Binbrook, Ontario
Andrew Bienhaus Offline OP
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Andrew Bienhaus  Offline OP
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Binbrook, Ontario
I'll be brief...

A number of years ago, I paid Marco $600 to have my head ported, while it was off the car, at his shop.

It's right on the invoice, I still have it.

Today, the intake was off, and the head looked stock.
So I pulled the exhaust manifold off... stock too.
No porting.

Guess he thought I'd never see it... frown

Guess that makes me the sucker.

Andrew Bienhaus
Bring on the Cobras... she's hungry for snakemeat.
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151719
October 07, 2005 05:02 am UTC
October 07, 2005 05:02 am UTC
GTA
Tim Grechin Offline
Tim Grechin  Offline
GTA
I think you should 'kindly' bring it back to him and try to sort it out. It might not be 'Marco.' It might be an old mechanic and maybe he'll try to help you out for what you paid for.

11.254@132.14MPH - Tractionally impaired
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151720
October 07, 2005 05:25 am UTC
October 07, 2005 05:25 am UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
No point.
The work is only about 3500km old, but it was over 4 years ago.

It was definite, and it was Marco.
It was "supossedly gone to the porting shop" for about a week and a half.

So, either he did it, or the porting shop did it, but in either case, he was the guy in charge.

It's sad.
Because the intake was off to have welds of Marco's repaired when I saw it, and the same thing now with the exhaust housing and wastegate. (WG physically dropped off the car, due to "pretty" but insufficient weld)

Again, I agree, right thing is to take it to him to fix... but that's not going to happen.
People just need to be aware, unfortunately.
frown

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151721
October 07, 2005 05:35 am UTC
October 07, 2005 05:35 am UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Hey, on a lighter note... when you real think about it, I did get "ported"... wink

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151722
October 07, 2005 05:53 am UTC
October 07, 2005 05:53 am UTC
GTA
Tim Grechin Offline
Tim Grechin  Offline
GTA
That really sucks. That's basically the number one reason I never give my car anyone to work on.

I always have 2 DSMs on the fleet so when one goes down, I drive the other until I fix the primary one.

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151723
October 07, 2005 11:00 am UTC
October 07, 2005 11:00 am UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
Originally posted by Andrew Bienhaus:

So, either he did it, or the porting shop did it, but in either case, he was the guy in charge.

It's sad. ....People just need to be aware, unfortunately.
frown
I said that a long time ago for the same kinda less than professional work. A shop with a fast track car keeps all the wannabees lined up with no questions asked....you dont always get what you paid for. Once the schmuck figures it out it doesnt matter because there are two more waiting.

Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151724
October 07, 2005 12:40 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 12:40 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
I suppose that makes me the schmuck. frown

Well, at the very least, Marco owes me the $600 I guess...

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151725
October 07, 2005 01:18 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 01:18 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
Hey join the club I took the ride as well but it was only a clutch. I only get burned once so hopefully others will either be demanding aholes to get what they pay for or find a shop that values their customers.

Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151726
October 07, 2005 01:25 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 01:25 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen here, Andrew

Just because you cannot distinguish a ported head from a stock one, don't come on here saying I ripped you off.

The head was ported by Canadian Speed and machine.

You can Ask Arnel, he installed it.

I've had enough of Mister Club DSM Canada trying to destroy my business, and I won't tolerate these unsubstantiated attacks.

And Jerry that goes for yousrelf as well, in this situation I may give Andrew a little leeway becuase he is definetely not a professional and probably couldn't tell the diference. But you are an asshole, with no social skills, who jumps at any chance defame my company.

That is my rebuttal. If you have any further problems with me, maybe you could behave like real men, and you could take it up with myself personally, instead of the rest of the internet.

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151727
October 07, 2005 01:35 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 01:35 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
Marco that what you get when you screw a customer...bad press. Thats okay you have some more schmucks lined up.

I took it up with you personally and paid to have your sloppy unprofessional work redone by a professional. I PAID for the right to say what I have to say so if you dont like it then do good work. Period.

Your mech made a greasy mess of my car, installed the throwout that I supplied without lubricating it (pocketed the one from the kit), didnt machine the flywheel (because you dont have to do that when you install a 2100), and left all the clamps off of the intake hose. Those are the things that I know for sure and cant prove that he f#cked the rear seal.

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151728
October 07, 2005 02:00 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 02:00 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally posted by Jerry Rose:
Marco that what you get when you screw a customer...bad press. Thats okay you have some more schmucks lined up.

I took it up with you personally and paid to have your sloppy unprofessional work redone by a professional. I PAID for the right to say what I have to say so if you dont like it then do good work. Period.
Wrong, you don't pay for the right to complain, nor do you have the right to complain about your experience with me everytime someone says "Magnus"

You are what we like to call in the industry a problem customer, as we can see by your ability to post on the same subject countless times.

You say I am unprofesional, yet I have been in business over ten years. Magnus, and myself are a recognised industry leader in my field, which just happens to be your "hobby". So if you could, please, look at the irony in your statement. The way you continue to handle your little personal vendetta with Magnus online, is the epitome of 'unprofessional'

Originally posted by Jerry Rose:

Your mech made a greasy mess of my car, installed the throwout that I supplied without lubricating it (pocketed the one from the kit), didnt machine the flywheel (because you dont have to do that when you install a 2100), and left all the clamps off of the intake hose. Those are the things that I know for sure and cant prove that he f#cked the rear seal.
I really don't have the time for this but I would like to prove how little you know about cars once and for all, that way anybody who hears your little rants can make their own decision.

You say my mechanic installed the throwout bearing you supplied without lubricating it, yet he pocketed it? hmmm, I'm not from CSI, but how could it be installed if it was in his pocket.

I'm sure a internet keyboard e-mechanic hobbyist like youself can tell me when or when not to machine a flywheel, in my experience, I'll bet you couldn't.

Your clamps were missing? Not my problem.

And finally how in the hell do we ruin the rear main seal if we didn't remove the flywheel?

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151729
October 07, 2005 02:02 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 02:02 pm UTC
Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
M
Michael Zeppieri Offline
Serious Member
Michael Zeppieri  Offline
Serious Member
M
I can attest to the work and the service that I received from Magnus. One time, I bought a motor from Marco, with Marco only as a middle man, and the head was bad. The seller couldn't provide a replacement head, and Marco looked around for me. He couldn't come up with one, so HE gave me the money to get it replaced on my own, because the transaction went through him and he felt responsible for it.

I have had a lot of work done there, and I have never been ripped off. If something wasn't right, it was fixed, right then and there. When custom/performance work is done, sometimes it's a trial and error process. We all know that, it happens, even when we do the work ourselves. There are a lot of guys, the majority, on this board and other boards who are quite satisfied with the work and service received from Magnus. You can't always make everyone happy though. For me, when things occasionally go bad, I like to deal with the guy I gave the money to, personally. Marco's not the type of guy who will kick you out of his shop and tell you to fcuk off. There's always something to work out before we go off on internet rants. At least, that's the way I like to deal with things, and low and behold, I don't feel like I've ever been ripped off. Co-incidence?

2004 BMW M3 SMG Convertible
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151730
October 07, 2005 02:25 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 02:25 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
Marco I bought a OEM throwout from Team Chrysler and brought it with me, the clamps where there but not tightened as in your mech forgot to.

So a stock flywheel with 170K on it that has outlived several clutches is to spec for an ACT 2100, ok then YOU are the pro. How did the mech put it "nah it looks ok".

Rear seal..said I couldnt prove it but hey if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then, well , you know.

You do business on the internet, and get business from the internet. I am guessing you dont say hey did you hear good things about me from the internet so I cant take your money. Well an informed consumer will take the good and bad and make their own decision right. Thats their choice but if someone asks me I will not send them your way...thats how it works my friend. I talked to you personally as soon as I got home from your shop. The rest was found soon after. when the car was on the hoist.

I have also posted in your support but I guess you dont read those ones eh. No ranting here Micheal, you can check other posts for that.

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151731
October 07, 2005 02:35 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 02:35 pm UTC
Toronto
R
Rick Inacio Offline
Rick Inacio  Offline
R
Toronto
Well I did bring my Elantra (4g63) there a few years back and BROKE Marco's balls to put in my AEM cam gears. (I was a car ROOKIE) After telling me 23694 times that he is busy and has no time for it, Marco took some time on a saturday and asked me to come in on a saturday morning.

That saturday monring Marco did what he told me and that was to bring in my car. We talked and joked around for a while. and shoot the #$%@.

I was glad he did do some work on my car and talked to him a few times at the track.

Cool guy in my books!!!

94 Elantra w/ 4G63T 6bolt swap T3/T4 50trim Turbo, Wiseco Pistons, 4 MSD coils w/DIS-2, 272s cams, AEM cam gears/Fuel Rail/UFPR, Magnus In/Manifold, FMIC,Ferrea full valve set, Tial 35mmWategate/exhaust manifold + ALOT MORE...
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151732
October 07, 2005 02:43 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 02:43 pm UTC
Toronto
R
Rick Inacio Offline
Rick Inacio  Offline
R
Toronto
Also before I was on this site, I was looking for small parts for my 4g63.
Marco took time and went to look around for me and found what I needed. (free parts)

HOPE IS STILL HAS MY LIC.PLATE IN THE FRONT DOOR

*4G63 PWR*

94 Elantra w/ 4G63T 6bolt swap T3/T4 50trim Turbo, Wiseco Pistons, 4 MSD coils w/DIS-2, 272s cams, AEM cam gears/Fuel Rail/UFPR, Magnus In/Manifold, FMIC,Ferrea full valve set, Tial 35mmWategate/exhaust manifold + ALOT MORE...
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151733
October 07, 2005 03:01 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 03:01 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
Oh P.S this isnt a hobby for me. I have been driving and maintaining my Talons for 14+ years, a few more years than you have been around. These cars have been and are year round daily drivers with hundreds of thousands of k's combined.

I dont care about my E.T.s, flow rates, hp from stickers or if I can rebuild a head because I take care of my car and enjoy driving it. I have also spent lots of hard earned cash keeping it in good shape so if my comments save someone else some cash and or headaches then its all good so get used to it. I have as much right to state my opinion when, where and however often I like as you do to deny on the internet....its serious business you know.

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151734
October 07, 2005 03:31 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 03:31 pm UTC
GTA
Tim Grechin Offline
Tim Grechin  Offline
GTA
Instead of internet bitching, call him up. Explain the situation and see if you can show him what you are trying to question. Marco's resonable but I'd be pissed off too if you started a bad guy post before you spoke with me.

I've never had a bad experience with Magnus. That's how it goes for me.

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151735
October 07, 2005 03:42 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 03:42 pm UTC
Brampton, On
Mark PPG Scheitzbach Offline

Purple Boy
Mark PPG Scheitzbach  Offline

Purple Boy
Insane Member
Brampton, On
I will leave this thread unlocked because Marco is replying (Andy can unlock it to reply).

But the rest of you turkeys...this is not a thread you can all gangbang on with good or bad. If you have a gg/bg post for someone, start a new thread.

Own a BlackBerry?
Check out www.allaboutmybb.com
Twitter @allaboutmybb

Twitter @MarkPPG
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151736
October 07, 2005 03:50 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 03:50 pm UTC
M
Michael Zeppieri Offline
Serious Member
Michael Zeppieri  Offline
Serious Member
M
Mark, I see your point. BUT, if this isn't a subject to be discussed, why did Andrew post it here?

2004 BMW M3 SMG Convertible
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151737
October 07, 2005 03:55 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 03:55 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jerry,

I don't conduct business on the internet, I am not an E-shop, as you have incorrectly stated. I conduct business behind 4 walls, my address and contact details are stated clearly on my website.

You can cry forever (which you do on here any chance you get) but unfortunately sir you are wrong. A flywheel with no runout after 170,000kms is a testament to good driver. But in this case you insist that because you "read it on the internet" we are not qualified to work on YOUR talon or make these judgment calls.

Let me put it to you bluntly, because you are severely testing my patience:
-You are not a mechanic, you are a hobbyist
-Driving your own car does not make you an expert on cars.
-Your "opinion" vs that of an qualified mechanic holds no weight anywhere.
-Therefore you comments are not accurate nor are they appreciated.
-Your claims are unsubstantiated.

" A shop with a fast track car keeps all the wannabees lined up with no questions asked....you dont always get what you paid for. Once the schmuck figures it out it doesnt matter because there are two more waiting. "

This is not the way I run my business, and I resent the fact that you would even post this on a public forum. I race my car for my personal pleasure with my personal money.

The fact that you come and voice your "opinion" on an internet forum, in order to defame me and my business, instead of facing me man to man shows what kind of low life you really are.

If a customer has a complaint they come settle it with me before they take it to the forums. If you chose to handle it in your silly form of street justice, expect no sympathy from me. A man knows how communicate with people and come to an agreement when there is a discrepency. Children settle it differently, they will go out and tell all their friends not to hang with that guy at lunchtime.

I never post in response to these things, because if someone didn't take it up with me first and came straight to here in hope of a response from me, then they handled wrong and they don't deserve my response. But in your case Jerry I cannot stand to listen to you any longer. Every few months I get an email informing me that you are flapping your lips in the wind again.

Unfortunately your childlike behaviour warrants that you be treated like one, Had you behaved like a human being and not thrown around accusations like you are doing on this forum repeatedly. I am sure any of my employees, or myself would have been more than happy to help sort out your complaints, as I have many times before and as people have mentioned in this thread.

I chose to not respond to your allegations previously online because that is not how I do business. But I have had enough of your whining, and am asking you to immediately do us all a favour and quit your whining, before It gets very ugly. Finally before you get all excited and want to type something back split up into 3 posts, prefaced with a PS or maybe even a PSS, I will refer you to paragraph three of this post, read it to yourself slowly five times then resist the kneejerk reaction to wildly flail away on the keyboard.

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151738
October 07, 2005 03:56 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 03:56 pm UTC
Ottawa, Ontario
Scotty Williams Offline
Serious Member
Scotty Williams  Offline
Serious Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Andrew,

Are you able to compare your head to a nonported one or are you just 'eyeballing' it?

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151739
October 07, 2005 04:12 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 04:12 pm UTC
Toronto
R
Rick Inacio Offline
Rick Inacio  Offline
R
Toronto
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151740
October 07, 2005 04:14 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 04:14 pm UTC
Toronto
R
Rick Inacio Offline
Rick Inacio  Offline
R
Toronto
I think Andrew should take a trip to the shop and have a word with Marco.

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151741
October 07, 2005 04:15 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 04:15 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
This is what first got me checking.
[Linked Image]

This is exactly what my intake side of the head looks like.

I looked twice at it, and did some comparative measurements, aligning bolts, to ports, to holes, etc.
Mine is just like this.

The exhaust side, was more obvious, as the 2G manifold is ported. So there were lovely black rings (carbon deposits) around each port, measuring 1/4"-3/8" of an inch, all the way around the opening.

And yes Marco, I understan that a 2G head doesn't look like a 1G head, and that I shouldn't expect it to... but I also shouldn't expect it to come up looking as stock either.

I'll get out the bore gauges again, if you'd like...

I think people may be misunderstanding here.
I'm not angry, I'm actually quite sad. frown
Disappointed.

I've bit my tongue, and swallowed hard, on a lot of things over the years, but I just couldn't leave this one alone.

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151742
October 07, 2005 04:18 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 04:18 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Rick, there is no point.
It was 4 or 5 years ago.
I'm just discovering it now.

Marco doesn't want to see me, and frankly I'm not sure I want to see him either.

People just deserve to know, and that's what this forum is for.

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151743
October 07, 2005 04:22 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 04:22 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
1.050 high, 2.150 long (intake)

exhaust side is similar, but slightly taller, and a bit narrower.

anyone else have a stock one they can measure?

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151744
October 07, 2005 04:24 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 04:24 pm UTC
Toronto
R
Rick Inacio Offline
Rick Inacio  Offline
R
Toronto
You do have a point Andrew.

This Topic is good/bad guy

And if you think he is a bad guy then yo have all the rights to post here

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151745
October 07, 2005 04:27 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 04:27 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Intake is back on now though, so it will be harder to double check.
But those are the numbers I wrote down.

Exhaust side is still off, having the manifold shaved flat.

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151746
October 07, 2005 04:29 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 04:29 pm UTC
Aurora, Ontario
Eric Lang Offline
Serious Member
Eric Lang  Offline
Serious Member
Aurora, Ontario
I`m not an expert on porting heads by any means,but maybe the angles were cleaned up. The reason why the ports were not opened up is to retain a smooth constant velocity of airflow.

50 Trim Bolt-on
11.79@118 MPH

60-1 Trim Bolt-on
11.79@123 MPH

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151747
October 07, 2005 04:33 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 04:33 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Bore gauges went home with Dad last night, but can get them back again, if more accuracy is needed.

Marco is now (very nicely) explaining porting theory to me by ICQ...

So, maybe I am wrong to expect to see any visible changes on the openins of the ports.

But every before and after shot I have ever seen, leads me to believe otherwise.

You guys tell me. smile

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151748
October 07, 2005 04:50 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 04:50 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Eric... I hear you.

But if that were the case, how is the airflow smooth and undisturbed, if it goes from an oversize sheet metal intake runner, and then hits a sharp, hard, corner step, before it can go into the head?

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151749
October 07, 2005 05:05 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 05:05 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Ok, I have come up with one possibility.

If the porting shop, thought the car was going to have stock intake manifold, and stock exhaust manifold on it, then the result makes some amount of sense. (ie: the bowls, angles, etc. -- the stuff you can't readily see, may have been dealt with, and they left the rest to match components that were expected to be connected)

Neither was the case, and both manifolds were on hand, in the shop, at the time.

So, perhaps there was a mis-communication between magnus and the porting shop.

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151750
October 07, 2005 05:24 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 05:24 pm UTC
Toronto
R
Rick Inacio Offline
Rick Inacio  Offline
R
Toronto
bring the head to the machine shop and ask them

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151751
October 07, 2005 05:26 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 05:26 pm UTC
Brampton, On
Mark PPG Scheitzbach Offline

Purple Boy
Mark PPG Scheitzbach  Offline

Purple Boy
Insane Member
Brampton, On
Rick, your posts are getting really annoying...

Michael, my opinion is if it didn't deserve a gg/bg post at the time, why jump in now?

Shop problems have gone on for years. People need to do a search to find all posts, good or bad.

Own a BlackBerry?
Check out www.allaboutmybb.com
Twitter @allaboutmybb

Twitter @MarkPPG
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151752
October 07, 2005 05:31 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 05:31 pm UTC
Toronto
R
Rick Inacio Offline
Rick Inacio  Offline
R
Toronto
well this is a post no?

your asking him to do a search and this is one

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151753
October 07, 2005 08:55 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 08:55 pm UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Talked to two perf shops, and one machine shop now today, and all agree that the ports on the head, should be matched at the very least to the device being attached to the head (manifolds), and the gasket involved.

Since those two items were available, and were both very much larger than what is there, we can draw only one of two conclusions:

1. Nothing was done.
2. Internal porting was done, but the actual ports were left untouched, as stumbling blocks, and bottlenecks.

Either way, it's just wrong.
I'm going to have it fixed.

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151754
October 07, 2005 10:33 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 10:33 pm UTC
Toronto, On, Canada
Dave Dziarmaga Offline
Dave Dziarmaga  Offline
Toronto, On, Canada
Originally posted by Tim Grech:
Instead of internet bitching, call him up. Explain the situation and see if you can show him what you are trying to question. Marco's resonable but I'd be pissed off too if you started a bad guy post before you spoke with me.

I've never had a bad experience with Magnus. That's how it goes for me.
I had a beef with Marco once about my pedal assembly, i paid 400 bucks to replace the worn parts with new ones and have it welded so it doesnt wear out. When i picked the car up it wasnt welded, by the time i got home it was worn out again.
I called Marco and he blamed it on crankwalk, i said bull****, he said unless you get a jdm engine from me and have it replaced i aint replacing that pedal assembly.
You call that being reasonable?

1993 Talon TSi AWD, if in doubt, increase boost.
I've got a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell! -Bruce Dickenson

for sale: my talon
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151755
October 07, 2005 10:42 pm UTC
October 07, 2005 10:42 pm UTC
Pickering, ON
Nick Boers Offline
Insane Member
Nick Boers  Offline
Insane Member
Pickering, ON
Talked to two perf shops, and one machine shop now today, and all agree that the ports on the head, should be matched at the very least to the device being attached to the head (manifolds), and the gasket involved.
That's not true. Parting out the manifolds and head surfaces to match the gasket simply creates a bubble. It goes from runner size to a larger openeing for thge gasket, back to runner size. This will actually slow it down.

For the intake port, the manifold opening should be the same size as, or slightly smaller than the the port in the head. The opposite is true for the exhaust. This way at each transition the area of the port steps up a tiny bit. This helps to prevent reversion of the flow.

Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151756
October 08, 2005 01:51 am UTC
October 08, 2005 01:51 am UTC
Binbrook, Ontario
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Facist Web Overlord GOB
Binbrook, Ontario
Agreed Nick... absolutely.
However, what we had here was a large manifold runner on the intake, meeting a physical STEP (as in square corner, not tapered, or cut at all) as it entered the head.

Exit side, same thing, but at least there it was stepping up to a larger space, and it wouldn't be as damaging.

Hey, it's nothing personal, it just wasn't done right.
That's the bottom line. smile

Andrew Bienhaus
Re: Marco/Magnus = Bad Guy? #151757
October 08, 2005 06:00 am UTC
October 08, 2005 06:00 am UTC
Bolton
Dean Boyle Offline
Insane Member
Dean Boyle  Offline
Insane Member
Bolton

Hey, it's nothing personal, it just wasn't done right.
That's the bottom line. smile
Ya.. and $600 later you got what exacly? Remind me never to pay $600 for not getting a port job.
:rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 1 2