May 06, 2000 08:51 am UTC
May 06, 2000 08:51 am UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hello, can somebody tell me what wire on the ecu is used for the o2 sensor when connecting the super AFC please. We are in australia and have downloaded the wiring diagram from the apex homepage but don't find it to be working properly, we have everything working but not this o2 sensor. Any help much appreciated thankyou.

Re: Air Fuel Ratio Wire #169015
May 06, 2000 01:08 pm UTC
May 06, 2000 01:08 pm UTC
Zephyr,Ont,Canada
C
Chris Holmes Offline

V8 owner
Chris Holmes  Offline

V8 owner
C
Zephyr,Ont,Canada
The O2 sensor isn't needed for the everyday use of the S-AFC. What I think you are talking about is called the blue wire "mod". If you hook up the blue wire from the S-AFC to the O2 sensor test point (passenger kick panel) you can put the S-AFC in "sensor check" and monitor the O2 voltages.

------------------
'91 Laser RS Turbo-"Sound Advice" guy.
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/5051
Turbo + Intercooler = The replacement for Displacement

'06 Magnum R/T (Yeah -it's got a HEMI!) Mods beginning!
Re: Air Fuel Ratio Wire #169016
May 07, 2000 03:30 am UTC
May 07, 2000 03:30 am UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

hi, thanks for replying....what i mean, is that the air fuel ratio option is not working in the Super-AFC....we noticed when looking at the apexi homepage for the eclipse, that the wires to use for the 2G were different to what was posted here in this section of the discussion board, (i think my friend said a pink or yellow wire?) were different. The air fuel ratio just reads zero, but everything else is working fine. Are you able to post here or email me, exactly what the colour of the apex wires you connected to the Car's wiring loom pleae? - we don't have any eclipse manuals here in australia as tehy aren't sold here, so would be very greatful if you could help. Thankyou.

------------------
Justin
< http://www.powerup.com.au/~xian >
(Soon to be) DSM Powered Generation 3, Hyundai Sonata.

Re: Air Fuel Ratio Wire #169017
May 07, 2000 07:24 pm UTC
May 07, 2000 07:24 pm UTC
Zephyr,Ont,Canada
C
Chris Holmes Offline

V8 owner
Chris Holmes  Offline

V8 owner
C
Zephyr,Ont,Canada
There must be some confusion here.. [Linked Image]
There is no option, as far as I know, to monitor the Air flow RATIO other than the blue wire mod I mentioned.
The only things monitored are Throttle position, RPM and Karmen Vortex count.
The "Air flow" wire mentioned on the S-afc site is the signal from the MAS. If you have a 2G the wiring diagram you use is the m3-a one and as far as I know is correct. There was a problem with the 1G version.
The air flow wire needs to be spliced (cut)into the ECU wire. Make sure you hook up the yellow wire to the piece attached to the ECU and the White one to the piece going to the MAS. If you spliced into the wire and got these wires wrong I don't think your car would run at all. You should see the Karmen counts increasing with throttle position.

------------------
'91 Laser RS Turbo-"Sound Advice" guy.
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/5051
Turbo + Intercooler = The replacement for Displacement

'06 Magnum R/T (Yeah -it's got a HEMI!) Mods beginning!