March 26, 2006 03:57 am UTC
March 26, 2006 03:57 am UTC
NiagaraFalls, ON
Paul Bratina Offline OP
Insane Member
Paul Bratina  Offline OP
Insane Member
NiagaraFalls, ON
Hopefully everyone hasn't grown too weary of hearing another GG post about the Zigster. Those of you that have--well, get out of this thread and stop clogging up the airwaves!

Anyway, back to the post. As many of you are aware, Ziggy's main business is as an industrial-type machine shop. Accordingly, he has quite a number of various lathes, milling machines, etc. in his shop. On a number of occasions he has allowed me to use some of these machines to tinker around on various projects of mine. More often than that, however, he will actually take the time out of his busy schedule to man the machines himself and produce some goofy project of mine.

Anyway, one project of mine in particular was to make a rubber gasket for my fuel pump sending unit. (I have something of a custom setup and, as such, I cannot use the stock gasket). The challenge I was facing in making this gasket was how to cut it to the particular shape I needed. The finished project had to be a fairly perfect circular shaped deal with very little room for error on the OD. Cutting it out by hand with a knife (following some kind of a drawn pattern or maybe a stencil) I figured would give unsatisfactory results. Ziggy suggested the rubber could be sandwiched between two sheets of metal and the whole assembly could then be "machined" to size (on a milling machine). Well, to cut an already lengthening story short, he took the project on and, working well into the evening, produced a perfect gasket. As I said to Ziggy at the time, if we were keeping score on favours done, that one counts as a 2-point converted touchdown. He went well above and beyond the call on that one. And really, that's just one specific example of the many "good guy" contributions he's made. Btw, just to avoid Ziggy having to field various requests as a "gasket maker" I should say right here that this is not really an example of the kind of commercial work he does. So please don't contact Ziggy asking him if he can make a gasket for you. Of course, he does do quite a large variety of machine work and he would surely field any requests for legimate machining. Just contact him.

Anyway, I don't want to bore everyone here with my rambling, so I'll stop here. Once again, a big thanks to Ziggy. Incidently, I generally refer to Ziggy on the board as "the board's very own Ziggy" almost like he's a valuable resource available to the members. And, in a sense, that's what he is. And, I for one, appreciate the resource.

Re: Ziggy of RTM #152474
April 02, 2006 09:32 pm UTC
April 02, 2006 09:32 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Met Ziggy today at my house to pick up some rads. Very nice guy, a pleasure to do business with. Thanks again Ziggy,

Jesse

Re: Ziggy of RTM #152475
April 18, 2006 01:26 am UTC
April 18, 2006 01:26 am UTC
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Paul Petricca Offline
Serious Member
Paul Petricca  Offline
Serious Member
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Many thanks to Ziggy for allowing me use of his bandsaw and his help fabricating that bracket so I could complete the installation of my FMIC this past Saturday.

1991 Laser RS turbo
1993 Talon TSi AWD
http://www.infowars.com
Re: Ziggy of RTM #152476
April 21, 2006 02:46 am UTC
April 21, 2006 02:46 am UTC
Kelowna,BC
Allan Brown Offline
Insane Member
Allan Brown  Offline
Insane Member
Kelowna,BC
Well I have done a fair amount of business with Ziggy and plan to a do a lot more. Fact might just buy more dsms so I can do more business with Ziggy!!
Great competent service. No complaints..

1997 TALON AWD ,fully built 2.4,FP3065.

99TAWS6 427 Twin turbo,91 TALON race car,08 Z06.

Re: Ziggy of RTM #152477
April 24, 2006 03:49 pm UTC
April 24, 2006 03:49 pm UTC
Peterborough
kale mumford Offline
Serious Member
kale mumford  Offline
Serious Member
Peterborough
Agree with everything said about him being a good guy. I got a Turbo Timer Harness from him last week. It was shipped out right away and got it very quick. Will definetly do business with him again