Rate Thread
diy install giude for afpr #174631
July 27, 2004 09:40 am UTC
July 27, 2004 09:40 am UTC
toronto
julio rodriguez Offline OP
julio rodriguez  Offline OP
toronto
Hey guys Im having problems locating a diy guide for the afpr install can anybody direct me to a link or someonewhos done it b4 .

Thanx in advance,, and by the way is the aeromotive afpr for the 2g.

Gymkhana is big in Japan and considerd a cult favourite by street racers, we have it too, but we just call it Auto Cross/Time Attack, are you game? p.s METALEX MOTOR WORKS ROCKS
Re: diy install giude for afpr #174632
July 28, 2004 03:25 pm UTC
July 28, 2004 03:25 pm UTC
Mississauga
James DeCunha Offline
Serious Member
James DeCunha  Offline
Serious Member
Mississauga
Its a pretty simple procedure.

What AFPR did you buy/are you going to buy?

Do you have stainless steel lines or did you buy an afpr that will mount right up to the fuel rail.
I just installed my aeromotive AFPR about 3 days ago from Ziggy (including all the ss lines from fuel filter to return line) and it was a very simple and straight forward procedure.

Here's what to do if you choose to go the aeromotive way and use the SS kits.

Have the car running, disconnect the fuel pump to let engine die and relieve pressure in the fuel lines. Have a rag handy to catch any gas that still might be in the line.

I didn't bother to remove the fuel rail, although some may do it for easier access.
Just use a 10mm socket and remove the bolts on the stock regulator. Pull stock regulator off of the fuel rail (keep that rag handy)
Disconnect the Vacuum line going to the regulator and the return line.
Put Flange (that came with one of the ss kits) on the rail, bolt into place. Attach all AN fittings, Mount afpr, connect return line, and vacuum line.

Reconnect fuel pump, Start car, check for leaks, then set fuel pressure if there are no leaks.

You're Done!

1992 Talon 6/4bolt
What 10 seconds worth of parts doing 12s looks like
Msn: RSXER@hotmail.com
Re: diy install giude for afpr #174633
July 29, 2004 07:17 pm UTC
July 29, 2004 07:17 pm UTC
toronto
julio rodriguez Offline OP
julio rodriguez  Offline OP
toronto
Hey,thanks for the tips, but I was thinking more something along the lines of ,A) disconect the fuel return line and blah blah bla.

Thanks for advise and thanx for the response. wink

ppg

Gymkhana is big in Japan and considerd a cult favourite by street racers, we have it too, but we just call it Auto Cross/Time Attack, are you game? p.s METALEX MOTOR WORKS ROCKS