus is not to entrap you while racing Its obvious from the picture I'm attaching you'd be pretty silly to race something that has "police" written on the side of it even if it was a Civic.... The car is to tour car shows and tell the you all thhe bad things that can happen when you street race blah blah blah...

I hope this ends the rumours but it shows urban legends are alive and well..

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/030213-23.htm

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56600
December 28, 2003 01:33 pm UTC
December 28, 2003 01:33 pm UTC
Markham
D
Dejan Nikolovski Offline
Dejan Nikolovski  Offline
D
Markham
At one point a black eagle talon TSI AWD with a sticker on the front windshield saying (AUTOSPORT) was supose to be a cop car. It was purchased from a dealer and one of the mechanics that saftied the car told me about it. The adress on the work order was a police station or something in those lines. I never saw this Talon in the kennedy/steeles area back when I use to spend my time at the "Milley's" donut shop. Although AUTOSPORT was a legit business that was ran at Silver Star Blvd. I use to buy things from there for my Civic, back in the days.

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56601
December 28, 2003 04:49 pm UTC
December 28, 2003 04:49 pm UTC
Toronto
D
Darko Miodrag Offline
ok wait, maybe I am
Darko Miodrag  Offline
ok wait, maybe I am
D
Toronto
This sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me, but if you don't participate in impromptu street races you won't have a problem. What's the big deal?

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56602
December 28, 2003 05:30 pm UTC
December 28, 2003 05:30 pm UTC
Burlington Ontario
Josh Stevenson Offline
Josh Stevenson  Offline
Burlington Ontario
I will have to agree with Darko... i can see this being a little bullshit! Sounds like someone made something up...
I herd there was one around my area, an integra.. Never seen it, and never herd anything or of anyone getting caught by it.
2Cents!!

But would that not be againt some sort or rights we have? Dont know much about the laws and rights as citizens or anything. But is this some sort invasiopn on some sort?

92 Talon- Project Betsey
91 civic SI- Good o'l winter beater
www.casualcustoms.ca - My rydes home away from home!
More recent pic's - http://www.casualcustoms.ca/projects/talon/gallery.html
Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56603
December 28, 2003 05:34 pm UTC
December 28, 2003 05:34 pm UTC
Markham
D
Dejan Nikolovski Offline
D
Markham
Darko, it probably was bull#$%@, but if you live in the kennedy/steeles area it's hard not to participate in a street race.

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56604
December 28, 2003 05:50 pm UTC
December 28, 2003 05:50 pm UTC
Burlington Ontario
Josh Stevenson Offline
Josh Stevenson  Offline
Burlington Ontario
Dejan-- alot of street racing?

92 Talon- Project Betsey
Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56605
December 28, 2003 06:55 pm UTC
December 28, 2003 06:55 pm UTC
Edmonton Ab
Jeff Carl Offline
Jeff Carl  Offline
Edmonton Ab
even if you got caught by the cops, isn't entrapment illegal? couldn't you fight that and win if you knew the civic was a cop? i don't know, maybe i'm dumb!

97' eclipse spyder
Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56606
December 28, 2003 07:18 pm UTC
December 28, 2003 07:18 pm UTC
Toronto, Ontario
Fai Lee Offline
Insane Member
Fai Lee  Offline
Insane Member
Toronto, Ontario
Originally posted by Dejan Nikolovski:
Darko, it probably was bull#$%@, but if you live in the kennedy/steeles area it's hard not to participate in a street race.
I don't think so. I drive in this area everyday. Just drive smart, stay cool if challenged by the others. It is always your choice to avoid street racing.

**The Rims & Tires guy**

Maxim Wheels
Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56607
December 28, 2003 08:30 pm UTC
December 28, 2003 08:30 pm UTC
Burlington Ontario
Josh Stevenson Offline
Josh Stevenson  Offline
Burlington Ontario
Fai- smart! I mean if you go em you go, if not you dont
purely your decision!

92 Talon- Project Betsey
Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56608
December 29, 2003 12:35 am UTC
December 29, 2003 12:35 am UTC
Toronto
D
Darko Miodrag Offline
ok wait, maybe I am
Darko Miodrag  Offline
ok wait, maybe I am
D
Toronto
Entrapment or not, you're being dumb by racing random people like that.

Regardless of whether what they're doing is legal or not, you'll still run the risk of having your car impounded and then having to wait months and months for a trial to clear your name... all for a dumb 10 second street race?

Who cares what tactics they're using. If you drive smart, you've nothing to worry about.

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56609
December 29, 2003 12:52 am UTC
December 29, 2003 12:52 am UTC
Woodbridge/Toronto
Frank Onorato Offline
Frank Onorato  Offline
Woodbridge/Toronto
The T.O. police are NOT buying cars and using them to race and charge.

The "pacer program" is NOT a police program.

The police in T.O. are simply aware of street racing but there is NOT an initiative or program at the present time to "target" street racing.

Other forces may be doing it(york etc) but not T.O.
As was stated earlier, there's too much other sh** going on in the city.

Just clearing things up. smile

94' Talon- sold
90' 300ZX TT
- the snyper has arrived
Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56610
December 29, 2003 01:38 am UTC
December 29, 2003 01:38 am UTC
Markham
D
Dejan Nikolovski Offline
D
Markham
Josh- no I don't street race with the talon much, but with my old car (civic) I use to do a couple of runs.

Fai lee- Do you drive around 12:30 1:00am on a summer night, and not get taunted by cars for a race? Also I have never seen your yellow Talon around that area. I live close to MaCowan and Steeles. I have been asked to race when driving my winter beater (cavalier). Any Civic out in that area will love to race a TEL. TEL's are like a trophy for civic's, that's if they win.
Alos Fai, has your talon always been yellow or did you recently paint it this colour.

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56611
December 29, 2003 05:23 am UTC
December 29, 2003 05:23 am UTC
Toronto, Ontario
Fai Lee Offline
Insane Member
Fai Lee  Offline
Insane Member
Toronto, Ontario
Dejan, I drove around almost every summer night with my yellow car.... yes I did got lot of challenged by other cars, but most of the time I just need to stay normal speed for a while (specially when my gf is on board), the other driver will know I'm not going to race, and that's it, nothing will happen. I think I have enough "speed" feeling at shannonville, I rather drive safe on street. (or may be I'm getting old? embarassed )

my car was painted almost a yr ago. smile

**The Rims & Tires guy**

Maxim Wheels
Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56612
December 29, 2003 05:46 am UTC
December 29, 2003 05:46 am UTC
Markham
D
Dejan Nikolovski Offline
D
Markham
Fai-Lee, the last couple of years I havent raced anyone infront of milleys. Too much cop attention. Also one of the reasons, my girl is right next to me. I think we are getting older. Back in the days I use to run some races, but not anymore. I have never gone to the track with the talon, but this year I will. See you on the road buddy. One day I'm sure we will see each other. I have a 95 TSI AWD Black with white rims. Take care.

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56613
December 29, 2003 11:04 pm UTC
December 29, 2003 11:04 pm UTC
Toronto,Ontario
Rafal Kuleta Offline OP
Serious Member
Rafal Kuleta  Offline OP
Serious Member
Toronto,Ontario
Well, I was just repeating what I had heard (though I did have a bit of alcohol beforehand so maybe a detail or two may have changed or something) pimp rotate

So I'm not entirely sure which region (TO, York, Peel) this may have been about. But I did hear that these were NOT the clearly marked PACER Civics.

Well ..true or not I'm just trying to give a heads up (as considering all the past incidents involving cops and modded cars around here, I wouldn't have put it past them to come up with something so extreme like this).

But it's good to hear that many of you don't street race. Well I don't either. But for those who occasionally post in the 'War Stories' section I thought I just might offer a warning.

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56614
January 07, 2004 08:52 pm UTC
January 07, 2004 08:52 pm UTC
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
T
Thomas Toth Offline
Insane Member
Thomas Toth  Offline
Insane Member
T
Toronto, Ontario,Canada
Originally posted by Dejan Nikolovski:
At one point a black eagle talon TSI AWD with a sticker on the front windshield saying (AUTOSPORT) was supose to be a cop car. It was purchased from a dealer and one of the mechanics that saftied the car told me about it. The adress on the work order was a police station or something in those lines. I never saw this Talon in the kennedy/steeles area back when I use to spend my time at the "Milley's" donut shop. Although AUTOSPORT was a legit business that was ran at Silver Star Blvd. I use to buy things from there for my Civic, back in the days.
Yeah and at one point a 92 Blue Hyundai Sonata with a Metalex sticker on the windshield was suppose to have been a cop too! AHahhahahahaha laugh laugh
So many people talk so much **** and embelish the story so much its not funny.

I was always at the races when Millies was big, me and my Datsun 280 zx laugh and only recall like a 90-91 black tsi AWD with silver bottom that was pretty quick. Well quick for back then i guess. He was showing off and thought he was fast.So he had his buddy race his car one night, i was the one who set the talon up for a race. Well i had a GN on my side that just destroyed this poor talon so bad that i felt bad for the Talon owner after cause people thought he was fast and then gets smoked by the GN haha. I made 10 bux on that race from the GN driver for hooking him up for the race. They raced for like 50 bux if i remember correctly. But this was like 10 years ago still.

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56615
January 14, 2004 04:53 am UTC
January 14, 2004 04:53 am UTC
Toronto
R
Robert Sothmann Offline
Robert Sothmann  Offline
R
Toronto
Actually, I met a cop that drives a Black 2g TSi.
Really cool guy. We were both at NoyzBoyz and he was just getting something done. He just got a 2.25 catback and we drove each others cars. His was nice and soft and civilized. Mine was noisy and harsh and spinning. Talked about being a car enthusiast and a cop at the same time. He's not on the traffic scene anymore. He's in Narcotics. Said that when he was though, he'd just sit and talk to the guys and then leave. If you're in a back road somewhere, and you just chill when they arrive they'll most likely go away.
This was a few years ago though. In any case, running for the hills is a bad idea.

Re: Cop modded Civics as bait for street racers #56616
January 18, 2004 06:10 am UTC
January 18, 2004 06:10 am UTC
Markham
D
Dejan Nikolovski Offline
D
Markham
"So many people talk so much **** and embelish the story so much its not funny."

Thomas Toth, I never said I saw that Talon, or did I embelish the story. And 10 years ago you werent at the milleys parking lot, you were at the Canadian Tire parking lot. Sweeping it. laugh