December 01, 2004 05:20 pm UTC
Brampton Ontario
M
Mark Miller Offline OP
Mark Miller  Offline OP
M
Brampton Ontario
Wow, it’s really funny how races start now isn’t it smile

Here goes (first racing story ever so bare with me).

Just a while ago I dropped my wife off to work, and I started to make my way back taking the 427 North (towards Steeles), on my way I noticed a MKIII I think a 90-91 Supra (Turbocharged) in the rearview continuously high beaming me (so me being a nice guy , gets out of the passing lane). He is driving with one of his friends who looks at my car car and gives it a big thumbs down (I start to laugh; looking at a MKIII almost makes me sick to my stomach, there so ugly). I’ll point out that the Supra did have an aftermarket exhaust and was “venting” to the atmosphere (why I don’t know)

He then indicates to me (three fingers / honk) so obviously on the third honk we have ourselves a race!

I was in 3rd gear at approx 4k so the t04e was cough … ready). I surprisingly react faster then him on the go, and absolutely annihilate this guy; by 5th gear (which I was around 180 – 190 kmph) I honestly couldn’t see him in the rearview mirror. He then makes his way back (his friend is now laughing at him),

Then to my surprise a beautiful g35 (silver / grey) speeds up next to me (at this point the supra driver Is egging me on now to race the g35, well here we go again downshift into 3rd and I decide to take the initiative to start the race and punt it (he immediately reacts and starts to play the racing game). WOW , I don’t know if any of you other dsm board members have raced these g35’s but don’t they just sound great !, same story with the g35 by 5th gear his car was barely noticeable in the rearview (was not impressed by the g35’s performance).

Oh well, last race for the season time to put the cars away now !

Let me know what you think !

PS. I don’t encourage racing at all on streets , but I would like to point out there was literally no traffic !

PPS... Street racing doesnt feel the same anymore (I barely even cared after I had won, im getting very old)

Re: Annihilated a MKIII Supra + G35 #137441
December 01, 2004 11:57 pm UTC
December 01, 2004 11:57 pm UTC
Newmarket, Ontario
Daren Peacock Offline
Insane Member
Daren Peacock  Offline
Insane Member
Newmarket, Ontario
Ur right, man I love the sound of those G35's, to bad they weren't a little faster lol . Nice kills(s), thats 2 more for the good guys, so what mods are you running?

98 Eclipse GSX DSM82HTA
Re: Annihilated a MKIII Supra + G35 #137442
December 02, 2004 01:31 am UTC
December 02, 2004 01:31 am UTC
Kelowna,BC
Allan Brown Offline
Insane Member
Allan Brown  Offline
Insane Member
Kelowna,BC
Yeah a bit boring around here lately..ditto what are your exact mods..the g35 stock are like 285 hp and as for those supras thought they are 200 or so stock..? Course any car can be modded especially older ones and I agree those year supras are butt ugly.Of course everyone I think loves the last twin turbo supras and I actually think the mr2 turbo and supercharged were not bad looking cars depending on year of them.Some were ugly but think the turbo newer ones are pretty nice looking.

I am hoping to play with some neat stuff but first need a few more mods like fmic so can run my big turbo at where it should be at.

And hey street racing is old as cars.It should be done as safely as possible and of course with minimal to zero traffic.And for sure am big time against it thru busy residential locations thats just plain stupid.But not all of us can just go to the track to race.Especially when its 100's of miles away.

Anyway lets here you full mod list.

1997 TALON AWD ,fully built 2.4,FP3065.

99TAWS6 427 Twin turbo,91 TALON race car,08 Z06.

Re: Annihilated a MKIII Supra + G35 #137443
December 02, 2004 02:23 am UTC
December 02, 2004 02:23 am UTC
Portland, OR
toddmeunier Offline
Serious Member
toddmeunier  Offline
Serious Member
Portland, OR
I have watched a mildly modded 1.8T Golf really walk a turbo G35 no problem at all. IMHO the G35/350Z's aren't fast at all. They look nice though.

90 Talon 10.089 @ 139.34
Mastah-tuned
TPG + Meth
Re: Annihilated a MKIII Supra + G35 #137444
December 02, 2004 04:56 pm UTC
December 02, 2004 04:56 pm UTC
Newmarket, Ontario
Daren Peacock Offline
Insane Member
Daren Peacock  Offline
Insane Member
Newmarket, Ontario
Originally posted by toddmeunier:
I have watched a mildly modded 1.8T Golf really walk a turbo G35 no problem at all. IMHO the G35/350Z's aren't fast at all. They look nice though.
According to carpoint their only 14.5 for the 350Z and 14.7 for the G35, look sweet but not fast.

98 Eclipse GSX DSM82HTA
Re: Annihilated a MKIII Supra + G35 #137445
December 03, 2004 03:03 am UTC
December 03, 2004 03:03 am UTC
Chilliwack,BC
John Hartman Offline
Serious Member
John Hartman  Offline
Serious Member
Chilliwack,BC
congrats on the kills smile

as for those Supra's I actually quite like them. The turbo ones are cool. Put a real intercooler in there, 1g bov, better piping, full exhaust and turn up the boost. Should be pretty cool for not too much money.

And I agree with the lack of stock power on the 350z and G35. The G is a heavy beast. Buuuut, put your car on a road course and the Z will own you unless your DSM is well modded suspension wize too.

91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd
91 Eagle 2000 GTX AWD 5spd
Re: Annihilated a MKIII Supra + G35 #137446
December 03, 2004 05:35 am UTC
December 03, 2004 05:35 am UTC
Ottawa, ON (Formerly Penticton...
D
David Sutton Offline
David Sutton  Offline
D
Ottawa, ON (Formerly Penticton...
Yea, the MKIII can be done right, although it's seen rarely in this form. I've seen some really nice Supras of that gen, usually white, dropped a bit, gunmetal w/ chrome lip, also a lip kit helps to add some flare to the overall body design. Basically, the motor speaks for itself. Although the car itself is heavy, and the cost of repair is fairly high, the block is strong enough, and it's easy enough to mod. It's almost as easy to mod as a DSM. Almost wink . But it's still a good base as far as a turbo rwd car goes.

G35 (or the Skyline GT350 as known in JAPAN!) and Z33 are just G rides made to be track performers if so needed (moreso the Z33 obviously). The block is fairly strong, and can be beefed up with some N/A mods. They actually take quit well to turbo kits, if done correctly. Plus, the G35 with the Wheels package, Brembos, and spoiler looks friggin' hot as hell. It's actually becoming the bandwagon G ride of the last few years.

_ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _ _
1992 Talon TSi AWD
FMIC, Greddy Type-s, 2G MAF
255lph Whinebro, freemods
Denso 550s, S-AFC
s16g @ 15 psi
Re: Annihilated a MKIII Supra + G35 #137447
December 03, 2004 07:46 pm UTC
December 03, 2004 07:46 pm UTC
Brampton Ontario
M
Mark Miller Offline OP
Mark Miller  Offline OP
M
Brampton Ontario
Hi Guy’s

Sorry for the lack of responses (I have been in and out of the hospital with my surgery).

Well first off, I should take back what I said regarding the MKIII Supra I do know a friend who owns a 90 MKIII and he installed I believe a “replica” Bomex kit, upgraded the suspension (dropped approx two inches) and slapped on some Konigs, and honestly it look’s like a great car (I guess I just got a little upset when I got the thumbs down ha-ha)

Ok well here goes with the modification list, the car I was driving was a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T (Front / Turbo)

-Complete Engine Rebuild (believe me it makes a difference)
-HKS 264/264 cams
-T04e 50 trim
-Supra MKIV Side mount
-Custom ic pipes flanged with turbo xs bov (hard pipes)
-660' injectors
-Walbro 255
-Custom 3 inch exhaust system / race pipe (some port work)
-Injen intake + fipk (kn)
-Pulleys
-boost / afc controller (obviously)

Few other items that I can’t think of off the top of my head.

The car pulls very strong on the highway and such, the only drawback I really have is with the fwd (it spins badly in 1st / 2nd I can control it well in 3rd).

Things im hoping to do once I get a little better include!

Front Mount Intercooler possibly (might just stick with the supra side mount)

Need a Transmission rebuild ASAP (could be just the driveline will see)

Would love to see some more motor work done possibly a 2.3 in the future

Im sure we will all have some more stories once the summer comes smile

Take it easy !

Re: Annihilated a MKIII Supra + G35 #137448
January 06, 2005 03:24 am UTC
January 06, 2005 03:24 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I remember I was taking my dads GS400 for a wash when all of a sudden, two ginos in a G35 6 speed pulled up beside me ( I found out it was a 6 speed because of the shifting afterwards). At the lights, he was reving like mad, I just give him a little smile and BOOM we both peel out. Soon as we both hooked, I had a car on him, when I shifted into 3rd (E-shift) I had two cars on him, and when we were done I had about 3 to 4 cars. I thought I was going to get smoked concidering the GS400 weighs in almost two tons ( 3800IBS). They sound good, but was disappointed in there straight line performance.