April 28, 2004 03:33 am UTC
April 28, 2004 03:33 am UTC
Niagara Falls Ontario
Vince Amato Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Vince Amato  Offline
Niagara Falls Ontario
Andrew was one of the first people I met on this board. I met him at my first yorkdale meet, I didn't know anyone and he came right up to me and introduced himself and a few others to me. He was extremly kind and made me feel like I fit right in.

I remember we all went up to lunch and I was kind of late getting my food. Everyone else left but Andrew stayed with me while I finished eating, and answered all my noob questions (at the time I knew nothing about DSM's). For someone to be that nice to a complete stranger really tells you what kind of guy Andrew really was and it really meant something to me.

I only met him in person a few times after that but in my eyes he was one of the good ones.

It's a shame someone like that has to be taken from us. Rest in peace Andrew.

91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 13.2 @ 105mph SOLD

http://1000q.dsm.org/
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57403
April 28, 2004 03:41 am UTC
April 28, 2004 03:41 am UTC
Toronto
Ronnie Fung Offline
Serious Member
Ronnie Fung  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto
My regards are sincerely given to his family and all the loved ones that feel the loss more than I ever could.

Rest.In.Peace.

-1986 Bastardized Mazda RX7
-2000 CBR 929RR (Street)
-2003 CBR 600RR (Track)
-2000 Chevrolet Xtreme
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57404
April 28, 2004 03:49 am UTC
April 28, 2004 03:49 am UTC
Salt Lake City, UT
S
Scharok Nieknam Offline
Insane Member
Scharok Nieknam  Offline
Insane Member
S
Salt Lake City, UT
Andrew was my first DSM friend after I bought my Talon.. even though I was a newbie and back in 98 he was one of the fastest guys, he took so much time to help me with my back then stock setup, installed my VPC, tuned my car, and he was always there even at 4 am with my questions...

I am very sad... Thomas told me about this, and it took me a while to collect my thoughts to be able to reply to this... the only comfort I have is I know he is in a better place, looking at all of us and family, and I am sure he wants us to know he is in a better place

My condolences to his family, friends, and those who knew him well here

He will be missed of course, but Andrew, if you are seeing this... you are a true gentleman, a friend and your thoughts will always be with us ... we will all join you where you are at some point, you left us sooner than we expected. Rest in peace my friend, and my prayers will always be with you and your family. I know you are in a better place!

Re: Very Sad Loss... #57405
April 28, 2004 04:13 am UTC
April 28, 2004 04:13 am UTC
GTA
D
denver naidoo Offline
denver naidoo  Offline
D
GTA
I as well did not know Andrew but after reading all your posts, i wish i did get to meet him. He seemed like a nice guy.

My condolences go out to his family & friends.

Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57406
April 28, 2004 04:57 am UTC
April 28, 2004 04:57 am UTC
Toronto
Robert Thompson Offline
Robert Thompson  Offline
Toronto
When Mike Cable and I started on.dsm.org, I had no idea it would take me so far and how many good friends it would hook me up with.

I meet AC, long ago, he was one of the first and always a friend to see at the Yorkdale meets. For the longest time, I could not remember his name, but I sure at sheet will remembered that smile.

I want to go on, but can't (I have erased way too many times)

This is way too hard for me..

I miss you my friend, so much

DAMN!

Robert Thompson
93 Talon TSi FWD
--------------------
? What's a UBB ?
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57407
April 28, 2004 05:43 am UTC
April 28, 2004 05:43 am UTC
Greely,Ontario,Canada
J
john armas Offline
john armas  Offline
J
Greely,Ontario,Canada
My condolences go out to his family,friends and to all who will miss him.
It is a terrible thing to lose a loved and cherished friend. My prayers go out to you.

May god rest your soul. angel

John

Re: Very Sad Loss... #57408
April 28, 2004 08:35 am UTC
April 28, 2004 08:35 am UTC
Ladysmith B.C.
Jeremy Clarke Offline
Serious Member
Jeremy Clarke  Offline
Serious Member
Ladysmith B.C.
Wow, I just happened to pop buy to see what's new here and read this sad news on the main page. I remember a few years back when I was here all the time Andrew was alway giving me good advice. Very sad to have this happen. It's very hard to understand these things.

www.westcoastdsm.ca
Come check us out
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57409
April 28, 2004 11:09 am UTC
April 28, 2004 11:09 am UTC
London, ON
Dennis Wong Offline

Serious Member
Dennis Wong  Offline

Serious Member
London, ON
What can I say that hasn't been already said? Everything above is all true. AC was one of the friendliest guys you'd ever meet. He'd always have a smile on his face when you would see him. He seemed to have such a zest for life. He obviously touched so many people in the relatively short time he spent on this Earth.

Although we didn't see each other very often, we would e-mail back and forth on occasion to talk about cars and life in general. My friend, I'll miss your smile, I'll miss your e-mails. I'll miss you. May you rest in peace. cry

DSMless...but you'll never get rid of me!
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57410
April 28, 2004 11:30 am UTC
April 28, 2004 11:30 am UTC
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Paul Petricca Offline
Serious Member
Paul Petricca  Offline
Serious Member
Hamilton Ontario Canada
I was just a newbie to the club back in '98 and "slowpoke" introduced himself to me at one of the meets and it made me feel a whole lot better.
He took a personal interest in everybody and their car. This is a sad loss indeed cry He had alot of *class* cool My deepest sympathies to AC's family and friends.

1991 Laser RS turbo
1993 Talon TSi AWD
http://www.infowars.com
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57411
April 28, 2004 12:13 pm UTC
April 28, 2004 12:13 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, but sounds like he was a good person! My condolences to the family!!

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57412
April 28, 2004 08:22 pm UTC
April 28, 2004 08:22 pm UTC
London
N
Nick Mihaljevic Offline
Nick Mihaljevic  Offline
N
London
That's terrible news...
I never had the chance to met him either, but like the many who didn't, wish that I had. It's always sad to see someone pass...especially someone young with a lot to live for. How old was he? Because from the picture he looks too young to be dying from a heart attack/stroke. This must have been totally unexpected. Makes you appreciate the time we have more, because you never know what a new day may bring. I think we should all stop and forget about the problems in our lives for a minute and smile for the many things we have been blessed with, just like Andrew would have, because that's what it's all about.

My condolences go out to his family, friends, and the members who knew him as well.

Rest in Peace.

1992 Talon TSi FWD- Parked
1992 Talon TSI AWD- Running, kind of.
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57413
April 29, 2004 01:00 am UTC
April 29, 2004 01:00 am UTC
Calgary
A
Arthur Lo Offline
Arthur Lo  Offline
A
Calgary
Wow, I'm shocked... although I sold my talon a while back, I remember his post were very helpful. My condolences to his family & friends

92 TSI AWD (sold)
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57414
April 29, 2004 01:39 am UTC
April 29, 2004 01:39 am UTC
Burlington, ON, CA
Rob Greer Offline
Serious Member
Rob Greer  Offline
Serious Member
Burlington, ON, CA
I met Andrew once at a Yorkdale meet. He seemed like a great guy as others have described.

My condolences go out to his friends and family.

New and improved - sporting 18% more
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57415
April 29, 2004 06:18 pm UTC
April 29, 2004 06:18 pm UTC
Markham
Lionel Chichioco Offline
Serious Member
Lionel Chichioco  Offline
Serious Member
Markham
For those that did not meet Andrew, here's a letter from one of his closest friends:
-----
For Andrew,

You've been there for me as long as I can remember. Fixing my car, pulling all nighters and making 4:00am runs to Home Depot for that screw or bolt we messed up.

You taught me everything I know and shared with me your views on life. Even in my dark times, you'd find a way to see the bright side and cheer me up. You'd always put everyone else's needs and concerns before yours. Honest, helpful, friendly, caring, cannot begin to describe you.

No more "B slapping" and " awwww c'mon how'd that happen ? " when my six year old cousins beat you in Halo, no more listening to me complain about the drivers in Markham and at Pacific Mall, no more cruising around in your car, no more " yeeeeah, riiiiight or niiiiiice" , no more will I see your brown hiking shoes, no more will I have someone to tease about their family hauler (Camry), no more will I see your big grin.......... you will be truly and deeply
missed.

I don't think that I'll ever meet someone like you again in my lifetime, you were without a doubt, one in a billion. I take comfort in the fact that I know you're at peace. No more
headaches, no more tests, no worrying about your cars, insurance or rising gas prices.

I will miss you Andy, my friend and mentor. Until we meet again,

Rest In Peace.

Your friend forever, Damien.
----

Lionel Chichioco
90 AWD/FWD Talon TSi
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57416
April 30, 2004 04:35 am UTC
April 30, 2004 04:35 am UTC
Chilliwack,BC
John Hartman Offline
Serious Member
John Hartman  Offline
Serious Member
Chilliwack,BC
holy crap frown

I've never met Andrew, but this sort of thing is a horrible.

My best to his family and freinds.

91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd
91 Eagle 2000 GTX AWD 5spd
Re: Very Sad Loss... #57417
May 01, 2004 06:43 am UTC
May 01, 2004 06:43 am UTC
T-DOT
W
Willie Sorenson Offline
Serious Member
Willie Sorenson  Offline
Serious Member
W
T-DOT
Damn It.

Why Andrew? He was such a cool guy to hang around with, always happy and made the meets so much more enjoyable for all. I always spent most of my time talking with him because he was so much more multidimensional than cars. We had conversations about all sorts of things life, relationships, politics, business...everything. An intelligent guy with loads of personality, the kind you could trust and rely on - which is so rare today. He was truly a rare individual. I am honored to have met him and regret not getting to know him better outside the club. Those types of health complications at such a young age? It just isn't right and would think this was something that was there always yet undetected. Still it just isn't fair for anyone but especially a positive member of society like Andrew.

Glad to see all of you ol'school guys on here despite the circumstances: Steve R,Chris H, Lionel, PPG, Andy and the whole crew been while eh? Take care of yourselves and your families and my deepest condolences to the Chin family.

R.I.P.

Re: Very Sad Loss... #57418
May 05, 2004 04:47 am UTC
May 05, 2004 04:47 am UTC
Royal Oak, MI, USA
E
Edwin Ho Offline
Edwin Ho  Offline
E
Royal Oak, MI, USA
It's the day before AC's funeral and it really hasn't sunk in that he's gone. His good spirit was nothing short of infectious.

Taken away from us far too early, he serves as a reminder that time with our loved ones is finite and shouldn't be squandered.

Andrew, you will truely be missed.

Ed.

Re: Very Sad Loss... #57419
May 05, 2004 09:19 pm UTC
May 05, 2004 09:19 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Andrew Bienhaus Offline OP
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Andrew Bienhaus  Offline OP
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Just a few images from the archives...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

May you always be at peace AC.

Andrew Bienhaus
Bring on the Cobras... she's hungry for snakemeat.
Page 2 of 2 1 2