I'm really glad this section exists. I've felt, for a long time now, that some kind of mechanism, where potential buyers or sellers can inform themselves about the other, would be extremely useful. I was planning on posting some sort of rambling oration extolling the virtues of such a forum, but I just kept perpetually putting it off.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions and assumes my opinion springs from a sale/purchase gone awry; let me state, for the record, that this is not the case. I've made several purchases from individuals on this Board and have never had a problem with any of them. Some of the purchases have been the "in person" variety, but I've also made several "sight unseen" purchases. As I said, no probs. I've also sold a few items to fellow Board members. Again, no probs.

However, having said all that, I've always felt that some kind of Good Guy/Bad Guy forum would be very, very useful. I realize such a system has the potential to be abused; but imperfect though it may be, I feel its merits justify its existence. A hearty thanks to the forum moderators. I only hope this resource is not abused and that it becomes a permanent fixture on the Board.

Okay, I'll shut up now. smile