March 07, 2005 04:46 pm UTC
March 07, 2005 04:46 pm UTC
Whitby
B
Brad Parsons Offline OP
Brad Parsons  Offline OP
B
Whitby
Hey..haven't posted in a while..so here goes.

The setting: Saturday night. - around 4am
401 - - - between ajax and scarborough (record time getting there by the way;)
BTW - i have a stock 1g, black, k&n filter, bcs removed.......middle grade petro....and that's it!!!plus i just hit 218,000kms on stock everything except for replacement stock clutch and tranny.
-Came up to a silver(i think) 2g, lowered, aftermarket exhaust, stock 2g rims.not sure if anything else was done to it.
-Hook line and sinker, we were pulling back and forth playing around.
1st time- he pulled away, i only dropped to fourth i think, he had some distance at first.
2nd time. i dropped to third, he dropped a split second after, pretty even but since i downshifted first, i had the advantage and he couldn't pass me.
3rd time - i downshifted to third but gave him some time and distance to hear me,(horn no workie) and he still couldn't pass me..but kept up really well.
Probably the most fun i've had in this car..what was fun, aside from the fact that two talons coincidentally meet up at 4 inthe morning..but the fact that it was really close. and it's fun just blazing down the highway together.
I don't know if the guy is from the board but ..kudos.. gave the thumbs up on both sides.
oh and btw...if you are on this board...thanks for being aware of that unmarked beside us..i would have lost my licence for sure... wink

Brad

Black 93 Talon TSI AWD
Free Mods, K&N,strut bar.
Want the Big 16G, but my 14B won't quit.

Keep your mind on your money and your money where your mouth is!
Re: 1g vs. 2g ===401 fun. #137515
March 07, 2005 08:31 pm UTC
March 07, 2005 08:31 pm UTC
NiagaraFalls, ON
Paul Bratina Offline
Insane Member
Paul Bratina  Offline
Insane Member
NiagaraFalls, ON
I've owned a DSM for about 10 years now (my current one is my second) and in that time I've had my fair share of "races". I think I can say that undoubtably the most fun I ever have is when I race a fellow DSM. They're always done in good fun with no egos popping up to spoil things. Unfortunately, they just don't occur often enough. I think I've only encountered 3 or 4 in the proper circumstances. Of course, I've seen many more than that in non-suitable circumstances (heavy traffic, inclement weather, etc.). Anyway, just thought I'd chime in with some similar pleasant memories.