May 11, 2004 12:23 am UTC
May 11, 2004 12:23 am UTC
waterloo, ontario
S
Scott Farrell Offline OP
Scott Farrell  Offline OP
S
waterloo, ontario
ok i got around to trying to fix this stupid thing today.

This problem has been plaguing me for the past few months. My tail lamp fuse keeps blowing no matter what i do.

So, today i had some time and decided to tackle the problem. I tried everything and had no luck. The i took apart the bottom part of th dash and jiggled some wires. Then it started working. Then as i closed my hood, the fuse blew. I jiggled aorund some more wires and moved the car up and down and put a fuse in and it worked, then i backed the car up and it blew again, can somene PLEASE help me, this is rediculous.

Re: Tail lamp fuse #110594
May 11, 2004 03:19 am UTC
May 11, 2004 03:19 am UTC
Newmarket, ON, Canada
D
DOug Holden Offline
Serious Member
DOug Holden  Offline
Serious Member
D
Newmarket, ON, Canada
You've got a short somewhere under the dash. Open it up again, and find any wires that have exposed brass (the metal part of the wire, I can't find a better way to describe it....... well core of the wire I guess)
sorry, back to topic. find any wires that have an exposed core and wrap it in electrical tape. you may have a few wires that aren't attached to anything as well. Just cover the ends of those with elec tape. Hopefully that's all that's goin on, but I'm betting 99% that's the problem

Suckin' gas and kickin' ass!!
New and improved White 94 AWD
Re: Tail lamp fuse #110595
May 11, 2004 11:45 am UTC
May 11, 2004 11:45 am UTC
Beamsville, Ont, Canada
Steve Kinnaird Offline

Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Steve Kinnaird  Offline

Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Beamsville, Ont, Canada
If you have an aftermarket radio installed, that would be a good place to start looking for shorts.

Now, I'll have all kinds of time to talk about DSMs, because I won't be busy fixing mine!