June 30, 2003 06:32 pm UTC
June 30, 2003 06:32 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Funny thing is, that a while back Chris Rees said it was sent by regular mail, since Josh was not in a hurry.....so here you are showing the paperwork for the original package, and trying to pass it off as the money order....and still no copy of the actual money order....the bullshit is getting so deep here it is time to get out of rubber boots and into hip waders....and not sure how much longer I can stand this stink!!

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Chris Rees #149456
June 30, 2003 07:44 pm UTC
June 30, 2003 07:44 pm UTC
Burlington Ontario
Josh Stevenson Offline OP
Josh Stevenson  Offline OP
Burlington Ontario
I see were you going with this ziggy!!
This is why i would never be a lawyer

92 Talon- Project Betsey
91 civic SI- Good o'l winter beater
www.casualcustoms.ca - My rydes home away from home!
More recent pic's - http://www.casualcustoms.ca/projects/talon/gallery.html
Re: Chris Rees #149457
July 02, 2003 04:29 pm UTC
July 02, 2003 04:29 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Andrew Bienhaus Offline
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Andrew Bienhaus  Offline
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Chris/Shane/Rees Family - If you can provide a scanned copy of the Money Order receipt, I will publically clear your name for you.

Is this possible?

If so, please click the email link at the top of my message here, and email it directly to me.

Thanks...

If not, this thread will have to remain closed, as it stands now... and no one looks very good. frown

Andrew Bienhaus
Bring on the Cobras... she's hungry for snakemeat.
Re: Chris Rees #149458
July 02, 2003 07:54 pm UTC
July 02, 2003 07:54 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Andrew Bienhaus Offline
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Andrew Bienhaus  Offline
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Ok, well I've had a few opinions come in by email today about this topic, and I am about to draw a conclusion, just so that anyone else who reads this might learn something.

Based on everything I have seen, I'd say there were faults on both sides.

The single largest problem, is that the paper trail is lacking.

I posted once about issuing puchase orders and invoices to people for buying/selling products, and I know I got a few laughs out there from you guys, but I stand by that.

Here's a quote I got in that summs it all up not too badly:
"I don't think either are lying. I think it got send unregistered and was lost, or was sent registered and signed for by someone else, (or sent unregistered to the wrong address), or somehow bypassing Josh, at his home or dad's business. At worst, it's gone - at best, Josh did get it but somehow was never made aware of the fact. Personally, I think it's gone."

That is the bottom line, it's gone.

How would a paper trail have helped this?

Well, it would have established a few facts up front, that would then have never become a point of contention.

A purchase order establishes in writing:
- item being bought, down to the last detail
- shipping method
- who is responsible for shipping costs
- who is responsible for duties and taxes (if applicable)
- where the responsibility changes hands (often refered to as the FOB point) - ie: if it's FOB at my house, then it's not my problem until I sign for it at my front door.
- insurance for shipment
- PAYMENT terms
- PAYMENT amount
- refund/return terms
- shipping address
- mailing address (for billing or refund purposes)
- etc, etc, etc.
And the list goes on...

But, I think if we all read back, we can see where a bit more paperwork would either have left Josh with a place to fight from, or left Chris with a leg to stand on.

Or, left both completely happy, and we never would have heard of any of this.

Follow? smile

Lastly, and this one is directed squarely at Chris... take care of your own business, and don't EVER throw out the back half of a money order. It's the only thing that makes it better than sending cash.
Without keeping the receipt, you have mailed cash, and that is irresponsible. annoy

In all cases, people should also take MUCH BETTER care of their own deals. To leave such things in the hands of Dad/Sister/Mom/Brother/Dad's Business, etc, is just looking for trouble.
If you had the time to put something up for sale, or invest the time in buying... be prepared to close out all details of the sale (and I mean ALL POSSIBLE DETAILS) on your own.

Example: I only just got around to selling a Pro-M MAF on eBay, that I had sitting in the garage for over 3 years... because I didn't have the free time that it needed to do the job right.

Anyhow, enough said... and hopefully everyone learns a bit from this.
And no, I am not preaching because I am some godlike perfect being, but simply because I've now seen this happen enough times on here, to pick up a thing or two. laugh

Andrew Bienhaus
Bring on the Cobras... she's hungry for snakemeat.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3