Tom Whelan  Offline OP
T
Ottawa
ASC Racing
11076 Swan Cres
Surrey, BC
Tel: 604-587-3227
Fax: 604-587-3226

I dealt with Adam Zasada (I htink that his last name).

I bought an HID kit off of him as many people who saw me over the summer will know. 1 of the ballasts had a hard time turning on. End of August, I called this guy and asked for warranty as 2 others in our group buy had the same thing happen to them and Adam did help them out. I removed them and then sent them to him.

4 weeks go by and I receive nothing. I call him, he said he never got them. He called the shipping company and they tried to deliver them, he was not around so they kept them at their warehouse. He got them delivered and said 2 weeks new ones will arrive.

3 weeks go by and nothing. He said they must of messed up, he will send them again. 3 weeks go by and still nothing. I call him, he says he never sent them as he was hoping the others would of arrived and he will send them rush. I said no problem, I just want them.

3 weeks go by....see where I am going with this. Long story short, from August to December I have had no luck in getting my warrantied parts sent to me.

Turns out my uncle was heading to Surrey on business beginning of December so he said he would pick the parts up for me. I called Adam and he said he would drop them off at the company where my uncle was going.

My uncle picks them up, brings them back to me and it was my old non functioning ones. He did not warranty them like he said he would back in August but sent my old ones back to me. Was everything he was saying a lie about shipping them to me? Why would he bother saying that instead of being up front with me? More people would appreciate being told there is no warranty or I have no intention of helping you than being messed around with like that. So I now have spent $600 to have a useless light kit.

Just beware of his business dealings. Prices may be good but when he will not honour what he sells, it is not worth it. I just do not want this to happen to anyone else so do not say I did not warn you.

I was the most diplomatic, understanding person and I never raised my voice at all. Always in agreement with what he told me so I know it is not my attitude that made him go that way unless of course being nice back fired and he took advantage of it. Regardless, just be cautious. Tell everyone you can.

If you happen to know him, find out what happened. Maybe even get me atleast 1 working ballast as only one is not working.

Thanks

Tom (no lights) Whelan

Re: Surrey B.C car enthusiasts BEWARE #150064
January 18, 2004 11:24 pm UTC
January 18, 2004 11:24 pm UTC
Toronto
Matt Polese Offline
Serious Member
Matt Polese  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto
Did you send them for warranty under his courier account or yours? Also which courier company was used?

I've been in a shipping manager for 5 years, and the first thing that I'd do if s/he said. "sorry, have not got them yet" Use the tracking number to locate the parcel and get a proof of signature.

However sometimes, a courier company will not get a signature and just leave the parcel on the door step. In these cases, file for insurrace value.

True some people have bad ways of doing business, and thanks your the warning.

Cheers,

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - R.I.P
2004 Suzuki Verona - R.I.P
Streamline Towing Ltd - President