May 09, 2000 06:03 am UTC
May 09, 2000 06:03 am UTC
Canada
T
Trevor Kuebler Offline OP
Trevor Kuebler  Offline OP
T
Canada
On the 90 Talon I just bought (For parts) it has a Clifford car alarm, and I have no idea how to disconnect it (Keeps going off whenever hood is closed, door closed, etc..) I there a "standerd" place for the backup battery or some sort of kill switch?

------------------
Trevor
90 Laser RS 1.8L
90 Talon 2.0L NT
"I almost beat the bicyclist!!"

Re: Clifford Car Alarm #9817
May 09, 2000 11:27 am UTC
May 09, 2000 11:27 am UTC
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K
Kevin Champoux Offline
Serious Member
Kevin Champoux  Offline
Serious Member
K
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
There should be a switch on the inside somewhere to turn the thing off. A simple on/off switch located somewhere the old owner could access it easily to turn it off when he needed too. Just look around the inside of the car to find it. Hope this helps...

Re: Clifford Car Alarm #9818
May 09, 2000 06:29 pm UTC
May 09, 2000 06:29 pm UTC
Canada
T
T
Canada
I tried looking around, but the only switch I could find was for the car starter. One other weird thing is that the LED that's supposed to flash ( I assume ) when the alarm is active doesn't flash at all ( And I know the alarm is active because I set it off about 20 times while working on the car ).

------------------
Trevor
90 Laser RS 1.8L
90 Talon 2.0L NT
"I almost beat the bicyclist!!"

Re: Clifford Car Alarm #9819
May 09, 2000 07:38 pm UTC
May 09, 2000 07:38 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, am I missing something, or is this just too obvious? How about disconnecting the horn?

------------------
Marta
dsmgrrrl@hotmail.com
90 Eclipse GSX
92 Talon TSi AWD

Re: Clifford Car Alarm #9820
May 10, 2000 07:36 pm UTC
May 10, 2000 07:36 pm UTC
Calgary, AB, Canada
S
Sean Costall Offline
Serious Member
Sean Costall  Offline
Serious Member
S
Calgary, AB, Canada
If it's aftermarket, it probably won't use the horn. There will be a separate siren somewhere, likely in the engine compartment. Still, the point is valid - if it's just a parts car, why worry? Clip the siren and let the battery run down. (I assume you removed the regular battery already.)

------------------
S.
1000 AAQ: 1000q.dsm.org
ECU Primer: members.home.net/costall/ECUprimer/index.html

S.
I know everything.
1000q.dsm.org
Re: Clifford Car Alarm #9821
May 10, 2000 11:37 pm UTC
May 10, 2000 11:37 pm UTC
Canada
T
T
Canada
I kinda wanted to transfer the alarm and the starter over to my Laser, is that possible?

Re: Clifford Car Alarm #9822
May 11, 2000 03:21 am UTC
May 11, 2000 03:21 am UTC
Montreal,PQ, Canada
R
Robert Brassard Offline
Robert Brassard  Offline
R
Montreal,PQ, Canada
On Clifford alarms, there's a valet switch
The emplacement of it could be about anywhere thieves won't find it (yar right)..
Usually installers put it under the driver kneepad, quite easy to find since without
the contact key that switch does nothing.
You say that you needed to disarm about twenty times, that's because the auto-arming is on. On my Clifford to disable the auto-arming you need to turn the key to ON and toggle the valet switch a certain number of times (4 If I remember well). But in your case, since that car is for parts, my advice is: Let's cut all the damn wires, pull all the alarm system crap out of the car and throw it in a box. Your worktime on the car will be much more quiet and when you'll be finish taking the parts you need, you do the same thing you did with the alarm system with the remaining of the car. Then you take the box with the alarm system(not the one with the remains of the car) and go to the closest audio and alarm shop and ask to install the clifford in your freshly repaired
car. They souldn't ask you more than 100$ to do it. The clifford's are really good alarm
systems: they have probably the best impact
sensors on the market so they don't start because of a truck coming by.

------------------
1993 Talon ES N/T
No turbo, but eh! love is blind.
brass@videotron.ca

1993 Talon ES N/T
rbrass@sympatico.ca
Re: Clifford Car Alarm #9823
May 11, 2000 03:26 am UTC
May 11, 2000 03:26 am UTC
Montreal,PQ, Canada
R
Robert Brassard Offline
Robert Brassard  Offline
R
Montreal,PQ, Canada
On Clifford alarms, there's a valet switch
The emplacement of it could be about anywhere thieves won't find it (yar right)..
Usually installers put it under the driver kneepad, quite easy to find since without
the contact key that switch does nothing.
You say that you needed to disarm about twenty times, that's because the auto-arming is on. On my Clifford to disable the auto-arming you need to turn the key to ON and toggle the valet switch a certain number of times (4 If I remember well). But in your case, since that car is for parts, my advice is: Let's cut all the damn wires, pull all the alarm system crap out of the car and throw it in a box. Your worktime on the car will be much more quiet and when you'll be finish taking the parts you need, you do the same thing you did with the alarm system with the remaining of the car. Then you take the box with the alarm system(not the one with the remains of the car) and go to the closest audio and alarm shop and ask to install the clifford in your freshly repaired
car. They souldn't ask you more than 100$ to do it. The clifford's are really good alarm
systems: they have probably the best impact
sensors on the market so they don't start because of a truck coming by.

------------------
1993 Talon ES N/T
brass@videotron.ca

1993 Talon ES N/T
rbrass@sympatico.ca