Mississauga
J
josip mesic Offline OP
Serious Member
josip mesic  Offline OP
Serious Member
J
Mississauga
Just wondering if any one would like too move the June's Sunday Meet to Cayuga or to London they are having IMPORT SOCIETY IMPORTS ONLY DRAGS in stead of Yorkdale?

Just a thought

Re: June 4th DSM Meet #166830
May 05, 2000 03:08 am UTC
May 05, 2000 03:08 am UTC
Grimsby, Ontario
C
Craig Watson Offline
Craig Watson  Offline
C
Grimsby, Ontario
Hi Josip... I'm sure many have read this post, but no one has responded so I just want to quickly post this to provide closure of sorts.

the whole topic of moving times or locations for the Sunday 'lunches' has been beaten over again and again... basically, it's not really up to any one of us, or all of us for that matter, to move the meeting. It has been happening there since I believe, DSM Canada's (Southern Ontario's) inception; way longer than I've been a member. And since there are members that don't have constant internet access and others that just 'know' that the first Sunday of the month we meet at noon in the Yorkdale parking lot...to just move the meeting wouldn't be ethical.

it's a kinda simple subject, but one which has caused many heated postings (which is not what we want to see here)

so, I guess as for the long and the short of June 4th, it probably means a smaller turn out a Yorkdale.. [Linked Image]

------------------
93 Talon Tsi AWD
hookin up and headin out
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/1125/

93 Talon Tsi AWD

my website
Re: June 4th DSM Meet #166831
May 05, 2000 12:23 pm UTC
May 05, 2000 12:23 pm UTC
Mississauga
J
josip mesic Offline OP
Serious Member
josip mesic  Offline OP
Serious Member
J
Mississauga
Thanks for your input,
I appriciate the fact that some might not have the same leasurly access to the internet, one of the reasons for the early post was to give a month or so notice too those people and to have a discution regarding this subject matter.
I apriciate the fact that the meeting is a time hounoured tradition and in fact I enjoy Yorkdale. I recall last year and or the year before we all visited Etobicoke (Centenial Park)and there was more of a turnout there then we usually had at Yorkdale, not to say that there would be more or less in this instance.
I just thought I'd share an idea with the team and see who else would be interested in the idea.
Lets just remember that that this is an open forum, the post is under the test and tune heading, my opening sentance most likely was not worded correctly. It should of said who would like to go to the track on the 4th of June and not wove the meeting too the track, My applogies for that.

Regards,

Re: June 4th DSM Meet #166832
May 05, 2000 12:44 pm UTC
May 05, 2000 12:44 pm UTC
Onurmomstitties
Mike Jackson Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Mike Jackson  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Onurmomstitties
Given the choice of going to a meet or an import event... well I think I'll go a rac'n. Let the meet go on for those that can't make it racing... but you won't see me there that weekend if there's an import day at Cayuga.

------------------
Mike J

-Quadcylla-
92 Laser RS-T, FWD

Vortex Racing
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robin.jackson2/HomePage.htm
Alt Email: vortexracing@hotmail.com

1998 AWD 12.1@122 421whp -SOLD
Duck Dodgers = EPIC FAILZ!